Chapter 36: As long as we have each other

Chapter 36

-Peeta-

"PEETA, PEETA DON'T LEAVE ME, PEETA NOO, NOO I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, DON'T LEAVE ME!"

I wake up by Katniss scream.

She lies beside me and swings her arms around her in the air and kicking with her feet. It looks like she's running in her dream. She's crying.

It really breaks my heart to see her like this, I wish I could take all her pain away. But I know I can't. The only thing I can do is to be here for her, and I always will be.

I sit up and move her into my arms and wrap my arms around her.

"Katniss, Katniss wake up baby", I say and try to wake her up. "Katniss wake up".

She opens her eyes and looks around. She's still crying and I rock her in my arms.

"Katniss, I'm here, I'm here and I'm not going anywhere", I say comforting. "It was just a nightmare baby, I'm here".

Katniss buries her face in my bare chest. She starts to shake. She shakes a lot.

This must have been a really nasty nightmare. She hasn't had a strong nighmare like this in a really long time now. Oh my poor Katniss.

I hold her tighter to me, to show her that I'll always be here to protect her.

"Oh Peeta", she sobs.

My heart aches really bad when I see her like this.

"Honey, you want to talk about it?" I ask.

I know that it helps her a lot to talk about her nightmares, but sometimes she just don't want to do that.

She lifts her head and looks at me before she nods.

I wipe her tears with my thumb.

"What was your nightmare about?" I ask.

I know what it was about. The Hunger Games, as usual. That damn Game has ruined our lives forever.

"That ... I came to the bakery, and you ... were kissing ... Another girl, she was really beautiful", Katniss sobs. "And I asked ... How ... you could do that ... And you said ... that you didn't love me anymore ... That you would get married to the other much more beautiful girl".

Her nightmare wasn't about the Hunger Games at all.

How can she think that I would want another girl? I love no one but her and I will never stop loving her.

"Katniss baby, I will never ever be able to love anyone but you", I say and brush her hair from her eyes.

She looks at me and is still shaking very much.

"And you're beautiful, very beautiful, for me there is no one more beautiful than you", I continue. "You're my world Katniss, I wouldn't be able to breathe if I didn't have you".

"Do you remember when you told me what your nightmares was about?" She asks.

Of course I remember. I'm just surprised that she remembers that. We were seventeen when I told her the first time.

"Yes of course", I say and lean my forehead against hers.

"Nowadays my nightmares is about the exact same thing", she whispers. "They're always about me losing you in one way or another, and I wouldn't be able to live if I lost you Peeta".

My body becomes all warm when I hear what Katniss says. She never told me this before.

"I love you so, so much Peeta Mellark", she whispers.