The Boy with Bad Habits

By blackcatbri

[Warning: this book contains SEXUAL content, crude language, drug use & abusive scenarios. If you aren't matu... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 39

3.9K 173 19
By blackcatbri

The day dragged on. Willow talked to me sometime but kept her distance in fear of 'embarrasing' me. Thankfully, I had no further run-ins with blondie. Everyone sent atleast one look my way, which was expected.

Unfortunately, first block was the only block I had with Willow. To add onto it, Antonio and Alyssa were in none of my A-day classes. Finally lunch came which meant I'd either have to deal with Marcus or Geena.

Our class had third lunch, my stomach growled immensely. As I walked, I took note of people pouring in like ants and clogging up the lunch line.

"Great," I muttered sarcastically.

Up ahead I noticed Marcus' hand wave in my direction. "Ace, over here!"

The cafeteria had gotten louder in just a few minutes. No one dared shoving me as I cut through the lunch line. I could basically see the top of everyone's head except for a handful of guys.

It took a lot of pulling through tight areas to get to him, but his smile only grew when he noticed I made it in time.

"I see you're enjoying the third lunch of the day."

I scoffed, "Yup, waiting in line only to recieve a pile of shit on my tray in an over populated school. That's one for the record books."

He managed to laugh just barely. "Was it like this at your old school."

"Yeah, but then again what can you expect in New York. Plus there was a lot more diversity than..."

He finished me off, "A bunch of snobby, rich white kids?"

I agreed with a head nod and he gave a genuine laugh, "You know, it's not everyday I find someone who realizes that. I can't help but wonder what your ethnicity is though."

"Italian, but I'm not an exchange student."

The line moved up, "An Italian New Yorker, quite the combination if you ask me," he shook his head smiling.

"Ever thought about joining the basketball team?"

I looked in his grey eyes to see if he was serious. Me, playing basketball?

"Can't say I've thought about it. My schedule's always full," what I said was half way true. Despite basketball never crossing my mind, I never had a schedule, it'd always be open for Willow or kickin' it with Antonio if the time ever called for it.

Marcus look surprised, "Never? I'm the captain and I can pull a few strings for you if you're any good. I'm sure with time after school you could be this school's Paul Gasol or something like that."

"Not a Jordan?"

Gesturing up and down his body, "You're looking at him my friend."

That time I laughed for the first time that day. "What ever you say."

Ofcourse I didn't want to come within 100 feet of this place but Marcus and Willow made it a lot easier to withstand.

"I heard about this morning."

My smile faulterd visibly, great he's probably blondie's best friend and is going to threaten me never to-

"All power to you man. Blake can be a little persistant on provoking people."

So Blake Carson is the blonde bastard's name.

"He didn't intimidate me, just was a constant nussance the whole portion of my morning," I said as though we were discussing the weather.

Marcus chuckled, then faced the lunch lady and asked for a burger and fries. The temperature was rising, irritating me.

We rounded to the cashier. Marcus payed after typing in his lunch number.
I didn't know mine.

I looked down to A gray haired lady with a large face and ruined eyeliner from sweating and took up nearly all of the room of her area she was working with. She gesticulated me to type in my number.

"I wasn't given my number ma'am."

The hag rolled her eyes, "You will recieve one later today by the office. Until then, put the tray back."

Marcus's backed turned, "Come on Linda, let him slide. Here I'll put in my number."

She firmly snatched his wrist, "You've done that several times before for the young ladies coming through here. This time I'm putting my foot down."

Marcus rolled his eyes rubbing his wrist, "Fine. I'll just get doubles on my tray and share with him. Put that on my damn account." He started to get extremely agitated which was a new sight considering I'd always seen him with a broad smile.

Ten minutes later, we got through the God forsaken procedures after Linda told Marcus to watch his mouth. He ignored her and put his food on my tray.

"Thanks Marc, you didn't have to do that."

His familiar smile ghosted upon his lips, "It's nothing. I've got like a hundred dollars on my account to last the whole year and then some."

I nodded, "Smart move."

A perky brunette wrapped her arm around his shoulder, "Hey Marky, lookin' fine as always," she purred in a tight mid thigh purple dress with open toe heels and nice glowing legs.

"I can agree with that London," he sent a cocky smirk her way giving a leisure scan of her body.

I felt like I was intruding and noticed Alyssa across the room with Tony and some other guy. Willow was only a few tables away, alone. Taking advantage, I took long strides to Willow so she could atleast sit with Tony, Alyssa, and I.

Warmth met my shoulder and I found Marc's hand there, "Where are you going," he asked. The long legged girl sewed to his hip flirtaciously.

"To sit with some old friends. Wanna join?"

His eyebrows drew together, "Who?"

I pointed at Willow, "That girl over there," then pointed to the duo, "And that couple standing up to the right."

Marcus's face turned grim, "I'd join but I think it'd be better that girl stayed where she is."

That time my eyebrows rose questioningly, "Why?"

"Why don't you ask her why everyone in this school despises the wench," My ears perked up at when he spoke sounding disgusted.

I frowned, "I happen to know that girl personally and think it'd be best you not call her that."

Marcus rolled his eyes, then London spoke up. "It's true you know. Someone like her will ruin whatever street cred you got. She's a two faced bitch if you ask me."

Each one of my eyes turned to slits, "Shut the hell up."

It irritated me beyond words when they talked so badly about an amazing girl who's done nothing but good for me.

"Screw you asshole," she detached herself from Marcus and swayed her hips while walking away obnoxiously scandalous.

Marcus launched his hands up then slapped them to his sides, "What the fuck man, my efforts have been ruined because of you."

"No one should have the right to talk like that about someone whose done nothing wrong."

Crease lines formed in his forehead, "I wouldn't be so sure about that Ace. Learn the entire story first before joinng the wrong side." His feet faced the direction London went. "Tell Tony I said hey when you see him. Unfortunately, I have to salvage my small window of oppurtunity with London."

He didn't react defensively the way I'd expected. Just shook his head disappointedly about the matter and walked off.

How could one person be hated so much by the entire school?

My eyes shot up to the clock and noticed I had ten minutes until lunch would be over and my food was already cold.

Ten minutes to find out what the hell was going on...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12 0 4
*full available on Amazon. Free in KU.* Can you believe in someone who can't believe in himself? Maybe... Maybe I just wanted to get through Year 12...
540K 15.1K 55
Finished; September 13th 2019 #10 abuse #10 teenfiction #8 stepdad #6 hope #3 badboys #3 broken #1 escape #1 goodgirl #1 hate #1 stepbrother...
82.2K 3.6K 31
[Completed] ManxBoy ~ What if you have died but gotten a Second Chance? This is a story of an orphan boy who has been tossed around, used and br...
16.2K 466 24
**This book is not for ages under 18** Have you ever been so addicted to someone, that you don't know how you ever lived your life without them? Whe...