Chapter 12: Home at last

Chapter 12

-Peeta-

I had to stay calm throughout the train ride, to not make the others suspicious. And by 'the others', I mean Haymitch Annie, Finn, Pollux, Felice och Cassidy.

Katniss mostly sits and looks at me with an amused expression while I'm trying hard to make conversations with Haymitch but always fail because I can't wait until we get home.

"What's the matter with you anyways?" Haymitch asks eventually.

"Nothing I'm just tired", I say innocently.

"Umhmm", Haymitch says doubtful, but apparently he decides to let it pass.

When we come out on the platform, we're surrounded by lots of people.

Reporters, photographers and almost everyone from District 12.

Oh no, we weren't prepared for this, even though one might think that we should have been, because on second thought Katniss and I are famous and on top of that the newly married Mr. and Mrs. Mellark who returns home after about a month.

I look at the others. Us adults doesn't seem to care much, while Finn and Cassidy on the other hand ... poor them. Cassidy hides behind her father while Finn is hiding behind Haymitch  and holding a tight grip on his mothers hand. But that doesn't help him much. Annie and Haymitch are also known victors from the terrible Hunger Games.

Cassidy looks the most scared because she's still so little, just eight years old.

Katniss takes my hand and puts her face on my arm while I lead her away from the platform. All the people following us.

Finn is now holding Cassidy's hand while they walk in front of me and Katniss. Cassidy has her face on Finns arm, just like Katniss has hers on my arm.

I can't help to think that they are so indescribably cute like that.

Outside the station, there is one big car ready to drive us home.

The car is only going to the Victor's Village. Only victors got houses in the Victor's Village during the Games, but now there won't be anymore victors, so Annie could easily just chose one as well as Pollux and Felice. No one other than them, Katniss, Haymitch and I lives in the village.

The cameras continue to take pictures when we're sitting in the car. Some in particular enthusiastic photographers are even running after the car.

"Oh my God, they never give up, do they?" Cassidy asks upset, looking out of the window.

"Get used to it Cassidy", Finn says cruel. "Your parents are friends with Katniss, Peeta, Uncle Haymitch and my mother, so don't be afraid you coward".

"So what?!" Cassidy mills to him. "And I'm not a coward, I HATE you, you know that?"

Wait ... what just happened? Only a minute ago Finn protected her from the cameras and she had her face on his arm ... now they fight as if the hate each other more than anything else?

I look at the others and no one seems to understand anything. Finn and Cassidy didn't fight this much before. What's really happening between them?

"Good, maybe I won't have to see you most of the time", Finn hisses.

"Finn Finnick Odair!" Annie says sternly.

Cassidy's eyes are filled with tears but she doesn't cry. Maybe she doesn't want to in front of Finn, he's after all the reason for her tears.

"I hate you", she says with a hurt voice.

Finn just snorts without saying anything. Cassidy puts herself in Pollux knee.

"Don't care about him Cassidy", Annie says to Cassidy.

"I don't Auntie Annie", Cassidy says proud.

Finn looks like he wants to say something hurful but Annie gives him a warning glance. "You do best just keeping your mouth shut", she says and he does.

The car first stops outside outside our house. It was mine at first, but Katniss moved in many years ago, she refuses to go into her own house. Too many bad memories she says.

"Goodbye", Katniss says and hugs everyone before she gets out of the car.

"Goodbye", I also say.

But when I was about to walk out of the car someone takes hold of me and hugs me.

Finn.

"Bye Finn", I say, patting him on the back.

"Goodbye worlds best godfather ever".

Everyone laughs. It's a bit difficult to understand that this cute and innocent boy, actually behave quite cruel against Cassidy.

When I get out of the car, I see that Katniss is already inside because the front door is slightly open and she's not out here.

Suddenly I remember what she said to me when we we're in the Capitol. And before I know it I'm standing outside our bedroom. Katniss isn't there, but I hear sounds from the bathroom. I walk into the bedroom and knock on the door to the bathroom.

"Katniss?"

"Mm", she says. "I'll be out soon".

"Take your time", I say without really meaning it, but I don't want to rush her. "I'm waiting".

About a minute later she comes out.

"I have the sexiest wife ever", I say and try to put my eyes back in the orbits.

Katniss is wearing the same nightgown she had on our wedding night.

Katniss raises her eyebrows. She comes up to me and pulls off my shirt.

"Tell that to your abs", she says. "I look like a goose, while you on the other hand ... well I might wanna keep you locked up, or else maybe another girl will take you away from me".

I can't believe my ears. She called herself ugly and thinks that I'll find another girl.

"Never gonna happen Katniss", I say. "I only belong to you forever".

"I can say the same about me", she says and kisses me on the cheek. On the cheek!

But I'm prepared. I know her weak spot, the one that will get her to throw herself over me.

I begin to kiss her lovingly on her neck. I kiss her over her whole neck and she starts kissing my neck muscles.

Now she's stuck without turning back. I understand that when she starts to snap up my belt.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Okay another chapter is done, what did you think?

I hope you liked it and the next one is going to be a bit fun, just saying so hold on for it ;)

Vote and comment please and let me know what your thoughts about this chaper :)

-Josephine 💋