Chapter 19: Uh oh, I think it's time...

Chapter 19

-Katniss-

"Peeta, I promise you, I'm okay", I tell Peeta.

"You didn't seem okay, baby", Peeta says anxiously.

I had fallen down on the floor, screaming in pain. Bad move because Peeta basically panicked. But I really just wanted to release the pain, even though it wasn't as bad as I made it sound.

"Peeta, I was exaggerating, I promise", I say. "Now go to the bakery, Julie and Hunter is coming soon, so I won't be alone".

"Katniss..." Peeta starts, but I interrupt him.

"Peeta, you're really cute and I love you, but I can take care of myself for a few hours", I say and hold Peeta's hand tightly. "In addition, Julie will be here even if something would happen, so please Peeta, care about yourself for once and go to the bakery and start baking, you love to bake Peeta".

"I love you more", Peeta says, but he gets up from the sofa. "But you're right, maybe I should go to the bakery".

"Yes, you really shoud", I say and get up from the sofa as well, with big effort.

I walk with him to the door.

"I love you Peeta", I say when he opens the door and the sun makes his eyes shine more than usual. "God Peeta, I love you so much".

My eyes start to tear up, but I won't let myself cry.

"Katniss, I love you so so much, you're everthing to me, everything", Peeta says and kisses me before he walks out and I shut the door behind him.

I barely have time to take one step before the doorbell rings and I open the door with a little laugh.

"Hey Julie", I say.

"Hey Katniss", she smiles and puts down Hunter who runs into the house.

Hunter has been here so often with both Julie and Julie and Gale together, that he feels as safe here as in his and his parents home.

"You excited? It's almost time", Julie says.

"Yes, it'll be nice to get rid of the pain", I say. "But there's an even bigger pain to defeat before she gets here".

"Yes, but after that it gets so much better", Julie smile.

I'm nine months pregnant and everyone's excited, and even more when they see me. On them it looks like they expect my water to break anytime.

"Yeah it will", I say cheerfully, and Hunter comes running towards us.

He just turned two years old this month, and he can talk pretty good for a two year old.

He crawls up in the sofa between me and Julie.

"You have nice hair", he says and pulls hisfingers through my hair.

Hunter has been facinated by my hair ever since he first met me, eight months ago.

"Your hair too Hunter", I say to him and smile.

"Yeah, you and Aunt Katniss has almost the same hair hair color, sweetie", Julie says and Hunter's big gray eyes light up.

"Okay, who wants some of Uncle Peeta's cookies?" I ask with a pretend baby voice.

"Me, me, me, me", both Hunter and Julie shouts and raise their hands.

"Okay, I'll just go and get some", I say.

When I got up from the sofa, the doorbell rings.

It's probaly Cassidy, because she said that she would stop by today.

"Come in Cassidy", I shout and the door opens.

Cassidy comes in and runs up to Hunter, she really loves him.

"Hello", she says to me and Julie.

Cassidy turned nine last month so she tries to behave more grown up, but she's just too cute.

"Do you want a cookie, Cassidy?"

"Yes please Aunt Katniss", she says sweetly.

But when I'm on my way to the kitchen, it feels as if I peed on myself.

I look down and see a puddle form.

Oh no, my water just broke.

"Uh ... Julie?" I say as I start to feel a crippling pain. "Julie?"

"Yes?"

"I uh ... think my ... uh ... water just broke", I say under the pain.

"WHAT?" She screams and runs up to me. "Okay, uh Cassidy run to the bakery and tell Peeta that I've gone with Katniss and Haymitch to the hospital".

"Okay, okay, okay, oh my god", she shouts before running out.

Julie runs up to mine and Peeta's bedroom to get the bag, we've had packed for a week.

"Do you think you can go to the hospital without anyone noticing?" She asks me when we walk over to Haymitch's house.

"Yeah I think so", I say. "No I have to".

But I don't know, it hurts so much that I just want to lay down and die.

We fetch Haymitch and hurry over to the hospital and I'm assigned a room.

The doctor and Mendal checks me and I have to lie there and be in pain, because I can't get an anesthetic quite yet.

Oh I wish that Peeta was here, I don't want to do this by myself.

I lie in bed and try to relax. I try to, but I can't, it hurts too much, but I don't give in for tears. I have to keep myself strong and not weak.

Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out ... that's the way I'm going to try to calm down.

"Oh Mendal, please can I get the anesthetic now?" I ask in a weak voice.

"I'm so sorry Katniss, but not quite yet", he says. "Soon I promise, but do you want us to let Peeta in now?"

"Peeta? Is he here now?"

"Yes, he came fifteen minutes ago, but we couldn't let him in while we checked on you", Mendal says.

"Well let him in! He has to come, I need him", I say.

The next second Peeta enters the room with an apron he got from the doctor.

"Katniss!" He says and hurries to my bed.

"Peeta", I say happily and take his hand when he comes.

"I shouldn't have gone to the bakery", he says.

"Yes you should've, Julie was with me, everthing went well and you're here now", I say.

"Yeah I guess so", he says.

"OUCH!" I scream.

And Peeta just loses it, he can't stand to see me in pain.

"CAN SHE HAVE THAT DAMN ANESTHETIC NOW?"

"Okay, now she can get it", Mendal says.

And I get it. Now the pain becomes much easier to handle.

"Katniss", the doctor says. "You're ready to push now".

I look at Peeta and smile a bit. He kisses me before I turn to the doctor.

"Okay".

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

So here was another one, I hope you liked it.

Vote and comment please, I would be so happy if you told me what you though of this :)

-Josephine 💋