The Boy with Bad Habits

By blackcatbri

[Warning: this book contains SEXUAL content, crude language, drug use & abusive scenarios. If you aren't matu... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 22

5.6K 204 31
By blackcatbri

After leaving the dreaded school, Nonna and I headed for home. She noticed my 'on edge' persona.

"Don't worry Ace, everything will be fine I'm sure," her voice very soothing.

I lied, "It's not that, I'm just stressed over how much work I've probably missed." Rubbing the back of my neck to ease the tension, Nonna gave some more reassuring words.

"No need to be bothered over that, I contacted the school and requested a student to help you out." Corners of her mouth turned up content, while I almost pissed my pants.

Looking over, "You-you what?"

"The school was nice enough to give you a tutor. Since one of your electives is study hall, she'll be helping you catch up then. Sometimes after school too."

My eyes widened, "She? What the hell Nonna, I don't need a damn tutor!"

She vigorously pulled the car over, Nonna immediately put the honda in park and faced me. Eyes filled with anger, "Now you listen to me. Your counselor was kind enough to help you out with a student that'll attend to every educational need you have. I don't want to hear any whining or complaining either. What's done is done....and stop that cussing!"

Putting my head in both hands groaning, she said one more thing that blew me straight out the water. "Luckily, I recommended someone we both know and get along well with....Willow."

My heart stopped and breath caught right in my throat. "Please tell me your joking."

She put her hand on my shoulder while I felt like fainting. "If it was a joke, I would've already been laughing. Besides, you seem comfortable with her and she's a very sweet girl. A good influence at that too." Nonna began driving again, as well as driving me crazy.

"It's not like she didn't offer to help you Ace."

There it was. The same butterflies that erupted in my stomach and had the beats in my chest go a little faster.

Willow volunteered?

Betraying thoughts flooded my mind.

How often would I see her? Will she be happy to see me? Am I going to be able to focus with her around? If I screw up, will she notice? Did she want this?

Questions wouldn't stop, deep down I knew it'd be impossible to pay any attention to anything with her around.

Losing control and kissing her was not an option. The more I did the further away I got from myself.

Accidentally muttering, "I need a joint."

Nonna's voice raised looking directly at me in astonishment, "What did you say?"

Stuttering like an idiot, "I-I said I need to stretch my joints."

Under her breath, "You'll be fine."

Getting home went by in a blur. Everything I did, she would pop up in my mind on how I'd handle all of it.

Sitting on the edge of the bed it was pretty clear the vow I had made would be broken whether I liked or not. For some reason all of it pushed me over the edge. Between school, Nonna, the flashbacks, and Willow the time called for one thing.

"Now stay right here in this complex while I'm gone. If I find you're not Ace, there will be a serious misunderstanding." Warning dripped from her voice.

Still acting like I'd been cleaning my room some not facing her, "Relax Nonna, I have no reason to."

Lie.

"Ti amo nipote (I love you grandson)."

"Ti amo Nonna."

Right when I heard the door close, I put on a dark hoodie and went straight to my dresser. Nonna had given me some emergency money of about 58 bucks plus some change.

She gave it to me in New York a few weeks back and eventually I had come across it.

Sticking it into a jacket pocket, there was one thing in mind on what to do next. I closed the front door and locked it.

Mid day neared and CVS was only a cross walk away. Quickly striding over, every fiber in my being itched for the need.

A pay phone I had seen plenty of times before resided on one side of the building in a private manner.

No one gave me suspicious looks walking by. But paranoia has a way of slowly creeping into your mind when the shit you do isn't necessarily legal.

Putting in three dollars worth of quarters since it wasn't a local call I typed in the number that held answers.

Ringing filled my left ear until a groggy response alarmed me, "Who the fuck is this?"

Crude as hell still, I thought, "It's Ace, and could you not answer like I'm the fuckin' police Rob."

He chuckled on the other line, "One of my finest costumers, which also gives me reason to answer the way I do and please bub."

Calming the anxiousness, "Look my time is limited on this phone so can you please direct me to my desired destination." Frustration very evident but shortly hidden.

Silence followed until, "What's in it for me?"

I wanted to hang up the damn phone, "You didn't say that when you told me about people who could 'hook me up' in Henrico. Why so reluctant now?"

Robby responded right away, "Look kid business has been runnin' kind of slow here, and with you leavin' I need all I can get." His New York accent sounding rather desperate.

