Broken Misery (H.Styles Fanfi...

By xI_Am_Uniquex

A Dark Harry Styles fanfiction Sequel to Misery Loves Company The doorknob starts shaking and turning, a key... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Not the End of One Direction!
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Epilogue
What happens in Tesco stays in Tesco
The Easter Bunnies
Stress Relief
The Fucking House
Money, Honey
The proposal
I Love you...Two
Little Bean
Babysitter
"It's A..."
Labor-Inducing Sex

Chapter 14

249 14 6
By xI_Am_Uniquex

Previously on Broken Misery :

His grip on the steering wheel tightens and he chuckles humorlessly. "Sure. Please, feel free to jump out of the car and call a taxi. I'll slow down to five miles per hour not to hurt you. It'll be painful enough when you get kidnapped and raped repeatedly."

"Been there, done that," I mutter, but instantly regret it. His eyes widen instantly the size of tennis balls and his lips part. The alcohol makes my cheek warm in embarrassment, tingles running up and down my spine with the fear of provoking Harry like I used to, and I can remember the exact feeling of his palm on my cheek when I would make a comment like this. He'd get so angry, so scary, my heart would practically stop beating at the sight of him so upset.

-------------------

Chapter 14

I run my thumbs under my eyes and wipe the tears, failing to hide my fear. It doesn't help when Harry doesn't say anything. He simply looks forward to the road and keeps both hands tightly wrapped around the steering wheel, knuckles almost turning white from the grip. His Adam's apple bobs up and down harshly a few times, but he still keeps his thoughts to himself. I can easily tell how angry he is, just by his face turning red and the smoke I imagine coming out of his ears like a cartoon, but I'm glad he doesn't speak up. Who knows what would come out of his mouth at his point, Meanwhile, I pull out my phone from the front pocket of my coat, only to find a single message from Alfie asking to text him when I get home. The letters aren't clear and I know better than to let my drunk self send drunk messages, so I lock my phone and put it back -

My phone doesn't make it back to my pocket. Harry's large hand takes it directly from my small palm and he throws it carelessly in the backseat, but it flies against the back window. Hard.

"What the hell was that for!"

"You deserve a lot better than a fucker who can't even control his girlfriend," he hisses through his teeth. "I may have done quite a lot of mistakes but I wouldn't let you get hurt willingly."

A small sarcastic chuckle escapes from my lips. "Sure you wouldn't. You did the mess yourself, it was probably easier on your conscience."

"Fucking hell, Elena! You know that's not true," he shouts as he hits his fist on the steering wheel with such incredible force, the whole car practically shakes. "You know what? Fine. Text loverboy, thank him for getting you hammered and I'm fucking sorry if all I wanted was to look out for you."

"Well I can't text him now that my phone is broken," I argue back, sighing. The alcohol and the car ride are making me sleepy. And I can't actually check whether or not my phone is broken since it's currently sitting somewhere in the back of the car, probably even in the trunk, but after the rough shock it took, I'd be surprised if it wasn't completely shattered.

"Your phone is not broken, for Fuck's sake. Why do you have to be such a dramatic bitch all the time?"

I take a whole minute to swallow his words down, and even then I still choke on them. A dramatic bitch. Harry just called me a dramatic bitch, and for some reason, probably the beer, it feels worse than being called a whore. At least, somewhere deep inside, I knew I wasn't a whore. But a bitch? Earlier at the pub, I did call him mean...

The tears fall freely now and I have absolutely no control on them. At this point, my tear ducts and my brain are no longer connected. Harry's face shows no remorse whatsoever, his eyes free of shame and guilt. His hands are back gripping firmly the steering wheel, his foot pressing harder on the accelerator, but he ignores my cries as I pull my legs against my chest and rest my chin on top of my knees.

My heart starts beating a little bit faster when Harry doesn't seem to slow down. I close my eyes tight to subdue the dizziness but the car hits a few bumps and speeds up again, making my head spin faster. I glance up at Harry, who doesn't seem one bit affected by the speed. In fact, his eyes are wide opened in anger and his hands are both on the steering wheel, his foot dipping deeper.

