Chapter 20: She's here...

Chapter 20

-Katniss-

I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die.

"You can do it Katniss", the doctor says encouragingly.

"No..." I gasp.

"Yeah you can darling, one more time, she's almost here, her head is already out", Peeta says. "One more push, baby, one more".

I take a deep breath. Collects all the strenght I have left in my body and push as hard as I can.

And that's when it happens. That's when I can hear her scream.

"She's here", Peeta shouts. "Baby, she's here".

Mendal takes her away to wash her off.

When he comes back, he has a little budle with him. He puts the bundle in my arms and I see the most beautiful and enchanting little baby.

I start to cry. Is this lovely creature mine? Mine and Peeta's?

"She look just like you Katniss", Peeta says happily and put his hand under her little head.

I look at him. He is crying too. And all I can see in his eyes when he looks at her is pure love. A fathers love to his daughter must be something really special.

When I look at her again, she opens her eyes for the first time and I lose my breath. She has the exact, clear ocean blue eyes that Peeta has. Those eyes that I love so much.

"Oh Peeta, you see?" I whisper. "She has you're beautiful eyes".

Peeta smiles broadly.

"What should we call her?" He asks.

Oops. That's a really good question. What should we call her her? I have no idea.

"I don't know, that's hard", I say.

"We should give it some thought", Peeta says.

The baby starts crying. I almost panic, how do you calm a baby? Maybe I should try to sing, maybe that will calm her down.

"Deep in the meadow,

Under the willow,

A bed of grass,

A soft green pillow..."

She stops crying, looking at me. It's like she understand what I'm singing.

"Willow!" I say.

"What?" Peeta saks confused because I just stopped singing.

"Her name Peeta; Willow", I say. "As in the song and the one in the meadow. Willow Annie Julie Mellark!"

Peeta's eyes light up even more. I didn't know they could.

"Yeah, yeah Willow is a beautiful name, Annie and Julie fits to her too", he says. "Hi there Willow".

He turns to me.

"I love you so much Katniss", Peeta says.

"I love you too Peeta", I say and kiss him.

We stop when the door opens. Haymitch, Annie and Finn enters the room.

"Oh..." Finn says and comes to see Willow. "She's so cute".

"Yeah, you got a cute little god-sister", I say and smile at Finn.

"Yeah I have", he says, laughing.

I look at the other two and my attention turns towards Haymitch directly. Peeta's too.

He's crying. Crying! I've never ever seen him cry, not once, but now he does, he's crying.