Chapter 25: Back to school

Chapter 25

-Cassidy-

It's Monday and I'm in school. I walk in the hallway towards my locker. People whispering when I walk by.

My best friend Charlotte jumps in front of me out of nowhere. Just like that!

"Hey Cass", she shouts.

"Hey Char", I say.

Her smile only grows and grows. What's up with her?

Just when I'm about to ask her, Roger and his gangster comes.

Oh no, not again! I think angrily.

Charlotte is afraid of them, so she hides behind me immediately becuause she knows that I'm not afraid of them, in fact I'm the opposide, I'm the only person in our age group and younger, who dares to stand up against them.

They come up to us and look mockingly at us. They'll be commenting on what I did last Friday. I'm sure of that.

But before thay say something I see another person walk towards us.

"Go away", I say to Roger.

"Says who?" He says mockingly.

"Says I", the person says when he comes up to us.

I smile at Finn.

Roger and the others turns around and sees that he's here.

"Farewell", Roger says dramatically before they almost runs away.

I burst out laughing as my eyes fill with tears.

"That just gets funnier and funnier", I laugh. "Right Char?"

She doesn't answer me. I turn around to see if she's even here.

"Char?"

She's standing behind me, looking at Finn with a dreamy expression. I snap my fingers in front of her face and she blinks.

"What?" She asks.

I laugh and shake my head and turn to Finn again.

"Thank you", I say and he starts laughing. I look around and notice that all girls, all of them, younger and older, are giving me death glares. I ignore them and look at Finn again. "Though it won't help next year", I say.

"What?"

"You finish school when summer break comes", I say.

"Oh yeah, right", he says as if the thought just struck him.

He opens his arms to me, and after last Friday when he saved my life, I don't hesitate to walk straight into the opening, and he locks his arms around me.

I lean my head against his chest and sniff in his scent in my nostrils. I feel a faint scent of his cologne. He smells really good. And I gotta admit, he is really good-looking and all, and his ... Wait. STOP! No Cassidy! No what the hell are you thinking? His five years older than you, get that thought out of your head ... like right NOW!

The bell rings and I pull away from Finn.

Now I might as well could be dead ... if looks could kill that is. But I must admit that it's entertaining. Who cares about them anyway? I've grown up with Finn, I've known him since I was born. Even before I was born.

"Bye", I say.

"Bye Cassidy", he says and kisses me on my forehead, before he walks off to his group of friends, to 'the popular group', who stood by and watched us.

I love the way he says my name and I get all warm inside when he kisses my forehead and ...No! Stop it Cassidy! Oh I get so confused because of all of this.

Charlotte starts talking nonsense.

"But ... he, you ... huh? ... he, you ... wha... oh I give up, you seriously give me a headache, Cass".

We start walking to the classroom.

"What? Why?" I ask.

"Just this Thursday you hated him and now you hug him like he's your best friend, that's why", she says

"We are", I say and realize that it's true, I've finally gotten my best friend back. "We were when we where little and now we are again".

"Well on you it looked like..." she says but I interrupt her.

"I'm not in love with him", I protest.

Charlotte stops short.

"I wasn't gonna say that, but you just revealed yourself Cass", she says slyly.

I slap my hand over my mouth and just want to fall through the floor.

Did I just say that? Oh my god! I really don't have a brain.

I avoid looking at Charlotte when I start walking again.

But it's not true! I'm not in love with Finn! How the hell can I be? He's my oldest friend. And moreover he's five years older than me, he sees me as a child.

And even so, when I get older, what would he see in me? I'm not a makeup doll, making myself a fool and really trying to get guys to like me.

Why would he like me when he has girls hanging around him every single day of the week?

Now that I think about it, I get angry. Why do they hang after him all the time? He hasn't exactly ask for it. Can't they just leave him alone? Just because he's hot and popular doesn't mean they have to behave like animals when he walks by or hate me just becasue he hugs me. And also...

Oh no, oh my god ... I'm five years younger than him, but still, I think I'm starting to fall in love with Finn Odair.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Okay another chapter done! Hehe hope you guys like it :D

But please vote and comment what you thought while you where reading it :D

-Josephine 💋