Chapter 34: Finally hope

Chapter 34

-Finn-

It has been five days. Five freaking days! And Cassidy hasn't woken up yet. I wonder if she's aware of the time ... But I hardly think she is, I mean she's in a stupid and dumb coma for god's sake!

Everyone is here with her from morning to evening. But the only once that doesn't leave her even at night, me and Aunt Felice. Uncle Pollux is still in the Capitol, he doesn't know anything about Cassidy yet, and he can't leave, his tongue must heal properly before he can return home. My mother caught up with Aunt Felice before she got to Pollux which was very lucky.

Aunt Felice is currently out of the room, getting coffee. It's Saturday morning.

I haven't slept and haven't done anything but to sit by Cassidy's side. I have her gentle and soft hand in mine.

"Cassidy, please baby, wake up, you just have to, I don't know if I can live without you in my life, so just please, don't leave me", I cry and kiss her hand back.

The door opens and I turn around in belief that it's Aunt Felice. But it's Charlotte. However, she isn't alone.

I'm filled with hate and anger.

"What are they doing here?" I ask, pointing at Kimmie and the other four.

"They're here because I forced them here", She says with a look of disgust when she looks at them. "They didn't believe me when I told them that Cassidy has been in a coma for five days, now in its sixth".

I put my hand behind Kimmies neck and push her in front of the bed, forcing her to look at Cassidy.

"Just look at her, and it's all your fault", I hiss furiously.

I want to scream at them, but I can't, the doctors has told us not to scream in here.

Kimmie sees Cassidy with wires from everywhere and her face gets pale.

"It ... It ... Wasn't the intention", she says shocked with tears streaming down her eyes.

I snort. I can't look at this fake person, I just can't. None of the others either, they're just as fake as her.

"Go away", I say short and sit down on the chair again.

I close my eyes for a second and try to get some rest at least. I didn't realize how tired I am, so I fall asleep against my own will.

I'm waked up by angry voices.

"You can't, it's too eary, give her a chance", I hear Peeta shout angrily.

I open my eyes and look to see that the room is filled with people.

Aunt Felice is held up by Aunt Katniss and Aunt Julie, my mom is standing behind, holding Aunt Felice back, all four of them are crying. Charlotte is sitting huddled in a corner and bangs her head into the wall while Willow and Hunter tries to get her to stop. Rye and Katie are in the arms of angry Peeta and Uncle Gale, standing in front of Cassidy's doctor.

"You can't, you'll murder her if you do!" Uncle Gale says.

"What's happening?" I ask and everyone looks at me.

"They want to turn off Cassidy's life support", Peeta says quietly to me.

"NO", I roar and jump uf rom the chair. "NO YOU CAN'T DO THAT".

"I'm sorry but we must, Cassidy is not going to wake up again, if she would, she would already be awake, I'm really sorry", the doctor says. "You can say your goodbyes but I have to turn it off".

I cry violently and turn against Cassidy. Her face is so peaceful. Every inch of my body hurts at the thought of me losing her.

"Cassidy, wake up, now you don't have a choice anymore, wake up, I can't lose you, I just can't", I shout, I turn to the others and the doctor. "I can't lose her, you can't do this to us".

Suddenly I feel something warm touching my hand.

"Do what against whom?" I hear a weak and husky voice ask.

I look at Cassidy. She looks at me with her tired and beautiful eyes.

"Cassidy!" I say and everyone looks at her.

"She's woken up, she's woken up!" Willow screams and jumps up and down before throwing herself into Hunter's arms, who carries her up and spins her around the room until they get dizzy and fall over laughing.

Charlotte runs up to to the bed and embraces Cassidy and everyone else is in line. The only one that doesn't get to say hello is me.

But once it's my turn, I don't know what to say. But then I do.

"Cassidy..." I say but she interrupts me.

"Just shut up and kiss me Finn", she says, grabs my shirt, pulls me down and our lips meet.

Finally she kisses me. It's been five days without me feeling life in her lips.

I put my hand behind her neck while the kiss continues.

Once we pull apart, I look her in the eyes.

"Cassidy I love you so much, you can't ever leave me again baby, okay?" I say.

She smiles.

"Okay I got it, and I love you too so much Finn", she says. "I don't want to leave you".

I kiss her again, but we pull apart when I hear exclamations from Willow and Hunter.

"Ugh not again, that's disgusting", Willow shouts.

"Yeah, it looks like you're going to eat each other up", Hunter shouts.

Both of them shudder.

I start laughing. It's the first time I laugh for five whole days and it feel good.

I'm not the only one that laughs though. Everyone else laughs too. How can you not laugh at what Willow and Hunter just said?

"Well, why don't you two try it? Who knows, maybe you might like it", I say and laugh at their faces.

I know that they're nine and seven, but still, it would be fun to see, besides I don't really think that they're going to do it, I mean, just look at their faces right now.

"NO! They won't", Peeta says and everyone laughs at him. "They won't like it at all".

Willow looks at Peeta. She turns to Hunter. She puts her hands on his shoulders and start to lean forward. She kisses him straight on the lips.

Everyone falls silent and looks at them. Peeta looks like he just got a hard slap in his face. I understand him though, I mean it's his daughter after all. His little baby girl. She's in this age where she does everything Peeta doesn't want her to do.

Willow pull away and looks at Peeta. I know she did that just to defy him.

"Hm... not so bad after all, I understand why Mama clings on you all the time Papa", she says and he starts laughing.

Katniss begins to blush and Peeta lets Rye down in Cassidy's arms who starts hugging him.

"Yeah I liked it too", Hunter says and takes Willow's hand in his. "Will is a good kisser".

"Don't get your hopes up though, Hunter", Peeta warns and everyone laughs again.

Just this morning, everything felt hopeless. But now everything is perfect.

Really perfect in fact.

----------------------

Okay so that was another chapter. I hope you liked it :)

Vote and comment to tell me what you guys though :)

-Josephine xx