Chapter 1: On the train

I DO NOT OWN THE CHARACTERS TO THE STORY!

RIGHTS TO THE CHARAKTERS AND HUNGER GAMES BELONG SUZANNE COLLINS!!

(IN EVERY CHAPTER)!

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Chapter 1

-Peeta-

"Why haven't we gone here before?" Finn asks where he sits and bounces up and down in the train. "Why haven't you taught me to fish and stuff before, mother?"

I smile at him. Finn Odair is thirteen years old and is for the first time in his life, visiting District 4. He lives in District 12 with his mother and now he'll get the chance to start learning a bit about fishing and other things that you learn in District 4.

"Uh ... Because I haven't wanted to go to District 4 earlier, sweetheart", Annie says sadly.

Finn stops bouncing and look at his mother.

"Why not? Aren't you born in District 4? I thought you took part in the Hunger Games for District 4", Finn says thoughtfully.

Because he's only thirteen, Finn has just started visiting the arenas with his school class, as you start to do when you're twelve. So he has only visited fifteen arenas so far and have absolutely not visited the two arenas that his parents became victors in.

"Yes but Finn, you get the answers to all the questions when you're mature enough to handle the answers", I say in a calm tone. "And you should never be in a hurry because you might get an answer that you're not at all ready to handle and I know that you, who is only thirteen isn't ready for the answer to that question".

Finn looks enchanted, as he always does when I give him answers like that.

"Well, I must simply wait", Finn says. "If you really think so".

"I really do", I say.

Finn and I have a special relationship, he never says against me, and Annie says that he has deep respect for me. Annie said that it could be because Katniss and I are his godparents and I'm the closest to a father Finn may ever come, she says that Haymitch is more like a grandfather.

Annie gives me a grateful look and I give her an encouraging nod but a sad look and take a tight hold on Katniss's hand.

A waiter brings hot milk to Finn.

"Thank you", Finn says happily.

Katniss smiles at the waiter, he was the one who worked on the train before.

He bows before he walks away. Not that he needs to bow.

Katniss looks at the smiling Finn. And that's when he does it. Something that none of us has seen him do before. We all see how he lifts his hand to the sugar bowl, takes a sugar cube and put it in his mouth.

Katniss and I just sit there and gape while Annie is making the effort not to burst into tears. It was just like seeing Finnick sit in front of us. Now Finn actually takes the sugar bowl and holds it to Katniss.

"Want I sugar cube?" He asks.

It looks like Katniss can't say no to him. White in her face, she takes a sugar cube and put it in her mouth.

Finn notice my gaze and suddenly looks worried.

"Have I done something wrong?" He asks and put back the sugar bowl.

All three look at each other. Annie nods briefly towards me.

"No Finn, it's just that you're very similar to your father in many ways", I say. "He also used to eat sugar cubes".

At first it looks like Finn is going to cry, but his face breaks out into a sad smile.

"It's good that I have similarities with my father, it makes me feel closer to him somehow, even though I never met him and never will", he says.

Annie puts her arms around her son and pulls him close to her.

Katniss settles with her upper body in my arms med let me rock her soothing. My shirt get soaked with her tears, and even I start to cry silently at the thought of Finnick.

The train stops and we hear a voice that says that we now have arrived to District 4.

When we come out on the platform a lady throw herself over Katniss. It takes us both a while before we understand that it's her mother.

Her mother had moved to District 4 after the war. Katniss told me that it was because she couldn't stand to live in District 12 because Prim is dead.

Here in District 4 Mrs. Everdeen has opened a pharmacy where she sells both the best medications and care for injured people.

It's been so long since Katniss met her mother.

After a while Mrs. Everdeen throws herself on me too, which actually shocks me.

"It's so good to see you both", she shouts and takes mine and Katniss hands in her both and keep them to her lips.

"Yeah, are you sure you don't want to move back to District 12, mother?" Katniss asks.

"Katniss, I just can't".

Katniss and I nod understanding.

"But you have to come to our wedding", I insist, in a tone that says that I don't accept no for an answer.

"Are you going to have it in District 12?" Mrs. Everdeen asks.

"Nope, Plutarch insists very strongly that we should have it in the Capitol, but we said that we'll only go along with it if we get toasting after the ceremony", I say.

We all walk from the platform and towards the beautiful sea district.

Finn's eyes shine. Now he finally can start to learning what you learn in District 4.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Well how was the first chapter?

Good? Bad? Boring? Funny?

Just let me know by your votes and comments

-Josephine 💋