Chapter 29: Babysitting

Chapter 29

-Finn-

"Please Finn", Peeta asks teasingly.

"No Peeta! Okay you know I respect you and love you, but NO!"

"Finn..." Peeta begins with a grin, but I interrupt him.

"No!"

Peeta wants me to babysit three year old Rye, seven year old Willow and because Peeta and Katniss are going on a double date with Aunt Julie and Uncle Gale, they want me to babysit three year old Katie and nine year old Hunter as well. However. Since there are four of them and two of them are three year old, Peeta wants Cassidy to babysit with me.

But I don't want that. Or I mean, I really, really do want that more than anything. But she's sixteen now and I'm so afraid of what might happen. Because I'm a twenty one year old guy now and I know that I might not be able to control my hormones anymore, because Cassidy ... she, she is ... oh my god, she is ... so hot. And last time I saw her, yesterday, I went straight into a pole and gave myself a bump ... so I don't know what's going to happen if we babysit together. I mean, I might accidentally drop Rye or Katie on the floor and if I did that, Katniss, Peeta, Anut Julie and Uncle Gale would not be very happy with me.

"Finn get over yourself, I thought that pole knocked some sense into your head", Peeta laughs. "What are you really afraid of?"

Peeta and I were going to the bakery yesterday when Cassidy was going to see Katniss, when I walked into that pole. Peeta has given me a temporery job at the bakery. Fortunately Cassidy didn't see when I walked into it, she had already passed us, but still, it was embarrassing.

But Peeta is right. What am I afraid of? Hm... I don't know, but it still doesn't feel quite good to babysit with Cassidy.

Maybe I should try anyway? Surely it can't get worse? Or can it? No! No it can't, or can it...? Oh god, I'm gonna give myself a serious headache.

"Well I guess I can do it ", I sigh. "But if it goes to hell, it's your fault!"

Peeta laughs.

"Okay, I'll remember that", he says with a grin. "But it won't. Okay, I know both of you Finn, it'll go fine".

"Yeah ... we'll see", I say. "We both know who to blame if it doesn't".

I walk with Peeta to his house where Cassidy is sitting in the sofa, smiling at me and Peeta when we enter. She's already here? But, I found out just an hour ago, and she already knew? How is that fair?

I look accusingly at Peeta and he tries to look innocent. He's not fooling me though.

I sigh, it's really not worth getting angry, so I just walk right into the living room. The second after the doorbell rings. It's Julie and Gale with the kids.

"I'm so glad you two agreed to babysit these little trolls", Aunt Julie says with a cheerful smile when she puts Katie in my arms. And Uncle Gale put a bag with stuff to Hunter and Katie on the floor.

Hunter walks up to Willow and they both start laughing at something that no one else knows about.

"Sure", I say smiling.

"Yes, it's just fun, you can't do anything but to love them", Cassidy says, who sits on the sofa with Rye in her arms.

Rye plays with Cassidy's hair and laughs. It's pretty strange how so little can entertain toddlers.

"Rye has to sleep at eight o'clock, just put him in the crib and give him a bottle with gruel and he falls asleep really fast", Peeta says and put on a jacket.