"World So Cold" (Falling Skie...

Por Explosionss

They came without warning , destroyed everything in their path and wiped off most of humanity. But 2 years la... Mais

Chapter One : "Danger Lurking"
Chapter Two : "Danger Lurking pt.2"
Chapter Three : "Safe & Sound"
Chapter Four : "Damaged"
Chapter Five : "Different"
Chapter Six : "Hide, Seek, and then Reveal"
Chapter Seven : "Walking on tight ropes"
Chapter Eight : "Walking on tight ropes pt.2"
Chapter Nine : "Uncertain"
Chapter Ten : "Haunted"
Soundtracks :))
Chapter Eleven : "Sudden Attacks"
Chapter Twelve : "Acts of Courage"
Just a little word ....
Chapter Thirteen : "Losing Reality"
Chapter Fourteen : "Lost"
Chapter Fifteen : "Old friends ..... New enemies"
just an update ... or a note idk :)
Chapter Sixteen : "Reunited"
Chapter Seventeen : "Long Haul"
Chapter Eighteen : "Homecoming"
Chapter Twenty : "Fright Night"
Chapter Twenty One : "Aftermath"
Chapter Twenty Two: "Liberty Tree"
Author's note.
Chapter Twenty Three : "High Hopes"
Chapter Twenty Four : "Little bundle of Joy"
Chapter Twenty Five: "Locked Up"
Chapter Twenty Six : "Taken Away"
Bump! - sorry : /
Chapter Twenty Seven : "Inside Karen's Lair .."
Chapter Twenty Eight : "If I Lose Myself"
Chapter Twenty Nine : "Jacksonville"
Chapter Thirty : "Chasing Hybrids"
Chapter Thirty One : "Under Influence"
Chapter Thirty Two : "Resurface"
Chapter Thirty Three : "The Mason Reunion"
Chapter Thirty Four : "Father and Son"
Chapter Thirty Five : "Lourdes"
Author's Note :) not an update ..
Chapter Thirty Six : "Whack a' Mole"
Chapter Thirty Seven : "Maggie's Last Lullaby"
Chapter Thirty Eight : "Grid"
Chapter Thirty Nine : "Leaving Charleston"
Less than 5 chapters left ^.^
Chapter Fourty : "Calm Before The Storm"
Chapter Fourty One : "Knock 'em Down"
Chapter Fourty Two : "True Colors"
Chapter Fourty Three : "The Mighty Fall"
Chapter Fourty Four : "Battlecry" (Finale)

Chapter Nineteen : "Heart Monitor"

341 9 2
Por Explosionss

 This is a Beni/Benny chapter people :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 After a game of monopoly with Matt and Hal, Dad asked me to go to his office. "Dad?" I asked as soon as I entered the room , I saw him talking to Anne and Lourdes about something.

 "Ben" Lourdes said and then smiled at me. Dad ordered me to sit for a minute and they're just talking about something important. I overheard what they're talking about and it's Jordan. Karen got him and that there's a clone roaming the streets of Charleston. Then after a few minutes , Lourdes left but Anne stayed and continued reading some papers.

 "Ben" Dad called and then I got and sat on the chair in front of him.

 "I'm happy you're back" he said, smiling at me.

"I'm happy too" I said and then smiled back.

 "So Nick's alive huh? how did it happen?"

 "He said that a group of survivors , a different resistance unit found and rescued him. They ended up living in Texas , then after several months he met Red eye and Rick and convinced him to join the fight and so he did."

 "I see . He looks so different now"

 "He's turned into a buff" I said and while looking at him.

 "Ben ... I've decided that you're relieved from duty until further notice" he said. What? he's removing me again?

 "Why??" I asked.

 "Lower your voice down" he commanded and then added "You almost died in this mission Ben. I'm not putting you into danger anytime soon".

 "But Dad , we're in danger as long as the aliens are here"

 "I know , but at least I know that you're a lot safer than before" he said and then stood up. "But I can protect myself! I can do things most of the soldiers can't!" I tried to reason with him.

 "Yes. But you're also 16" he then said and looked to me.

