Chapter 22: Four years later...

Chapter 22

-Cassidy-

I close the locker lid. I don't need any books with me home today. I'll be home from school tomorrow and tomorrow is Friday and I don't go to school Saturdays and Sundays, so that's good, I won't miss that much.

I start walking in the corridor from my locker to get out of school. They told me to hurry home when school ended today.

When I walk they come. Oh no. Not today.

"Hey Cassidy! Are you going home to mute dumb daddy now?" Roger asks mockingly.

I'm not turning around.

"I can't see why you have to know", I sputter to him while I continue to walk forward.

"The chick is in a bad mood today, Roger!" Chris shouts mockingly, but I'm always in a bad mood around them.

Chick?! What the hell?

I ignore them and walk through the entrance door, and end up on the schoolyard.

"Cassidy! Stop!" Kimmie shouts.

Yeah right! You would like that huh?! I think sarcastically.

They reach me. Bibi takes a hold of my arm and forces me to stop.

"What the hell do you want?" I ask angrily and turn around.

Roger, Chris, Kimmie, Bibi and Melina arestanding there with mocking expressions.

"Daddy's little girl has a bad temper", Melina teases cruel.

I hate them! I hate them! I hate them!

"Leave me alone", I sputter at them.

"Is mute daddy's girl sad now? Daddy doesn't talk to little girl, hmm?!" Kimmie says with a pretend baby voice.

I hate them.

They just love mocking me because of my dad. They know that he can't talk, but they don't know why, so they should just shut the hell up!

I don't show them that they actually hurt me with what they say about my dad. I love him so much and I don't care if he can talk or not. Words or no words, he's my dad.

And just because he can't talk, doesn't mean that others can mock him, especially not when they don't know the reason why he can't talk!

I keep the tears inside with difficulty and keep the hard expression on my face, to not reveal myself to them.

"Daddy is just too stupid to be able to talk", Roger says winning.

I look at him. Oh how I want to give him a hefty slap here and now, no matter if the others fights back.

I even raise my hand before I hear a hard voice behind me.

"WHAT did you say?"

I turn around and see Finn Odair stand there. He's really angry. He hates it when someone mocks my dad because he can't talk.

He talkes one step forward and end up right next to me.

"I didn't quite hear you", he says, but it's clearly visible that he did.

Roger suddenly looks a bit scared.

"Uh ... I, I uh..."

"Finn Odair!" Chris breathe out.

Finn is one of the most popular and hot guys in school, in addition, he's eighteen years old and a last year student. I'm almost the only girl who doesn't faint and make a fool of myself when he walks by.