Giving him a loose promise, "Tell you what, I'll wire some money in your direction if an address is given to me for my.....needs."

My former drug dealer became strangely quiet, "Deal."

So it was. He gave me the address in Henrico right after threatening me if the deal wasn't met. Puzzling me that one of the best dealers in my old neighborhood had 'financial difficulties'. Made me laugh in a way because things seemed to be the same way on my end too.

Then, I took 25 cents for a local call to dial my favorite and only taxi driver's number.

The conversation was short since I'd have plenty of time to talk to him on the way. Sitting on the edge of the sidewalk, Leo neared and gave me a side smile through the windshield.

I stood, both hands in pockets, returning the smile but it didn't reach my eyes.

"Are you just going to stand there or are you sleep walking this time?" He let out a small chuckle.

Opening the door, I cracked a smile at Leo's remark. "I'll try not to give you the burdening task of waking me up, okay?"

The taxi driver laughed quietly to himself, "No, no it's not troublesome at all. I just find it funny out of all my customers, you're the only one to really snooze in here."

I smiled leaning against the window and telling him the address.

His ears perked and quickly said, "Come again?"

Head coming up from the window I repeated the address. "What's wrong?"

Shaking his head with uncertainty, "Ace do you realize where that leads you too?"

Raising one eyebrow, "Yes, and?" He looked at me after coming to a red light, "Why is it that every location you give me leads you straight to trouble?"

Sighing, "What are you trying to say Leo?"

The light going green, he answered, "I'm saying that I've ventured through that part of town and I think you're making a mistake."

Sitting up, I felt kind of irritated with the charades,  "What are you, my gaurdian angel? I'm the passenger, you're the driver. Can we leave it at that?"

Leo suddenly offended accelerated the speed slightly, "No Ace, I'm not your 'guardian angel' but I do hope you know what you're doing."

No effort to reply was made. As I felt the need to light a cigarette but let it pass. I took off my jacket since Leo had the temperature on cremate, and looked out the window again self conscious about my decision.

What would Willow think if she knew of my addiction? Probably never talk to me again. Although, she did pick it up for her aunt. Yet it was not for herself but to not get slapped; she didn't have a choice in the matter.

Then it came to me after all that time. Why didn't she just leave? Did she have anyone else? There were texts exchanged between Willow and her mother. What happened?

Next thing I know, a three story house that looked incredibly unpleasant with paint pealing all over showed up.

"Well it looks like we are here," said a voice next to me with no trace of emotion.

Digging in my pocket, a hand siezed my action. "No charge."

Frowning with puzzlement, "Look Leo I know I probably pissed you off on the way here. Can you atleast let me pay you like a normal customer?"

He smiled with a twinkle in his eyes, "No charge. Remember Ace, you remind me of myself when I was younger. That's not just a 'normal' customer to me."

My lips curled up and I nodded, "Thanks man."

Closing the door, he requested one thing, "All I ask is that you be careful."

Windows on the taxi going up, he sped off. Leo's actions made me question a lot more and more often. Yellow patches of grass met my dirty converse. Fear crept up, and refused to go away.

Sounds of a barking dog, pitbull maybe, came from the house. It blared with music I couldn't understand.

Largely, the smack of a screen door on the door frame made me look straight up.

Familiarity sparked, along with even more fright and stupidity for not listening to Leo.

Mike Tyson's twin had his arms folded over his large muscles in a white wife beater and chest with a smirk looking me up and down. An ugly looking rottweiler to the left of him on all fours growling.

Shit. Now would be the time for Willow to save my ass. I thought frantically.

Russle gave me a skin crawling sneer, "Well, well, well, now who do we have here?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 2.5K 41
[Completed]: (8/3/18) Ranks: #1 in lawbreaker (11/21/18) Definition of bad (adj) bad[ bad ] of poor quality:below an acceptable standard in quality...
142K 2.7K 61
There is nothing more beautiful than watching an innocent angel fall apart at my sinful actions. I'm going to ruin her. "Augustine." And she comes...
923 132 29
"𝘐 𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘯𝘬 π˜ͺ𝘡 𝘒𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘒𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘦π˜₯ 𝘡𝘰𝘰 𝘧𝘒𝘴𝘡." Let's cut the sweet talk. This is a story about a bunch of dumb teenagers who cheat; be...
J + J By Miss_Durst

Teen Fiction

1K 111 47
COMPLETE Two lovers. Deeply in love with each other. Will they confess their undieing love for each other or not? Jose, Jesse's older brother, soon...