 "What's the deal with that? I thought age counting is over?" I asked him.

 "I know, but I'm bringing it back this time" he said. I know I would't get out of it that's why I just didn't say anything at all. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to do anything , I'll still help in my own way. I'm doing this my own way.

 "You can leave now" he said and then I stood up and went out of that room. I was walking towards the main entrance when Taylor walked towards me. "Hey Ben!" she called out as she's coming in.

..............................................................................................................................................................................

Deni's P.O.V

 I was just outside my tent cleaning up my bed since it's all dusty and stuff. Nick taught us how to get some sleep , but sadly my energy isn't going down anytime soon that's why I have to wait it out for a few more days.

 "Hey Deni" I turned around and saw Harry standing behind me.

 "HI" I said.

 "Cleaning up your tent .. just like the old days" he said and then sat at one of the huge stones on the side.

 "Yeah .. life goes on but we're still kids" I said and then smiled at him. "Yeah" he said and then after a few moments , he added "I might have to go do some work now. Have a good day Deni".

 "Have a good one" I replied to him but before he could completely walk away he told me something.

 "You look extra pretty today" he said and then smiled.

 "You brits and your impeccable humor" I replied to him and he just laughed. After a few minutes, I decided to find Benji and ask him about the postponed attack. When I got inside the building , I looked around for several minutes and I finally saw him at the cafeteria talking to Taylor, again.

 The weird feeling that I had before was back again , I don't like Taylor at all. I looked at Ben's face and saw he's smiling at her and he seemed like he's having a good time with her. I can't stand it any longer that's why I just turned around and left.

........................................................................................................................................................................

 "I'm glad you're alive" Taylor said , smiling at me.

 "Thanks" I replied and smiled back. I hope she don't get the impression that I like her more than a friend because I don't. I know she's trying to flirt with me and even though I'm not showing any interest on her subtle moves , she just kept continuing.

 "So tell me more about what happened?" she said and then I accidentally looked at the cafeteria door and saw Deni's back , she's starting walk.

 "Wait a sec." I told Taylor and then walked fast , when I got out of the cafeteria , she was already just a few feet away from the entrance. What's with her now?.

 I just sighed and then went back to the cafeteria , Taylor left too. "Girls ... " I thought to myself , I decided to just go back to my room when Nick called out my name.

 "Aye Ben!" he shouted and then I turned around. "What?" I asked him.

 "Nothing , I'm just amazed of how huge this place is" he said while we're walking. "It's a former mall" I said to him.

 "Obvious Ben" he said and then pointed at Lourdes. "Who is she?" he asked. "That's Lourdes , she's been with us since the second mass"

 "She's kinda cute"

 "She's 20 Nick , just saying"

 "I'm 16 .. she's 20 .. age difference is not that far Ben. And speaking of girls , saw Deni walking outside looking pretty pissed"

 "Did you talked to her?"

 "No. It's very obvious that she's in a bad mood. She just walked straight back to the skitter camp" Nick then said and started walking faster.

 "Alright Ben , see you later" he said and then ran towards the armory.

.......................................................................................................................................................................

Deni's P.O.V

 What am I thinking? and why the hell am I feeling like this?. I should have known that Ben would fall for someone like Taylor. She's like very pretty and I'm nothing but his partner.

 I went back to my tent and just threw myself in the bed , and started to think non-stop again.

.........................................................................................................................................................................

 Deni's been avoiding me the whole day , it's like that time when we first kissed. It's past 9:00 pm and I was still looking for her outside. After several minutes , I finally located where she is. She's at the top of that building we usually go to.

 "Looks like someone's not in the mood" I said as soon as I got near her.

 "What are you doing here Ben?" she asked.

 "You've been avoiding me the whole day , what's the problem?".

 "It's nothing. I'm not just feeling great" she said and then tried to smile at me and stood up. "Please talk to me Deni".

 "What are we gonna talk about?"

 "Why you're acting like this?" I asked and she was already about to jump from the building , but then she took a step back and she faced me.

 "Do you really wanna know Ben?" she asked and came nearer.

