Chapter 32: Bad news

Chapter 32

-Finn-

I'm sitting in the waiting room at the hospital. Katniss and Rye are sitting next to me. I have Willow in my lap, I really have to hug her. Right now Willow is the only one who stops me from a break down.

"It's gonna be okay Finn", Willow tries to comfort me.

She starts stroking my cheek and starts to cry. I wipe her tears away with my thumb.

Willow's so cute. She always cries when she sees me cry. But I don't cry often in front of her. Actually I never really cry.

Katniss puts an arm around my shoulders and I sink down in the chair and put my head on her shoulder and put my face onto Ryes back, while Willow makes herself comfortable in my arms, sobbing against my arm.

"Finn, you know, we haven't heard anything, neither good or bad, so don't jump to conclusions right now", Katniss says comforting.

My mom is not here. Cassidy's mom Felice had already had time to go to the Capitol, so mom wanted to go after her and tell her in person, because she dosen't think that this is something to tell someone over the phone.

"But Peeta's been gone for half an hour, where is he? He said he was only going to ask about Cassidy", I say.

"He's coming soon", Katniss says and kisses me on my forehead.

We've been here for almost three hours, Peeta and I. We went in the ambulance with Cassidy. They rolled her n directly when we came, so Peeta and I got separated from her. We sat her an hour before Katniss and the kids came, and half an hour ago, Peeta was going to see what was going on with Cassidy.

I hear footsteps and turn my eyes to the opening without taking my head from my godmothers shoulder.

Inside comes a panting Charlotte.

"I wasn't allowed to leave school, have you heard anything?" She gasps.

"No", I sat with a dead voice.

"But..." She starts, she sees that I have my head on Katniss shoulder looking extremely worried and sad.

It's probably the first time she meets Katniss, and she's famous.

I really can't deal with a lot of unnecessary questions right now.

"Katniss this is Charlotte, Cassidys best friend, Charlotte this is Katniss Mellark as you already know, in addition she's my godmother", I present them with the same dead voice.

Charlotte walk up to us and offers her hand to Katniss who takes it.

"Nice to meet you", Charlotte said.

"You too, Charlotte", Katniss says.

"A bit inappropriate, given the circumstances, don't you think?" I say, looking down at the floor while I hold a tighter grip on Willow, who buries her face deeper into my arm.

I know that I sound mean and it doesn't feel good, but I really think that they could have met under better circumstances.

Charlotte sits down in the chair next to me and Willow.

After another ten minutes Peeta comes back.

I put Willow down on the floor and she runs up to Peeta and wants him to carry her up.

He kisses her forehead when he has her in his arms.

"What took you so long?" I ask and straighten up.

Peeta opens his mouth to say something but closes it just as quickly. It looks like he doesn't really know what to say.

"What is it?" I ask and get a cold feeling through my whole body. My godfather is usually the one who's always been good with words. "Peeta, what is it?"