Chapter 3: The meeting

Chapter 3

-Peeta-

Now we're sitting on the train again, away from the beautiful sea district; District 4, but not back to District 12, no to the Capitol.

We won't get married until about three days though, but it's so much to prepare. Katniss is gnashing theeth over the wedding because it's going to be broadcast on television, and because it's going to be so fancy. For both of us, it would've been enough with the toasting, but Plutarch really goes all in for our wedding to be absolutely perfect.

Annie and Finn is with me and Katniss but Katniss's mother will be flown in with a hovercraft the morning of the wedding. Katniss has decided that the wedding will be under the sunset. To get a nice and harmonized color over the ceremony. She never let me forget that it's my favorite color, even though I never would, because it's always been my favorite color.

We arrive to the Capitol late at night and Finn is pretty grumpy.

"You know what?" I ask Katniss as the train glides in at the station.

"No, what?" She asks curiously.

"When we leave the Capitol, we'll be husband and wife", I say.

Katniss light up in a smile that makes me feel warm inside my whole body.

"I can't wait", she says happy and kisses me. Boy I love this girl.

On the lighted station we meet Plutarch and Haymitch. Behind them a pair of guards, well after all Plutarch is the President now when Paylor has died, he Plutarch wanted as his successor, and so he became the President. It happened fairly recently, so he's not used to being called President yet.

"Heeey President Heavensbee", I say fretful.

"Oh no you didn't?! For you it's always just Plutarch", he says sternly.

"Haha sure", I laugh.

"Haymitch! When did you get here?" Katniss asks.

"A few hours ago", Haymitch says. "Plutarch sent a hovercraft over to pick me up".

"Okay, should we maybe go now?" Plutarch asks.

"YeSS", Finn almost screams tired and everyone starts laughing.

We sit in Plutarchs big car and it drives us to his residence.

Immediatley when we arrive, Finn is sent off with a babysitter to a bedroom he has been asking for. While the rest of us sits down in the conference room. The last things to the wedding is to be decided. A bit silly perhaps, given the time and everything but hey what to do? Plutarch is who he is.

"Haymitch you must promise to stay as sober as you can", Katniss exclaims severely. "I can't stand drunks during the ceremony".

"If I remember correctly, you liked my drinks after you found out about the 75th Hunger Games", Haymitch chuckles.

Katniss glances at me. Yep that wasen't a bright day for any of us.

"But I stopped", Katniss says superior to Haymitch.

"You mean I forced both of you to stop back then?" I correct her with a grin.

"Okay fine", Katniss laughs.

Haymitch has a whiskey glass in his hand, but his not drunk just yet.

"Do you want me to lash out the glass in your hand Haymitch? Like I did the first time we met?" I ask approaching threatening close to Haymitch glass with my hand.

Everyone laughs as the choke, Katniss the most when the memory of; the glass that flew, hits her.

"Oh no you don't", Haymitch roars grinning. "But I promise to stay sober on one condition".

"What condition?" Katniss asks suspiciously.

"That I may hand you over to Peeta", he says.

Wow Haymitch!

Katniss says nothing. She just gets up and hurries over to Haymitch and hugs him.

"Of course you can", she says.

Plutarch notes. Seriously? How does he have the energy? I'm totally axhausted.

Suddenly the door opens with a loud bang and everyone jumps.

Effie Trinket enters the room. Katniss and I haven't seen her in years. No seriously, we haven't seen her for like ten years or so. She went out to travel around the world. But somehow she managed to get herself to not look a day older out than when we last saw her.

"Effie!" Katniss and I burst out the same time and run over to her and hug her together.

"Oh my you two have become big", Effie says. "You have changed so much".

"Unfortunely, we can't say the same about you Effie", Katniss says.

"Oh thank you so much dear", Effie says. She looks over us all in the room. "Okay people, we have a big big big day to look forward to, so let's roll!"

Our control freak is back!

I stare at her in disbelief. Is she serious? It's like 1 a.m. in the morning. For gods sake woman, take it easy. But she's Effie after all, I have to remind myself.

Katniss looks at me and sighs before we take our seats again.
•••
At half past four in the morning Effie let's us all go to bed.

"Oh Peeta what have we gotten ourselves into?" Katniss asks in despair from the edge of the bed in our bedroom.

I take off my shirt.

"It'll be okay Katniss", I say and smile awry.

"No it won't, they all do such a big deal of our wedding", Katniss says. "And do I even have to mention the cameras that's going to be there?"

Now I have nothing but boxers on me, but Katniss stopped to be ashamed about it since ... never, I see how her cheeks begin to turn pink.

I laugh.

"We haven't come across this stage yet?" I ask and pull on a pair of gray soft pants and sit beside her. "I mean it's not like we haven't done stuff Katniss, so I don't understand why you blush when you see me in my boxers, you know you have seen me naked, babe".

Katniss mumbles something I didn't hear.

"What was that?" I ask.

"Because you have a beautiful body", Katniss mumbles

I drag my eyebrows together and smiles.

"You do as well Katniss", I say.

"But I'm not the one with a sexy six-pack", she says.

I start to laugh. That she have never told me before.

"Oh come here", I say and wrap my arms around her.

We crawl into bed and I pull Katniss close to me. Now we just hope she dosen't have any nightmares tonight. And not me either for that matter.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Okey so this is a nother chapter, hope you liked it :)

Vote and comment please, I would be so happy

bye you guys

-Josephine 💋