The engine roars louder as the car accelerates. "Harry, can you slow down a little?" When he doesn't slow down, I rub my eyes with my fists before wiping the leaking mascara onto my jeans so it doesn't stain my skin. Life comes into focus, or at least parts of it does since buildings past by too fast to actually see them, and my heart tightens in my chest. "Harry, please."

"Just shut up," he growls, shaking his head. "All you do is complain about everything I do. 'Harry, pick up your clothes', 'Harry, you're stupid', 'Harry, I'm drunk. Please come pick me up, but don't because you're mean and I hate you'. For once, just shut up before I lose my temper."

But he's already lost his temper. Through the water in my eyes, I glance at the dashboard only to see the speed increasing even more, reaching past seventy miles per hour. "I'm sorry, alright? Just slow down, Harry. Please, slow down."

"'Please, slow down'," he mocks bitterly, mimicking my voice. "Haven't heard that in a long time. Care to remind me how you screamed it last time?"

A choke leaves my lips, followed by a sob. I place my hands on my face and hide the embarrassment of my tears from Harry. Images from the few times Harry and I had sex, unwillingly from my part, flash through my mind. I try pushing away those memories, the scream and the cries, the pain that never seemed to stop, but Harry's blank expression from just a few seconds ago is exactly how he looked when I tried to tell him to stop all those times. I struggled and cried, but he wouldn't stop.

Harry makes a swift turn to the left, but at the speed he's going, I lose complete balance and fall on my right and on his side as far as the seatbelt allows me. The tires squeak on the asphalt and the entire car shakes from the sudden shock, but it doesn't throw Harry aback. Despite my fall on his arm, he keeps up on his speed and almost reaches eighty miles per hour. "You're driving too fast," I cry out loud, wrapping my short fingers around his forearm to stop him. He shakes it away from my grip, but I tighten my hold. "Harry, please. Stop the god damn car!"

This time, I shouted so loud that I feel the car slowing down to a reasonable speed, but when I open my eyes I notice that we've merged onto the neighborhood streets, just a block from the house. He doesn't say anything until we're parked in front of the gates, where in the speed of light, I jump out of the car and grab my purse from the backseat. With the help of the light provided by the streetlamps, I search the back of the car for my phone, and as soon as I put my hand on it, my heart stops. I hold it closer, but it only confirms what I knew already: the top of the screen, from the right and down to the middle, is completely shattered. I unlock it and even though the touch screen still works, the broken glass makes everything unreadable.

When I turn around, Harry is unlocking the door to the house. I shut the car door roughly, which catches his attention, but he simply locks it from the distance and walks into the house. "Harry," I call after him, but he ignores me. "You broke my phone!"

"Too bad," he snarls, turning on the lights. "Next time, just don't piss me off with it."

"What do you mean, next time? Why would there be a next time? How many times do you plan on breaking my phone?"

The alcohol side effects have slightly subsided and as Harry walks on the floor with his dirty boots, I already feel the need to call him on it. I resist the urge but after my exam tomorrow, I know that I'm going to have to vacuum and mop the floor at least twice to remove the mud.

"I had forgotten how much you talked. Seriously, that mouth of yours never stops unless it's full," he says lazily, dropping on the sofa as if nothing's wrong.

I drop my bag on the floor and throw my phone at his chest, where it bounces up and hits the floor. As it's already broken, I don't bother checking if I've managed to damage the screen further. "What the hell is your problem, Harry? Why were you so fine this morning and now you have to be such an asshole?"

"Why did you have to come back?" he shoots back, dropping his feet from the coffee table. "All you do is take advantage of me."

"I take advantage of you? Itake advantage of you? What did you do for two months, then?" Now I'm completely sober, but my voice lowers when I realize what he really wants. "You want me gone, don't you?"

I watch him sigh and cradle his head in his hands, where he rubs his temples and muffle a groan. My legs feel like giving up at the thought that we're there again, fighting as always, when I thought everything was going better. If I had known the night would end up like this, I would've done more shots. A lot more of them.

