"World So Cold" (Falling Skie...

By Explosionss

They came without warning , destroyed everything in their path and wiped off most of humanity. But 2 years la... More

Chapter One : "Danger Lurking"
Chapter Two : "Danger Lurking pt.2"
Chapter Three : "Safe & Sound"
Chapter Four : "Damaged"
Chapter Five : "Different"
Chapter Six : "Hide, Seek, and then Reveal"
Chapter Seven : "Walking on tight ropes"
Chapter Eight : "Walking on tight ropes pt.2"
Chapter Ten : "Haunted"
Soundtracks :))
Chapter Eleven : "Sudden Attacks"
Chapter Twelve : "Acts of Courage"
Just a little word ....
Chapter Thirteen : "Losing Reality"
Chapter Fourteen : "Lost"
Chapter Fifteen : "Old friends ..... New enemies"
just an update ... or a note idk :)
Chapter Sixteen : "Reunited"
Chapter Seventeen : "Long Haul"
Chapter Eighteen : "Homecoming"
Chapter Nineteen : "Heart Monitor"
Chapter Twenty : "Fright Night"
Chapter Twenty One : "Aftermath"
Chapter Twenty Two: "Liberty Tree"
Author's note.
Chapter Twenty Three : "High Hopes"
Chapter Twenty Four : "Little bundle of Joy"
Chapter Twenty Five: "Locked Up"
Chapter Twenty Six : "Taken Away"
Bump! - sorry : /
Chapter Twenty Seven : "Inside Karen's Lair .."
Chapter Twenty Eight : "If I Lose Myself"
Chapter Twenty Nine : "Jacksonville"
Chapter Thirty : "Chasing Hybrids"
Chapter Thirty One : "Under Influence"
Chapter Thirty Two : "Resurface"
Chapter Thirty Three : "The Mason Reunion"
Chapter Thirty Four : "Father and Son"
Chapter Thirty Five : "Lourdes"
Author's Note :) not an update ..
Chapter Thirty Six : "Whack a' Mole"
Chapter Thirty Seven : "Maggie's Last Lullaby"
Chapter Thirty Eight : "Grid"
Chapter Thirty Nine : "Leaving Charleston"
Less than 5 chapters left ^.^
Chapter Fourty : "Calm Before The Storm"
Chapter Fourty One : "Knock 'em Down"
Chapter Fourty Two : "True Colors"
Chapter Fourty Three : "The Mighty Fall"
Chapter Fourty Four : "Battlecry" (Finale)

Chapter Nine : "Uncertain"

457 8 2
By Explosionss

 Last night was intense. After we heard the explosion, we ran as fast as we could to get there. Only to see Dad on his knees looking at Lourdes, who's lying unconscious on the floor not far from the parking lot. Hal and Maggie were also lying in the floor unconscious, but on the other side of the building.

 The worst part and probably the most gruesome is, the discovery of a body of a civilian completely torn apart. And that's not the full of it, he's blood was used as an ink and then the murderer wrote on the wall "Your time is running out". I think no one got a good sleep after last night's incident.

 We walked out of the skitter camp this morning and looked at the people around us. We can really feel the weight of their fears, the place they once thought was a paradise is slowly turning out to be a massive murder scene.

 To make things worst for me, aside from the fact that most people already looks at me in a freakish way, I also happened to be the Presiden't son. They are pissed off big time, just a week ago the grounds are filled with people but now , you can  just finally count them. Me and Deni went to one of the camp stores to buy 5 chocolate bars by trading in some house chips , which is the "new money" , we've been using this as our monetary system since Dad was elected and so far, it works great. But instead of letting us buy some, the vendor just gave it for free and then asked us to leave.

 "Okay then. I can live with this" Deni said while eating the chocolate.

 "He's really scared"

 "That's okay as long as he gives us free chocolates" she said and then we continued to walk to the infirmary to check on Hal and the others.

 When we got there, Hal & Maggie are still asleep but thankfully, Lourdes woke up and is doing okay. She only got a few bruises but she's fine, she's sitting at the bed while Dad's asking her questions.

 "What do you remember?" he asked.

