Chapter 7: The wedding

Chapter 7

-Katniss-

I start jumping up and down like a little kid.

"Calm down Katniss", Haymitch laughs.

He is fully sober and also kind. Usually when he's sober he tends to be grumpy and sour but today he's just happy. I wonder why. Mine and Peeta's wedding surely can't make him this happy. Or can it?

I stop jumping and we begin to move forward. We see the hedge and round it, and than we see the entire ceremony. Everyone was sitting down but now when the bride arrives, in this case myself, they stand up with broad smiles, facing me and Haymitch.

We do as Effie told us and walk very slowly. But. I catch sight of Peeta.

And of course looks clean, well groomed and handsome with a black tuxedo and shiny black patent shoes. But somehow I think he looks sexy, with his intense blue eyes staring into my soul and makes me melt everytime he looks at me and with his ashy blond hair all messed up.

Mine. His only mine.

I want to run up to him, I for one think this is far too slow. I would've actually ran if Haymitch arm hadn't been hooked around my arm to keep me in this slow marsh.

Peeta's face splits into a smile when he sees me walking down the the aisle and his eyes begin to shine even more.

Finn and Plutarch stands next to Peeta and smiles too.

When Haymitch and I has walked more than half of the isle, Peeta begins to walk towards us also slow, to meet us. When we meet each other almost at the altar, Haymitch takes my hand and places it at it's home in Peetas large, warm and soft hand. He kisses my cheek and give Peeta an appreciative pat on the shoulder before he walks to take his place between my mother and Effie.

I look Peeta in his face and take in every single facial feature of his face before walking up to the priest, who's waiting for us.

Now I see how beautiful everything is; the priest at the front and next to him but a step back Cassidy with the rings. At the altar on the left Johanna and Annie stands with beautiful sky blue dresses and two heartly flower bouquets.

And we have this beautiful sunset that provides a romantic atmosphere everywhere.

But my courage sinks when I catch sight of the cameras that hungrily seeks after mine and Peetas faces. Though the main thing for me, and the reason I'm here today is Peeta and he is holding my hand steady while we walk up to stand in front of the priest.

It all goes by so fast and soon Peeta takes out a paper from his pocket, he's gonna read his vows.

Suddenly he looks at me and than at everyone here.

"You know what, never mind this", he says and rip the paper apart. Everyone starts to whisper and I look at Peeta with raised eyebrows. What's he doing? He doesn't want to get married? I start feeling worried. "I don't need to read from a paper. Katniss, this you may already know, but I began to love you from the first day I saw you when we were five years old, with your adorable two braids, beautiful gray eyes and wonderful singing voice. Everyday I wanted to talk to you but everyday I was a coward, I wanted to tell you how endlessly in love I was with you".

Peeta's blue eyes sparkle when diamond clear tears begin to flow.

"The reaping day was strangely one of my best days, because all of a sudden you saw me, you noticed me and I said my first words to you. You are what makes me want to wake up in the morning, Katniss Everdeen you are the best and most valuable I have in my life, without you I wouldn't be whole, I'd be a broken man. You love me real or not real?"

Tears are flowing from my eyes. Annie hands me a piece of paper where I had for once managed to write what I wanted to say, but suddenly I realize that I don't need it.

I take the paper, rip it apart and let the pieces fall to the grownd.

"Peeta..." I say through the tears. Peeta wipes my tear with his thumb. "Oh my Peeta ... I don't think you understand how long I've been watching you. I did notice you before the reaping day ... After you gave me that bread, I kept an eye on you, looked at you in secret, cheered on you during wrestling in school, how could I do otherwise? It was you who gave me hope that I wouldn't starve to death", I say as steady as I can while the tears continue to flow. I wait a second before I continue, giving airing to my feelings as my tears flow. "Peeta you saved my life back then and if you hadn't, we wouldn't be here today ... You're my boy with the bread, you've always been and always will be and nothing can change that. More REAL than you'll ever know".

Peeta and I stand there, looking at each other. The priest clears his throat and begins to speak.

"Do you Peeta Mellark take Katniss Everdeen as your wife, to love and to hold in sickness and in health until death do you part?"

"Yes", Peeta says in a steady voice.

"Do you Katniss Everdeen take Peeta Mellark as your husband, to love and to hold in sickness and in health until death do you part?"

"Yes", I say in a kind of excited voice.

Peeta smiles.

"Than I want to ask for the rings", the priest says

Cassidy takes a step forward and holds up the pillow with the rings.

When everything is finished the priest says: "I now pronounce you husband and wife, Peeta you may now kiss the bride".

Peeta puts a hand on my cheek and one on my back and pulls me close. I throw my arms around his neck and he leans in and kisses me.

It feels like we're standing on clouds, nothing exists except Peeta and I. But all too soon the reality and everyone returns when Peeta withdraws. Probably because of Effies schedule. We pull apart and turns to our tearful audience.

Everyone has been crying, or everyone exept Haymitch that is, he's mostly biting his lower lip to keep himself from crying.

I look at my mother, she has has the biggest smile I've ever seen her smile in years even though her eyes are red.

Effie now has problem with her makeup after the tears and the assistants are crying uncontrollably still.

The priest shouts:

"I now have the greatest pleasure, that for the first time ever present you to, Peeta and Katniss Mellark!"

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

I really hope you guys like this story :)

Let me now your thoughts about what I'm writing, I would really love it if you vote and comment to let me now

Love you guys who actuallt reads this <3

-Josephine 💋