Chapter 37, last chapter: Two big news

Last chapter

Chapter 37

-Cassidy-

Uncle Peeta and Aunt Katniss has gathered us all in their house.

They look pretty serious and nervous. It's been a few years since thay called to a meeting with all of us.

Willow and Rye doesn't seem too know what they are talking about and that's quite unusual given that the ten and six year olds always tend to know everything, even things they shouldn't know about.

Willow sits nervously in the twelve year old Hunter's knee while Rye is holding Katie's hand.

Everyone looks at Aunt Katniss and Uncle Peeta.

"Can you say what you wanted to say, I'm starting to become nervous", Uncle Haymitch says impatienly.

"Mama, Papa what is it?" Rye asks anxiously. "Is Mama sick?"

"Yeah, on you two it looks like Katniss is pregnant or something", Finn laughs.

Uncle Peeta and Aunt Katniss swallows hard and looks down at the floor, both of them. Finn stops laughing and looks at them in disbelief.

I completely drop my yaw. Aunt Katniss is pregnant?

"Is this suppose to be a joke?" Uncle Haymitch asks.

They shake their heads.

"But ... But I was only joking", Finn says shocked.

"But we didn't", Uncle Peeta says.

"Is Mama going to have a baby?" Willow asks excitedly and clapping her hands happily.

"Yes Willow", Aunt Katniss says.

Everyone else seems to come to life and begins to gratulate them.

"Yeah, this isn't a very big deal though, we've already done it twice", Uncle Peeta says after a while.

Everyone falls silent.

"But I do know something that is far more interesting at the moment being", He continues, looking at Finn.

Finn looks at Uncle Peeta.

"What are you...?" He begins.

"Come on Finn", Uncle Peeta says and smiles. "This is the perfect time, everyone gathered like this, just like you told me you wanted... come on you don't think I gathered everyone here to tell you about the baby do you?"

Everyone looks at Finn and sees how he walks into the hall and gets something from his jacket pocket, before he comes back. He stands on one knee in front of me and my eyes grows. Everyone gasps.

What the hell is Finn doing?

"Cassidy", he says. "I know that I was really mean to you when we were kids, but I've explained to you, that it was because I was afraid to fall in love with you when you got older. Now you're nineteen and I'm twenty four and I can promise you that there is no turning back for me now, because I'm madly and deeply in love with you, you're funny, smart and beautiful, you can always make me laugh when I'm sad, I can always count on you to be there and make everything better. Three years ago when you where in a coma, I thought I could never be happy again, I love you infinitely, so Cassidy Sonders (A/N: I didn't know Pollux last name, so just go with it :P) would you do me the big honor of marrying me?"

I look at Finn with tears in my eyes.

I look around and see that my mother is holding Aunt Annie and my dad is holding them both. All three of them are crying.

"Cassidy what are you waiting for?" Hunter shouts excitedly.

"Yeah, say yes, say yes, say yes", Willow shouts.

I look Finn straight in the eyes and my face splits into a wide smile.

I throw myself over him and tackels him to the floor.

"Of course I'll marry you Finn Odair!" I say before I press my lips against his.

Everyone starts applauding. Hunter, Willow, Rye and Katie throw themselves over us, so we become one big lump.

Finn starts to tickle Rye and Katie and they begins to laugh loud.

The rest of the evening we spend eating a great dinner, cooked by Uncle Peeta, with and a lot of congratulations and predictions of the future. Everyone are trying to predict the future, but how it turns we just have to wait and see.

-Katniss-

Peeta and I are sitting in the nice soft grass on the meadow. Willow and Rye are running around a bit away from us and chasing each other. They laugh and are happy.

I sit in Peetas lap and keep my arms around his neck.

"How could it all end up like this?" I ask.

"What baby?" Peeta asks and brushes the hair away from my face.

"How could I be so lucky to marry you and have two amazing kids with you, and a thrid on the way?" I ask and it runs a single tear from my right eyes.

Peeta kisses the tear away.

"Because you're a beautiful and wonderful person Katniss", he says. "That's why you have Willow and Rye, you deserve the best".

Why did he skip himself? Doesn't he believe that he's the best for me as well?

"Don't skip yourself Peeta", I say and brush my lips against his. "You're the best thing for me too, when we didn't have Willow och Rye, you where the only and very, very best thing for me".

"No one has ever loved any one as much as I love you Katniss", Peeta whispers.

"Well, I know one exception", I whisper and kiss Peeta.

Everytime I kiss him, I get that feeling I got in the cave, our first Hunger Games, nothing can ruin that feeling, nothing.

I push Peeta down in the grass so he lies on his back and I sit on top of him while the kiss continues.

Peeta and I both smile under the kiss. It feels so nice and good.

"Mama, Papa, why are you doing that?" I hear Rye asking and we quickly sit up.

I'd almost forgotten that our children was here with us.

Willow stands beside her brother.

"Because they love each other Rye", she says and nods at her answer.

Peeta and I start laughing.

"Yes that's right Princess", Peeta says and Willow runs into his open arms.

"But we love the two of you as well", I say and pull Rye to me.

Rye gives me a big wet kiss on my cheek.

"I love you too Mama", he says.

"Hey!" Peeta exclaims and Rye starts laughing.

"I love you too Papa", Rye says and pats him on the cheek.

"Okay, I understand, Mama gets a kiss and I get a pat", Peeta says fake hurt.

"You can get a kiss from me Papa", Willow shouts and kisses Peeta on the cheek.

I start laughing.

I love my family so much. More than anything else.

I don't know what I would have become if I didn't have my family.

--------------------

Okay. That was that! Now this book is over, sadly, but lighten up because tomorrow I begin the sequel of this book :) yey

But what did you think about this book though? Did you like it?

Please vote and comment to tell me :)

-Josephine xx