Chapter 2: District 4

Chapter 2

-Katniss-

Going on vacation before you get married is a really good, nice, refreshing thing to do. I think it is anyway.

Peeta and I are standing in the water at the beach.

I'm wearing a light, light blue dress that flutters in the calm wind. Peeta is wearing a white shirt that is half buttoned and a very lovely pair of beige pants.

Peeta's hair is short but still long enough to flutter in the wind's light wings, and I have my hair half set up in a beautiful knot that covers the back of my head with tiny blue butterfly clamps that decorates nice and elegant, the other half of my long brown hair is hanging over my shoulder in curls while it flutters as simple and soft as Peeta's.

We stand with our feet on the bottom and our feet is caressed by the soft silky sand. We have water up to our knees and my dress and Peeta's pants is touching the water a little.

Peeta is standing behind me with his arms around me in an embrace, and with his lips resting against my cheek. I get all warm of his light breaths.

Together we see the sunset that is also seen in the water as a mirror image of the beautiful sun going down.

"You're right", I whisper to Peeta.

"About what?" Peeta whispers back.

"About the color of the sunset", I whisper dreamy. "This orange color really is beautiful, orange is a nice color, except for Effies wig".

I can't stop a small laugh. We both remember the day Peeta told me that his favorite color is orange.

We were seventeen and I had jumped off the train during the victor's tour after a quarrel with Effie Trinket and Peeta who wanted to patch together what had broken between us, had followed me and tried to find out why I was so angry and sad.

Just there, I had never thought I would be right here with the blond, blue-eyed boy with indescribably long eyelashes, and that I love more than everything else.

"You have a remarkable memory", Peeta says with a smile.

"I remember everything about you", I smile whispering back and turn my head and face Peeta's warm lips with mine.

I let my arm rest on Peeta's shoulder while I drag my fingers through his silky soft ashy blond hair.

Very reluctantly I end the kiss, but there is one thing I want to do.

"Peeta..." I say as seductively I can.

"Mm..."

And I push him so he falls flat on his butt in the water.

He looks so startled and shocked that I burst out laughing. When Peeta's shock has settled he starts to laugh as well. But he gets a wondering expression on his face.

"What is it?" I ask, who still smiles with my whole face.

"I don't know", he says, digging in the sand with his hand, and then finally digs up a clam.

"Should there be clams this far in?" I ask and sit on my knees beside Peeta, I completely forget that we are still in the water, and when I remember it, it's too late.

"Nah ... Annie said that they are further out, not this far in", he answers.

After some coaxing Peeta succeed to pry open the clam, and we expect us to see a dead mollusc but instead we see a pearl sparkle.

"Hahaha", Peeta laughs.

And so we say together with one and harmonized undertone:

"Well, if you put enough pressure on coal it turns to pearls".

"Here you go my fair lady", Peeta says and gives me the pearl.

"Thank you", I say in dignified tone and take the pearl.

I throw myself over my handsome fiancé. I drop the pearl and it splashes into the water, but I don't care. I still have the first pearl Peeta gave me, he dosen't know I still have it.

"You're only mine", I whisper in Peeta's ear. "Only mine".

"And that will never change", Peeta promises.

"I'll always need you, and you should never ever think otherwise", I whisper and Peeta looks at me seriously before he kisses me. Long and lovingly.

I realize that it's true. I'll always need Peeta.

I'm never getting tired of his kisses. Never ever. And right now, I don't know how I'll ever be able to stop.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Okey that was another chapter :)

What did you guys think?

Vote and comment please and let me know :)

-Josephine 💋