Chapter 15: Not without you

Chapter 15

-Peeta-

"Peeta ... oh my woderful, wonderful Peeta", she says. "I'm ... Peeta ... Peeta I'm pregnant".

When her words reaches me, I feel temporally paralyzed.

Pregnant? Katniss is pregnant? What? Is she really pregnant?

"Peeta...?" I hear Katniss say.

She caresses my cheek again and suddenly I've swallowed the news. I'm going to be a daddy!

I lift up Katniss in my arms again and spin around with her, while we both laugh.

"I'm going to be a daddy and you're going to be a mommy", I say when I stop.

"Yes, yes we are", Katniss says and smiles widely. "Are you happy?"

How can I be anythng else but happy?

"Very, very happy", I say. "All I ever wanted was to have a family with you Katniss".

"Yeah that's good, because the baby is already inside of me", she giggles

I put her down.

"I was at the doctor yesterday when you where in the bakery", she says. "I thought I was sick first or something, but he said that I'm pregnant, and have been for a month".

"A month?" I as amazed.

A month...? Hm... Oh it was the night we came home from the Capitol.

"Peeta?" Katniss asks and giggle.

I realize that I grinning like a fool.

"You became pregnant the same night as we got home", I say with a grin.

"I know", she says with a smile.

I pull up Katniss shirt and caress her belly, even though it doesn't show a bump yet.

Katniss starts laughing when I kiss the belly.

"Peeta you goofy bread boy", she laughs.

I laugh and lift her up before I run upstairs and into our bedroom.

•••

"Are you sure that you don't need help, honey?" Katniss asks for the tenth time today.

"No Katniss, I told you, I'm done soon", I say while I cook the last of the food.

We're having that dinner tonight and Katniss has nagged about helping me, but she's lousy at cooking so I've told her to rest instead.

"But Peeta..."

"Katniss you can't even cook", I laugh. "Besides I'm done ... Now".

I let the big pot stand and simmer on the stove on low heat so it can keep warm. I made lamb stew, that one with dried plums in it.

I lift up Katniss bridal style.

"Why do you continue to lift me up all the time Peeta?" She giggles.

"Because I love it", I say and walk up to our bedroom.

Where I throw her on the bed. But she grabs my shirt so I also fall down on the bed.

"Not without you darling", she says and presses her lips aginst mine.

"I'll take a shower now", I say when she releases me.

I get undressed head towards the bathroom door.

"Ouch!"

I hear a laugh behind me.