 "I was looking for Jordan"

 "Why are you looking for Jordan?" Dad asked and then Lourdes looked at me. "Ben said Karen's here and she's after his brother" she said then dad looked at me.

 "Is it true Ben?"

 I nodded. He asked "I thought I made it clear that you're relieved from duty?", I said that I felt the presence of another skitter on my back and when we came to look for it, we felt Karen trying to connect to us.

 Then Dad continued asking Lourdes if she saw what caused the vehicles to explode.

 "It was Diego" she said.

..........................................................................................................................................................................

Jeanne's P.O.V

 "No? Why the hell would he do that?" I asked Lourdes. I know in my heart that Diego won't do something like that.

 "It's him Jeanne. I was looking for Jordan and then I saw Diego walking towards the parking lot so I followed him. When I got there, I saw him stood there for a moment doing nothing and then he started reaching for his pocket and brought out metal balls and then he attached in to the trucks. I tripped on a trash can that's why he saw me and he even chased me" she said.

 "Diego's missing. Baby bear it's hard but it must be really him" Dad said while trying to comfort me. Maybe that's why he's acting weird, but what could've happened to him?.

 "Did you noticed something different when you're looking at him on the parking lot?" I asked, trying my best not to cry.

 "Yes, I  saw an eye bug come out of one of his eyes" she said and then looked at Prof. Mason. "Karen's here last night, It's her Dad" Ben suddenly said.

 "So Diego's being controlled?" he asked.

 "Yes" Dr. Glass said.

............................................................................................................................................................................

Tom's P.O.V

 Karen's here last night? But how did she get through the perimeters?. I looked at Lourdes's eyes and saw that she's telling the truth. If Diego is being controlled by the enemy, does that mean that he's the one responsible for the 4 murders?.

 The Maggie started to regain her consciousness. "What happened?" she said after she woke up.

 "You and Hal were found lying on the floor on the west side of the building" I told her. "How's Hal?' she asked.

 "He's fine. Maybe had a bit of concussion but he's fine" Anne told her. She tried to get up but her body's hurting that's why Anne told her to just stay in the bed.

 "Karen was here" she said.

 "We know"

 "Where's Jordan?"

 "He's with Matt in his room" Dr. Glass said to her.

 My heart just sunk. I need to conduct a meeting right away to know what's the best thing to do. So I got out of the infirmary and told Marina to call the remaining army officers and Cochise to discuss about upgrading our perimeters and defensive systems.

 After we got in the meeting room, I decided to start right away. "Last night was a wake up call to all of us, a reminder that we shouldn't be contented to the damage that we already done."

 "Diego is being controlled right?, does it mean that he's also the murderer or the spy or whatever?" Dan asked.

 "We don't know yet. Maybe he was being controlled to sabotage the missions , but I'm not sure yet as to why he was ordered to kill 3 army officers." I said.

 "Maybe he was ordered to kill all of us but's not just able to" Col. Briggs said.

"I think the best thing we could do right now is to cancel incoming missions until further notice." I said.

 "But for how long? We've been running low on supplies" Marina said.

 "I'm well aware of that. But I think the safety of our soldiers is much more important than postponing missions for just the mean time. Plus, I think it's time for people to circulate the house chips, I'm sure the vendors out there still got a lot of food in their stalls"

 "I agree with Tom. We should give it a time to see if things are going to settle down. 4 murder cases in just a week, that's heavy" Dan said.

 "For the mean time, I want a 24/7 patrol on the grounds and guards on the perimeter lines and at the badlands. I'm sure our friend Cochise can help us with that" I said and then looked at him.

 "I'll be glad to help" he said.

 "I'm also adjusting the curfew hour, from 3:00 am to 1:00 am. That sounds good right?"

 "Yes Mr. President" Marina said.

 "And one more thing. I'm going to appoint Col. Briggs as the new General and Capt. Weaver as a Colonel"

 "Isn't that a bit of a rush?" she asked.

 "No it's not, we need to replace those seats that are vacant now. We need stability people, the civilians are already starting to get pissed"

 When they all nodded and seemed to agree with me, I adjourned the meeting and went to my office.

.............................................................................................................................................................................

Hal's P.O.V

 I think it was almost lunch time when I woke up. The last thing I remember is asking Maggie why she's here. I don't know what happened next.

