"World So Cold" (Falling Skie...

By Explosionss

They came without warning , destroyed everything in their path and wiped off most of humanity. But 2 years la... More

Chapter One : "Danger Lurking"
Chapter Two : "Danger Lurking pt.2"
Chapter Three : "Safe & Sound"
Chapter Four : "Damaged"
Chapter Five : "Different"
Chapter Six : "Hide, Seek, and then Reveal"
Chapter Seven : "Walking on tight ropes"
Chapter Eight : "Walking on tight ropes pt.2"
Chapter Nine : "Uncertain"
Chapter Ten : "Haunted"
Soundtracks :))
Chapter Eleven : "Sudden Attacks"
Chapter Twelve : "Acts of Courage"
Just a little word ....
Chapter Thirteen : "Losing Reality"
Chapter Fourteen : "Lost"
Chapter Fifteen : "Old friends ..... New enemies"
just an update ... or a note idk :)
Chapter Sixteen : "Reunited"
Chapter Seventeen : "Long Haul"
Chapter Eighteen : "Homecoming"
Chapter Nineteen : "Heart Monitor"
Chapter Twenty : "Fright Night"
Chapter Twenty One : "Aftermath"
Chapter Twenty Two: "Liberty Tree"
Author's note.
Chapter Twenty Three : "High Hopes"
Chapter Twenty Five: "Locked Up"
Chapter Twenty Six : "Taken Away"
Bump! - sorry : /
Chapter Twenty Seven : "Inside Karen's Lair .."
Chapter Twenty Eight : "If I Lose Myself"
Chapter Twenty Nine : "Jacksonville"
Chapter Thirty : "Chasing Hybrids"
Chapter Thirty One : "Under Influence"
Chapter Thirty Two : "Resurface"
Chapter Thirty Three : "The Mason Reunion"
Chapter Thirty Four : "Father and Son"
Chapter Thirty Five : "Lourdes"
Author's Note :) not an update ..
Chapter Thirty Six : "Whack a' Mole"
Chapter Thirty Seven : "Maggie's Last Lullaby"
Chapter Thirty Eight : "Grid"
Chapter Thirty Nine : "Leaving Charleston"
Less than 5 chapters left ^.^
Chapter Fourty : "Calm Before The Storm"
Chapter Fourty One : "Knock 'em Down"
Chapter Fourty Two : "True Colors"
Chapter Fourty Three : "The Mighty Fall"
Chapter Fourty Four : "Battlecry" (Finale)

Chapter Twenty Four : "Little bundle of Joy"

372 7 0
By Explosionss

   This is the longest Benny / Beni chapter yet :) so make sure you read it !! :)

    And don't you just love the Masons? One just had a baby and another one is already going through the risk of making one ? :)

==================================================================

 Things have gone slightly lighter with Alexis around. I saw Dad is always happy despite all the issues the whole city of Charleston is going through.

 I guess that's the effect a baby can cause. Everyone is just so happy that she's around. She's a reminder that everything will be okay. Even Matt has been affected , instead of hanging out with his friends and then blowing up buildings , he decided to help Anne look after our sister. I would too , but my schedule is different. Especially right now that we're still on the recovery stage after that attack.

 The remaining rebel skitters are still debating as to who should replace Murich. I can't believe it's been a week since that night. I seriously thought that was it , no making it alive 'till the morning but thankfully the Volm came to the rescue and suddenly we now owe our lives to them.

 Hal revealed to me yesterday that Karen might be using him , he wants to tell Dad but he doesn't want to spoil his happiness. I expressed my support to him , I also said that I'll keep an eye on him myself to see if he will do anything that's abnormal.

 It was mid morning , and people of Charleston are going to their daily work. I decided to check on Deni and the others on the skitter camp. I would like to have a talk with Nick too , we've both been pretty busy these days and it will be really cool to have a down time.

 The hybrid thing is actually getting to all de-harnessed kids , we're all feeling that strangeness , we can feel the change coming. Harry always told me not to be afraid because it just means we're getting stronger but I can't help it. As I complete each stage of the process , I'm moving one step further from being a human.

 "Hi Deni!" I called out as soon as I got into their entrance.

 "Benji" she said , smiled and then walked to me.

 "How's my favorite girl?" I asked her and she pinched my nose. "Still the same" I said afterwards and she laughed at me. We then started to walk inside the building.

 "Nice place" I said as I was looking around. The de-harnessed kids were at the first floor while the skitters inhabit the 2nd floor. "It got beds" she then said to me.

 "Did you slept again?"

 "Not yet" she suddenly said and sat at one of the vacant beds with clean sheets. "How are you feeling?" she asked me.

 "Weird as always. You?"

 "The same . I'm scared Benji" Deni said and then I sat beside her and held her hands. "There's no need to be scared of Deni, I'm always here" I said and then she hugged me.