Harry slowly gets up from the couch and picks up my phone from the floor before pacing around in circles in the middle of the living room. He examines the device in his hands, runs his thumb over the broken screen and sighs. The screen suddenly lights up, but he doesn't read whatever was sent to it, he only locks it from the top button. "What happened today?"

"Excuse me?"

"What happened today?" he repeats slowly, not sounding angry anymore. "What made you go to the bar and get drunk?"

Without arguing, I walk over to the sofa and sit at my usual place. "The exam was super hard and, even though I'm probably still passing the class, I feel like I'll fail this test and I was completely unprepared."

Harry sits carefully at his seat, our bodies separated by a whole seat in the middle of the sofa, and he holds my phone in his lap. "How were you unprepared after how much you studied? Is that even possible?"

"Looks like it is," I shrug. "Well, I was prepared, but the test wasn't what we expected and it was just really hard. So to forget about the shitty exam, we figured that we could drown our failure lives in alcohol, since we're fully prepared for tomorrow's exam anyway."

The corners of Harry's mouth quiver up, small crinkles appearing at the side of his eyes. "It was a very bad idea, Elena. You're not used to drinking, you shouldn't have done that."

"I know," I agree, only because his words are genuine. "To be fair, we never intended on drinking so much. But I told the bartender to keep the pints coming and then with the shots, things just got messy. Alfie was barely tipsy, anyway."

"The bartender could've put something in your drinks and you wouldn't even have noticed. And barely tipsy? Then why can't he even take care of his girlfriend?"

"Because he isn't -" My eyes widen and I bite my tongue not to finish my sentence when I realize what I'm about to say. "He was meeting a friend there afterwards and I had promised him I'd be fine on my own," I lie, but Harry buys it. "I'm really, really sorry."

"So am I," he admits, accepting my apology. "And I'm sorry for your phone. I'll get you a new one, I promise. Are you feeling good?"

I offer him a small smile and nod, which he returns when I scoot closer to him and lean my head against his shoulder. "I'm very tired, but I'm fine. I don't want to fight."

"We're not fighting," he whispers and kisses the top of my head. "I didn't want to scare you in the car, I was just very upset. But I promise, we're not fighting."

"Good."

After a few moments of comfortable silence, my eyelids grow heavy and Harry chuckles as he wraps his arms around my body and holds me bridal style as he stands up. "Come on, let's get you to bed."

I nod in his chest. "It's funny how easily I can hate you one minute, and not hate you the next."

With my ear pressed against his body, I can feel his heartbeat increase beneath his chest. But it's true, one minute I hate him, and the next I love him. And even though I didn't say it exactly like that, it's what he understood of it, and I know he's smiling as he walks up the stairs.

"And by the way," I whisper half-conscious, "we'd already paid the bartender. You just wasted fifty-bucks."

---------------------

Chapter End Notes:

Hellllloooo!!!!

How are y'all? Missed you guys even though it's only been 9 days :)

What do you think about this chapter? Hope you liked it.❤

And I need a favor! Can you please tell people about my story and spread it every where. I'll love you forever for that plus you'd get a chapter dedicate for you in return.
& Can you do a trailer for this Story? Would mean lots.

So, Dark Harry isn't completely over, even though it looks like it. He'll still be there next chapter, and he'll still be there a lot throughout the entire story, which I plan on being long!

Don't forget to comment and vote!!Thanks!:D

-Katexx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

556K 13.5K 40
[In Editing] Wrong place. Wrong time. That's what this is a case of. Jessie James just happened to be at the bank that day when Harry Styles, and the...
44K 1.4K 65
A Dark Harry Styles fanfiction ----- "I'm so wrong for you, Elena," he groans, biting my earlobe and breathing heavily. "So fucking wrong." And he is...
121K 3.3K 47
[COMPLETED] Esmereld Payne, better known as Emera or Esme, has always been a rebellious young woman. She doesn't take shit from anyone and will put s...
330K 7.5K 47
[COMPLETED] It is well known that the world isn't a nice place. There are too many people and not enough humanity. Emma learns this very quickly when...