 "Hey" Maggie said and then I looked at her and she's sitting at the bed next to mine.

 "How are you?" she asked.

 "Good... sore for some unexplainable reason. You?"

 "Same. Jordan's safe though"

 "That's good. I thought I gave him to Karen" I told her and then she moved to my bead and whispered. "Don't ever say that to anyone okay? You could get yourself in trouble"

 "But what if I'm the murderer?"

 "You're not. Diego is. He's being controlled by Karen , and now they all think that he's the one responsible."

 "She's controlling him too?"

 "Hal. We really don't know yet if you are under Karen's influence okay?. I suggest that we should just keep it to ourselves"

 "But Maggie .."

 "Pls. Hal, I don't want to lose you" she said and then kissed me.

..........................................................................................................................................................................

 We spent the rest of the day at the skitter camp since Dad is mad at me for not staying away from my duties and the fact that most people here in Charleston looks at us like we're the enemies.

 "Murich's back" Estella said and them me and Deni went to the next tent to listen to what he has to say.

 "We've received reports that the forces of the Esphemi are currently suspended on their tracks. It is as if they're waiting for a signal to attack" he said through Estella

 "So that means they're gonna attack the Volm planet really soon?" Deni asked.

 "The answer is yes. That's why I'm also here to task you Ben and Deni a new mission that might be a big help for the incoming battle"

 "What is it?"

 "The rest of the rebel skitters that are on the eastern side of the continent is on their way to Charleston. But they need to get here without being seen or sensed, and the only way to do that is through the ocean or the mountains which will take about a week longer than the usual time of travel"

 "You want us to meet them?" I asked.

 "Yes. The entrance the Charleston is filled with Mega Mechs and Esphemi forces, we've already looked at other possible routes but the only way we came up with is by trekking the mountains or swimming in the ocean."

 "Where are they now?" Deni asked him.

 "We've already locked down their coordinates. They are at the hospital where you and Red eye first met" he said and then looked at me. That is also the place where Jimmy died.

 "When do we need to leave?" I asked.

 "I suggest that the best time to start the mission is right now" he said.

 "But he's still relieved from duty" Deni said.

 "I would like to have a word with Professor Mason" he said and then Deni looked at me.

 "Okay. let's go" I said and then we went out to go to Dad's office.

 After we got to Dad's office , i saw that he's talking to Dr. Glass. "Hi" I said and then we all enetered the room.

 "What's the meaning of this? I thought we already agreed that you're off duty" he said and then stood up

 "Professor Mason. We've received reports that the Army of the enemy are currently suspended on their tracks. Their ships are already facing the Volm planet, maybe they're just waiting for a signal to fire"

 "Thank you Murich for that updat. But what would that mean for us?" he asked.

 "Then your planet is next. I'm also here to ask for your permission to let Ben go into a mission"

 "No. He's not okay yet" he said.

 "Dad, I'm fine"

 "No you're not" he said and then his voice raised a bit.

 "What mission" Dr. Glass suddenly asked.

 "Professor I think you underestimated the incoming army of the Esphemi, once they arrived here. Their main goal would be annihilate all enemies. The damage would be massive"

 "How massive exactly?"

 "Unimaginable" Murich said and then Dad got quiet. he's thinking what he should do.

 "So what's Ben have to do with it?" he asked.

 "He and Deni will be tasked to meet the a massive group of rebel skitters that are already on their way to Charleston. They can't come here because of the amount of Esphemi forces located on the city proper"

 "He's going to meet them?"

 "That's right professor"

 "That's all he have to do?"

 "He needs to accompany them and make sure they get here safely. Their help will be crucial to winning this battle"

 "How many are they?"

 "A couple of hundreds. They are the entire group of rebel skitters on the eastern part of the continent".

 "No. Ben you're not going. Just assign another kid"

 "Dad please"

 "No"

 "Listen to me Dad. I need to help them. A decisive war is coming and it's gonna be do or die. We need all the help we can" i told him but he's not answering.

 "Ben's got a point" Dr. Glass said.

 Then after a few minutes, he said he'll think about it and so we then went out of his office.

...........................................................................................................................................................................