 "I know" she then replied. All the other de-harnessed kids went to the forest and near a small lake where they did some 'skinny dipping' according to Deni. As much as I want them to be alert for the Espheni coming in any time soon , I can't deprive them their happiness. I just hope that they are aware of what's happening and all the events that will soon come.

 "Wanna walk back to camp?" I whispered to her. "Yeah. I'm starving , I haven't eaten in 2 days" she then said and we both got up and walked back to the camp.

===============================================================

Deni's P.O.V

 When we got back to the camp , Ben said he'll just meet me at the cafeteria since he's going to check on Hal. I agreed and went to the cafeteria , only to find out from Jeanne that Taylor was one of the casualties from that night.

 That's why I haven't seen her talking to him  the whole week. "Hey" Ben said as soon as he sat beside my chair.

 "What do they have for lunch?"

 "Veggie Salad and some asparagus with pork bits .. I think" I said to him and the he got up to get his food.

 A few minutes later , I decided to tell him what happened to Taylor. "I already knew that" he then said afterwards.

 "Oh you do? Okay" I said and then continued eating.

 "I'm scared that something like that will happen again with us knowing it" he then said afterwards. "Me too , but one things is sure Benji , we're gonna make it through no matter what" I said to him and then he smiled.

 I'm willing to protect him from anything else, even Karen.

==============================================================

 I can't help but feel sad about Taylor's death , she's been a good friend. After eating breakfast , we decided to visit Anne and Lexi on the clinic only to find Dad and Matt are there too.

 "Are we having a family reunion?" I asked as I entered the clinic. They just laughed a bit , I looked at baby Lexi and saw her very happy face. I don't know why , but I'm afraid of holding babies , maybe the fear of crushing them is the cause of it.

 I was looking at her eyes and suddenly , I felt my spikes glow. I looked to Deni and saw that hers was glowing too. "What's happening Ben?" Dad asked.

 "I don't know" I said.

 "We need to check back to the camp Benji" Deni said and then I looked at Dad , he nodded and then we ran back to the camp.

 When we got there , I saw Nick, Harry, Megan and the others are back. "Guys did you feel that?" Deni asked them.

 "We did" Nick said and looked at us.

 Suddenly , one of the rebels name Arion walked out and he connected himself through Megan. "I know all of you felt that strong force" he said through her.

 "Where did it came from?" Harry asked.

 "We don't know yet. But it most definitely came from an Espheni" he said. I looked at Deni , the enemy is just near us.

 "Prepare for what might happen" I said.

 "Indeed Ben. We don't know where the mysterious force is located that's it's very crucial to stay alert and open minded"

 "Should we tell my Dad about this?" I asked him.

 "We will soon do that Ben , but now my men and I must first construct a series of possible theories in order to prepare counter movement" he then said to me. Then suddenly someone knocked at the door and when we looked at who it is , it's Dr. Delgado .. it's Lourdes.

============================================================

Deni's P.O.V

 "Am I interrupting?" Lourdes asked while smiling at us. I looked to Arion and saw that his reaction changed , it seemed like he's puzzled by Lourdes.

 "Not at all" Nick said and then smiled at her. It's very obvious that he has a crush on her , he just falls 'weak in the knees' most of the time that's why he never had the courage to talk to her.

 "Great. So I already figured out the de-spiking machine , is it okay for all of you to come to the clinic to check it out?" she asked

 I looked at Arion and he nodded , he knows that if we do the de-spiking , there's no medium that will be left. I grabbed Ben's hand as we walked to the camp.

 I know he's nervous about it. I just wish I could change his mind.

========================================================

 When we arrived to the clinic , she quickly showed the x-ray of one of us. It shows all the membranes of all the spikes left.

 "This machine will remove all the membranes that are left here. It will leave no side effects" she then said as she's pointing to it.

 "Are you sure?" Nick asked.

 "That's how it's supposed to work. I know that some of you may have been used to living with the spikes because of all the benefits it gives. But we suspect that it posts some serious health hazards" Lourdes said.

 "Such as what?"

 "I made some studies and by looking at this x-ray. You can see the membranes pushing down the spine which I think also affects the stem cell growth. Which can lessen your life span".

 "That's okay. It's not like life spans are really long these days" I said and then Deni elbowed me. "Wait, does that mean I'm gonna need my glasses again afterwards?" Deni asked Lourdes.

 "If you wore them before then yes".

 "And my inhaler?" I then asked.

 "Yes" Lourdes said and then added "You still have to time to think about it. We're just gonna finish setting this up and then you can go through it".

 I'm not sure if I should , I looked to Deni and she said "Come on Benji , it's gonna be so much better". I've been doing some thinking , this is the only way to stop me from being a full hybrid. And I'm sure that's also one of the reasons Deni wants to do it.

 "Count me in" I said and then Lourdes smiled.