 "Yes. I'm not Sherlock , I've been thinking all day as to why my partner is avoiding me" I told her, looking straight into her eyes.

 "I saw you talking to Taylor"

 "And so?"

 "I realized that I can't stand it when you're talking to her"

 "She's just being friendly, Deni" I said and then she turned her back on me and started walking while looking out to the horizon.

 "Do you still remember that kiss?" she asked and then turned to me again.

 "Yes. But you said that we should never speak of it and just forget it"

 "Well I can't do it Ben?!! . I thought at first that it's just a stupid kiss , I tried to go on everyday like nothing happened. But I can't remove you from my head" she said , her voice is cracking and she's tearing up. I walked to her but she told me to back off.

 "I know that you know I feel something for you. But you've been shutting me out these past months" I told her. It's really confusing , I really want her but she's not responding to my gestures and now I just found out that she can't stop thinking about me since that kiss.

 "You're right Ben, I'm shutting you out. I guess it's better if I just ask Col. Weaver to reassign me with someone else"

 "Why Deni?"

 "Because I can't be too attached to you anymore!!"

 "Why are you trying to shut me out?"

 " All these months I've been trying to keep our relationship to as just friends, but as each day pass by , I can't fight it anymore" she said. I started to walk to her again , she didn't told me to back off.

 "Fine .. you're trying to keep our friendship alive. But why are you so scared to make it more than that? Deni , you and I felt that connection. We feel the same for each other , why are you so afraid to take this to the next level?"

 "I don't know ... maybe because people these days have a bad habit of just dying suddenly. Ever since the aliens came , I tried to shield my heart , I tried to feel as little emotion as I could."

 "You know they can't kill me easily" I told her and held her hands and put it in my chest. "Can you feel that? That strong heartbeat?" I asked her but she then pulled her hand away from me.

 "You don't get it do you?. I was doing good in bottling up my emotions , but then you came. At first , I thought we're just gonna be friends and nothing more. But since that kiss, since that connection , my feelings just grew stronger"

 "Don't be afraid Deni. I'll be here for you okay? I will never leave you" I said , trying to comfort her. "This whole partner thing is a bad idea" she said.

 "No it's not"

 "Yes it is"

 "No"

 "Shut up Deni"

 "No Ben"

 "Shut up" I said but she kept saying Negative things. "I said shut up" I told her and then kissed her to stop her from talking. I can feel our spikes glow and the connection between us.

 Her soft lips , her body against mine. I can feel her starting to calm down. "I'm gonna stay Deni" I told her and then hugged her tight.

 She didn't say anything, she just looked at me in the eyes. I was wiping the tears of her face. "I love you" I told her and then kissed her forehead.

 After several minutes she was able to calm down and I walked her back to the skitter camp where she decided she'll need time to be alone and I respect that so I just made way inside the building.

 "Matt? you're still awake?" I asked while knocking on his door.

 "Yes Suckerfish" he said and then I entered. "Ready for secound round of Monopoly?" I asked him, "I'll beat you this time" he said and then got up to get the board.

 As soon as she put it on the bed , the ground started shaking. "Earthquake?" Matt asked. "Cover your head!" I told him. After a few more seconds , it stopped and I run to Matt. "Are you okay?" I asked him.

 "Yeah" he replied. Then all the lights went out and we started hearing explosions from the outside. "Hide under the bed Matt , don't come out until I come back" I told him.

 "But where are you going?" he asked.

 "I'll just check outside. Feel the cabinet , there's a flashlight in there" I said and then gave him a hug , got up and left the room to investigate what is happening.

=======================================================================

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

43.5K 3K 50
Ellen knew the future of humanity was uncertain and if the remaining human's wouldn't put aside their hatred for the intruders, all would be lost... ...
1.8K 98 8
Falling Skies Epilogue --- The war is over, the Skitters gone, the Masons rule over the world. That not only causes anger from some survivors, but r...
769K 20.5K 103
𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬 Riley Winters knew noth...
4.9K 129 28
Ben Mason is a survivor , the second son of Tom Mason, the most important person in this whole revolution against the aliens. Ben is angry, and he...