Pope's P.O.V

 "Wonder what Mason is up to right now" I told Tector while we're drinking at my soon to open bar near the badlands of Charleston camp.

 "He's probably preparing for the worst"

 "Finally, someone popped his bubble and his delusions of grandeur that this world will still be okay after these damn aliens came"

 "I'm going to pop your head if you're not gonna stop talking" someone said and then I looked around and saw Capt. Weaver.

 "Chill cap, have a beer or something, it's in the house" I told him.

 "First, it's Colonel now , pope. Second, I won't decline to that offer" he said

 "I know you've been bored these past months" he said.

 "You really feel me Captain ... I mean Colonel .. damn whatever .. Captain Weaver" I told him and then he said " Well get your ass up and go the badlands or the perimeter. Tom suspects that last night was just the start of the enemy's attack on Charleston."

 "Finally" Tector said and then laughed slightly.

.........................................................................................................................................................................

 "Do you think he'll let you?" Deni asked when we came back to the camp.

 "Hard to tell. He still doesn't trust me. I can't believe it"

 "He's only concerned" Estella said.

 "But this is important. There's an incoming war".

 "Benji, he's coming" Deni told me and then pointed outside, I saw Dad coming. "Hey" he said. "You've finally made a decision Professor?" Murich asked through Adrian, one of the other de-harnessed kids.

 "Yes, you're right. We need help. But how long are you gonna be gone again?" he asked me. "Probably 2 weeks or so" I said.

 "Okay, if you're not back after that. You know I'm coming for you, right?" he said and then gave me a hug.

 "I know Dad"

 "Take care" he said and then went away. I looked to Deni and she smiled.

.............................................................................................................................................................................

Tom's P.O.V

 I sat in my chair at the office for the rest of the afternoon, trying to think if I made the right decision. I can't control my sons , they deserve to do what they want. Especially Ben, he's devastated lately. And though I know that he's still not okay. Maybe getting back on the road ill help him get there.

 "I made the right decision right?" I asked Anne as she came in and kissed my forehead.

 "You did. Don't worry, he's gonna be fine. Your boys grew up too fast" she said and then smiled to me.

.............................................................................................................................................................................

 We decided to leave just a little after sunset to use the darkness as a cover so we won't be seen. "How long will you be gone?" Matt asked while he's with me at the  skitter camp.

 "I don't know Matt. But when I get back, how about we play some iPad games and a good ol' Monopoly session?" I asked.

 "I like the sound of that" he said and then smiled at me.

 "Hey Benji. Let's go" Deni said and then we started to head out. I saw Hal, Dr. Glass, Maggie , Lourdes and Dad just outside the camp.

 "Take care Ben. If you don't feel right anymore. Just run all the way back here okay?" Hal told me. "Okay" I said and then he gave me a hug.

 "I'll be praying for your mission" Lourdes said, I just smiled and hugged her. It's really amazing how she still holds on to her faith after everything that happened.

 "Take good care Ben" Dr. Glass said and then she hugged me too. Maggie hugged me and said told me to stay away from main roads and avoid trouble as much as I could. And then when it finally came to Dad, he said "You know the rule right? 2 weeks" and then hugged me and said "see you".

 Me and Deni started to move out. "Don't worry Mr. Mason. I'll take care of him" she said and then we went for the main gate.

 "So this is it?" she asked.

 "Yeah" I said and then we finally went out of the perimeter line .. out into the night. Completely unaware that we just passed by where Karen is, just smiling at us behind a tree.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Comments and suggestions would be really appreciated. I wanna know what you guys think :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 2.7K 41
Is it fate or destiny that will bring these two together? ❝You don't know who matters the most in your life, until they're brutally taken from you, a...
34K 831 16
8,000. That's the number of humans that made it off planet earth before it turned into a ball of radiation. Idabelle Watson being one of those human...
1.6K 99 39
[COMPLETE & UNEDITED/UNREVISED] [WORD COUNT: 52,929 Most Impressive Rankings: #1 in Alien Romance #1 in Scifi-Adventure #3 in Fated-Mates Tati is one...
118K 4.8K 12
❝So you think it's just a coincidence that your name happens to be Jack Frost and you're able to create snow?❞ ❝It's that or believing that I'm actua...