 After the meeting in the clinic , Deni and the others went back to the camp while I went to check on Hal. He and Maggie are going through a phase right now with all the 'spy' issue going on.

 "Are you sure you're gonna do it?" I asked him as soon as I entered their room. Maggie is out in Popetown helping Tector with some gun stuff.

 "I have to do it Ben. I'm not even sure if that's all I did. For all I know , I could have been the one that killed Col. Porter or even worst , I could have been the one putting eye bugs on Diego and other people here" he said while pacing back and forth

 "When are you planning to tell?"

 "Tomorrow" Hal said and then looked at me.

=========================================================

Deni's P.O.V

 A few hours later , the darkness finally crawled in. I went back to camp to check on Ben and I saw him sitting at the top of the diner building. I decided to go there and talk to him , I know he's scared of the de-spiking.

 "You're scared of it right?" I asked and then sat beside him.

 "Yeah"

 "Why?"

 "As bad and wrong as they are , the spikes let me do good things. I can do things that almost all people here in Charleston can't. I feel powerful , I feel needed" he said and then looked at me.

 "But Lourdes said it causes some serious health hazards. Just think of all the good things it will being"

 "You're right. No more staying up for weeks" he then said

 "No more skitter vision" I replied

 "No more translating for them" Benji then said afterwards

 "No more special strength" I replied and added "We won't be freaks anymore".

 "But we'll have none of the promise of being needed" Benji replied and then looked at me. "You're not gonna have it taken out?" I asked.

 "At this moment , I think I don't want to"

 "Even if it means you'll only live to be 20?"

 "It's worth the sacrifice Deni" he then said and looked at the stars. I looked at them but now I get a different feeling than I do before. 3 years ago , whenever I look at the stars , I feel relieved , at peace. But now , I just feel a bit sad.

 "But I do like you with glasses" he then said afterwards

 "Liar" I said and then smiled at him. Benji then leaned in and kissed me on the lips.

========================================================

 We were kissing for a few moments now. I'm feeling each second , and I'm loving everything about it. We both stood up and backed away from the edge , hiding ourselves from all the people beneath.

 Each kiss becomes more and more passionate , more and more deeper. I feel our spikes glowing , I pulled away for a second and looked at her. Her eyes are red too , I have this feeling in the pit of my stomach , I looked to her and I knew she's feeling the same way.

 We jumped off the building and went straight to my room inside the camp. I pulled a chair against the door so we'll know if anyone's coming. both of us undressed ourselves and then laid on the soft bed.

 I was kissing her and touching her , but I'm making sure I'm being careful and I'm doing it right. It's imperative to do it right , it's our first time.

 "Are you sure about this?" I whispered in her ear and she nodded so I proceeded. After more moments of just caressing each other. I slowly entered her , it's gonna hurt but I'm doing my best for her to feel the slightest pain.

 With every grind and thrust , our bodies are like melting to each other .. we're becoming one .. she owns me .. I own her.

 Several minutes have passed and we both reached our highs. I laid there next to her , we're both catching our breath.

 "How are you?" I asked her.

 "I'm fine Benji" she said and then cuddled up in my arms.

 I think an hour have passed and I finally realized what Nick is talking about. I was able to push about 98% of my thoughts out of my head. He's talking about peace of mind and the clarity that comes with it.

 I looked at Deni and saw that she finally fell asleep , she's getting the hang of the new 'sleep thing' that we should do. I felt the feeling of sleepiness coming in , I'm feeling my eyes go shut.

 The next thing I knew is Deni waking me up. "Wake up Benji" she said and when I opened my eyes, she's still in my arms. Then I smiled at her and kissed her forehead.

 "How was your sleep?" she then asked.

 "It's life changing" I said and then she laughed a bit.

 "How was last night?" I joked on her.

 "Also life changing" she said and laughed at me. Suddenly the door flew open , I was so concentrated on Deni last night that I haven't even noticed that the chair didn't even touched the door , actually it's a bit far from the door.

 It's Dad and I aw how shocked he is when he came in , "What the hell Ben?" he said looking at me. Then my heart started beating really really fast.

=================================================================

 That's it :) please tell me what you think :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 98 8
Falling Skies Epilogue --- The war is over, the Skitters gone, the Masons rule over the world. That not only causes anger from some survivors, but r...
7.8K 110 23
Luna Fides, daughter to Rose Fides who has been hiding and burying herself in work so she wouldn't have to face the questions of what they are to her...
768K 20.5K 103
๐„๐ฏ๐ž๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฆ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐š๐ฅ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ฌ ๐œ๐š๐ง ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ฌ๐ž๐ช๐ฎ๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ฌ Riley Winters knew noth...
143K 2.5K 23
Born months before WW1 Alexis had a hard life since her mother died giving birth to her leaving her to be raised by her father. When she was 16 she a...