A Drunken Mistake

Autorstwa xxborntostandoutxx

Katy Taylor is that girl you see walking down the corridor, head hanged low, trying desperatley not to draw a... Więcej

A Drunken Mistake - Katys Prologue
A Drunken Mistake - Dylan's Prologue
A Drunken Mistake - 'I need to find whoever drew this picture.'
A Drunken Mistake - 'a feeling in my gut that something amazing just started.'
A Drunken Mistake - 'It has to be some kind of joke.'
A Drunken Mistake - 'I'm not going to rush her; I'm going to fix her.'
A Drunken Mistake - Its ok, my secrets safe, and now no one will figure it out.
A Drunken Mistake - I guess this is what loves feels like
A Drunken Mistake - Sending My Heart Soaring Once Again
A Drunken Mistake - I promise mum, I'll look after it for you.
A Drunken Mistake - "a perfect end to a perfect date"
A Drunken Mistake - Mummy, I'm so sorry
A Drunken Mistake - Oh S**t!
A Drunken Mistake - I could never bear the thought of losing her
A Drunken Mistake - "I will never forget you lot, never!"
A Drunken Mistake - ... I will find her again.
A Drunken Mistake - I've found her
A Drunken Mistake - ...I know I could stay here forever
A Drunken Mistake - "We're home bitches!"
A Drunken Mistake - ... I can't lose her again.
A Drunken Mistake - I'm slowly going to die here.
A Drunken Mistake - I also want him to remember me
A Drunken Mistake - But I have this feeling it's meant to stop beating now
A Drunken Mistake - Oh. My. Baby
A Drunken Mistake - Here comes story time...
A Drunken Mistake - "You're coming home."
A Drunken Mistake - I don't think anything can spoil this moment
A Drunken Mistake - ...I honestly can't wait until it's my turn.
A Drunken Mistake - And all that will be worth the pain we're suffering now.
A Drunken Mistake - ...the one I will hang onto forever.
A Drunken Mistake - This isn't going to go well...
A Drunken Mistake- "Miss me princess..."
A Drunken Mistake - "I'm sorry Katy,"
A Drunken Mistake - I don't want to lose her again.
A Drunken Mistake - She's my rock.
A Drunken Mistake - And I will retrieve it.
A Drunken Mistake - Time to find out the whole truth.
A Drunken Mistake - I love you too.
A Drunken Mistake - Dear Katy
A Drunken Mistake - "Will you marry me?"
A Drunken Mistake - "The suitcase can wait."
A Drunken Mistake - I can't wait to meet them.
A Drunken Mistake - "Holy S**t"
A Drunken Mistake - Here we go.
A Drunken Mistake - I have never felt so content.
A Drunken Mistake - Yeah. We are.
A Drunken Mistake - Here's to the future.

A Drunken Mistake - "from the monsters"

3.9K 141 5
Autorstwa xxborntostandoutxx

Okay next chapter done 

Kinda getting an idea in my head where this stroy is going, hopefully...

Please comment and vote, let me know what you think 

Thanks 

Enjoy  <3

 'Holding people away from you, and denying yourself love, that doesn't make you strong. If anything, it makes you weaker. Because you're doing it out of fear.'

Dylan’s POV

I can’t believe she would do that to me, use my own life against me. What did I do? Did I offend her, or make her feel uncomfortable, did I get too close?

I’m might never know the truth, it’s clear she doesn’t want to talk to me no more and I might just have to accept that, move on with my life.

But for some reason, I just can’t.

Thoughts of her won’t leave my brain, from her deep bluey grey eyes to her beautiful smile, it’s imprinted in there and I have a strong feeling they’ll never leave.

She’ll always be on my mind.

I can’t just leave it at that, I can’t accept that I might never talk to her again, never get to see her smile or to make her laugh.  I have to change her mind.

And I know exactly how to do; this one I swear is better than my last plan.

I’m going to follow her home, that’s clearly where it all starts. Her life is worse than mine, ten times worse if the bruises and scars are anything to go by. She may be getting physically abused for all I know, she may need my help.

School rolls around and Katy ignores me all day. She doesn’t eat lunch with me, doesn’t talk to me in art, and doesn’t even acknowledge that I’m alive. She blanks me the whole day.

But that doesn’t matter, I’m going to find out what’s wrong now, my plan is in motion.

I leave my car in the car park, I know it’ll give my cover away and start to follow far behind her.

I can admit I feel slightly stalkerish but I need to do this, I need to know what’s wrong.

She takes her time, slowly strolling in the breeze, completely lost in her own thoughts. It’s a wonder she doesn’t walk into a tree or a lamppost.

After half an hour, she stops outside a little dingy house, staring at it reluctantly before sighing and entering the house.

Now’s my shot. I run to the nearest window, peering in slightly but not too much that they can see me, I can hear it all too.

“Is that you again Katy?” a thin blond woman asks, swaying drunkenly into the room.

“Oh it is you, why haven’t you left yet?”

Katy doesn’t speak, just stands there looking at her feet.  She’s scared; I can tell by her hunched shoulders and drooped head, it’s a look I’ve pretty much mastered. 

“Oh, you have nothing to say for yourself anymore. Little Katy got scared again. Aw look at the little baby.” The blond woman coos, pinching Katy’s cheeks.

She goes to swat away her hands clearly not wanting the woman to touch her.

“How dare you go to touch me, you have no right.” The woman now seethes raising one of her dainty little hands and swishing it straight across one of Katy’s cheeks.

Her head snaps in my direction, the tears evident in her eyes but she doesn’t show pain, her face barely recognising anything that you would expect from someone who just got slapped.

 She faces the woman again raising her head to show that she has no affect over her, and I have to say I’m proud of her.

That slap nearly had me bursting through the front door screaming and shouting, ready to make that evil woman feel the same pain she just made Katy feel and even worse.

The fact that Katy can still raise her head in dignity in front of her attacker shows how brave and special this girl is. How amazing she is.

Loud footsteps come pounding down the stairs, a tall fat middle aged man strolls into the room.

“Oh, I see you taught the girl a lesson again, well done honey, I’m proud” he speaks in a deep voice made husky by years of smoking and drinking.

“She needed it. Stupid bitch went to touch me; she nearly laid her filthy little hands on me,” she rants.

Katy once again says nothing, doesn’t stick up for herself, not that I can blame her, I never do.

“How dare you, you little whore. This is our home, we take you in out of the kindness of our hearts and you pay us back by laying hands on the woman that acts as your mother.” He screams in her face, not even making her flinch.

The anger and hatred is evident in her eyes, radiating out like lasers. If looks could kill, he would be out cold.

“And now you give me that look, a look of pure hatred as if we don’t give you everything. You’re ungrateful that’s what you are. Growing up with all the money your parents had has poisoned your mind, made you selfish. Well don’t worry, we’ll put you back on the straight and narrow,” he finishes his speech a punch to her stomach winding her and making her lean over in pain.

The anger inside me is boiling up ten times worse than I’ve ever felt towards my parents. This time it’s not me that’s being abused, being hurt; it’s someone way more important.

But I can control my anger, bursting through her front door now will only make matters worse.

Hold up a second, Katy’s fostered, her parents are dead.

There’s so much I didn’t know about her that she didn’t want to share with me even after I shared everything about me. Maybe I shouldn’t have come here; she clearly wants her private life to be kept that, private. Oh god I feel horrible.

I look back in the window, to see her gone and her foster parents laughing at their cruelness.

“Oh and another thing sweetheart, you will never see a penny of your inheritance for as long as you live. Believe me, it’s all ours.” He shouts up the stairs, satisfied at his statement and saunters into the kitchen, his wife following behind him.

So this is her life, her misery, the reason behind her sad eyes.

She has it so much worse than me; she had every right not to tell me her story.

I need to talk to her, apologise for being such a douche and spying.

I look round for a rock then round the house, looking for a room that shows signs of life. I finally find it; I see her shadow moving on the wall opposite her window.

I aim the rock perfectly and send it soaring through the air, hearing a little click as it hits her window.

Katy’s POV

I storm up to my room, and start crying my eyes out again.

“Oh and another thing sweetheart, you will never see a penny of your inheritance for as long as you live. Believe me, it’s all ours.”

That douchebag, he can’t take that money. It was legally signed over to me in their will, to be given to me when I turn eighteen. He can’t just steal it.

I get up and start brushing my hair, I can’t keep crying over these people, can’t show my weakness.

Clink.

What the fudge is that?

It came from the window, something must have hit it.

I cautiously walk over to it, what the hell could’ve hit it.

I open the window fully and look out into the garden, but what is see is the last thing I ever expected to be outside my window.

  Dylan Thompson.

No he can’t be here; he can’t be at my house, not near them.

“Dylan, what the hell are you doing here?” I whisper shout out the window, they can’t hear me, it wouldn’t end well.

He looks up at me sheepishly “I’m here to rescue you.”

WHAT?! He doesn’t know, he can’t, not unless he was down there and heard the whole fight, saw everything that happened.

“Rescue me from what?”

He grins up at me, one of his proper charming grins.

“From the monsters.”

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

1.8M 58.8K 51
[Highest Ranking - #5 in Teen Fiction] [Highest Ranking - #1 in Teen Pregnancy] PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS "The Best Mistake" "She almost couldn't read out...
9.3K 215 43
Stephanie Coleman's life is perfect, she's in the honor roll, has caring parents, and the two best friends she could ever ask for. She's cheerful and...
3.5M 123K 49
(Previously known as Mr vs Miss Delinquent) Dylan, turned to me slowly before kneeling and collecting my books, when he stood back up he was welcomed...
14.4K 393 15
I watched as he rubbed the back of his neck and turned around, walking away but stopping after a few steps and he turned around to face me, with a sm...