Ashling

whoopsiehdaiseh द्वारा

Ashling: an anglicized version of the Irish Gaelic 'Aisling', meaning "dream, vision". What if one day you wa... अधिक

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Epilogue
Thank you!!

Chapter 11

92 21 22
whoopsiehdaiseh द्वारा

A little bit of some information. The vortex tunnel is actually in the "Ripley's - Believe it or not" museum. It's not in Madame Tussaud's. I only added it here cuz well I couldn't remember stuff from Ripley's. So I'm sorry to any offended.
Secondly, I'm attaching a photo of the vortex tunnel to let y'all know how it looks like. Also, I'm attaching the link for the song "You and Me" by Lifehouse, just in case if you wanna listen to it while reading the scene. Enjoy!

Do I tell her that I've been having dreams about her?

They started off with her saving me but the dream I had last night, the way our hands were intertwined, God that was too much. My heart felt like it was gonna explode when I woke up this morning. Am I seriously romanticizing about her? Do I really feel that way?

"Tyler!!"

I shake out of my trance and realize Sam had been calling out to me since quite some while now.

"Are - you - back - on - planet - Earth?" He asks me in slow motion as if I'm a 2 year old who can't understand phrases properly.

"Oh, shut up," I snap. "What, a guy can't even think now?"

"Think? You were in a bloody trance, bud."

"Whatever. What were you saying?"

"It's Suzanna's birthday next week, and I'm planning a party. It won't be big, just some close people. And I'd really like you to come."

"I don't know man.. You guys are all over each other when you're together.. I'm gonna get seriously bored.."

His smile falls and he frowns saying, "Excuse me? We never do that, we are the best entertainers." When he observes that he still hasn't convinced me, he quickly states, "Come on Ty! It's just a couple of hours.. She'd really like it as well.. It'll make us happy.."

There. The son of a gun did it. He has this sad smile on his face and he looks like an innocent kid, that did it.

"Alright, I'll come." I say with a small smile, which is nothing compared to the gigantic grin on his face. He thanks me a billion times and then goes off to work.

------------

Shit, shit, shit! It's 6 pm and I'm nowhere near getting free. A new case came up and all of us had to stay past our off time to study it. Cassandra gets free in an hour, there is absolutely no way I'll make it in time.

"Chase!" My boss calls out.

"Yeah?"

"Have you written your report?"

"I have, yes. Was just compiling it."

"You can leave then." He tells me.
I swear to God, never have I ever liked him more than in this moment. I could hug the man.

I grab my briefcase and bag and go out as fast as I can. I sit in my car and head towards home, it's 6:45 pm. I need to go home and change my clothes and there's only fifteen minutes left! But if I do go home and change, I will never meet Cassandra, not on this day. I contemplate whether I should head home or not.. Oh, screw it! I take a left and make my way towards Madame Tussaud's.

I leave my coat and tie in the car, so that I'm only wearing my white shirt and black pants. I look way too formal. Two girls walk past me and turn their heads to take a proper look at me, a seductive smile on their face. I smirk and now I absolutely do no care how I look. Just when I open the door, Cassandra comes out. I freeze. She's wearing the exact same yellow summer dress she was wearing in my dream. Is this a joke? What is happening with me?

"Tyler, hey!"

I blink a few times and try and shake the thought out of my head. "Hey Cassandra."

She looks at me and notices my attire, "Did you just get off from work?" She says with a slight smile. Okay, every feeling of confidence I had when those two girls looked at me, has now been diffused and blown away by the look she's giving me. What is it about her that makes me feel so self conscious?

I clear my throat and say, "Yes, um I just got free and came here."

She gives me a sympathetic smile and says, "If you're here for the tour, then you're late. My shift ended."

"I know. I was wondering if maybe, um, we could, I mean.. You could.. Um, we could just visit casually..?"

She squints a little bit, and I blabber again, "You know, not you as a proper tour guide, but like, just visit with me.." Tyler, would you please shut the fuck up?

She smiles and nods, "That'd be nice. Alright."

Hallelujah!! I open the door for her and follow her as she goes in.

-----------

"Don't you dare hide Brad's face! I'll kill you if you ruin this photo." Cassandra threatens me. I'm standing beside Angelina and she's beside Brad's wax figure. My plan is that as soon as the photo is taken, I'll put the magazine in front of Brad's face. Let's see if it works.

"I only do that when I'm alone. Stop whining." I taunt her and she glares at me.

The man who agreed to take our photo, signals us to get ready. As soon as he presses the button to take a picture, I extend my arm and cover Brad's face. I quickly run and take the camera from the guy and thank him. When I turn around, Cassandra is fuming at me.

"You asshole. You son of a-"

"Whoa!" I laugh. "Easy fiesty one. It's just a photo."

Even though she looks annoyed, she starts laughing as well. My laughter subsides as I look at her laughing for the first time. Her eyes have literally squinted shut, and her eyesbrows have formed a small arch, as if she's amused. Her laughter slows down to a giggle and then we're just looking at each other.

"What..? She slowly asks me.

I feel my cheeks getting warm and I duck my head, biting my lip, "Nothing."
I shake my head and she signals me to move ahead. We reach the Pirates of the Carribean den and are greeted by a figure of Jack Sparrow. She squeals and runs to stand beside him with such a goofy expression that I can't help but laugh. Dammit she's adorable.

She keeps telling me details about the museum and figures, oblivious to the fact that I have this place and every nook and corner memorised by heart. But I still listen attentively, how can I not? She has the perfect voice to captivate you. She has command. No wonder she got hired as a tour guide.

We enter the vortex tunnel. It has a bridge with a cylindrical wall surrounding it. The wall keeps rotating slowly so that when you cross the tunnel, it feels like that the bridge is slowly turning upside down, though actually it's fixed on its place. I don't really like it, because it makes me dizzy. But I don't say anything, because Cassandra apparently loves it.

"Hey, you okay?" She asks me. I hadn't realized that I was clutching the rope on the side way too tightly and I wasn't exactly walking, just standing there.

I give a shaky smile and say, "This isn't exactly my favourite spot in this museum."

She looks left and right, as if checking for people. The tunnel is empty, not many people come here. She walks a bit further and then sits on the side, facing the wall in front of her. She pats the spot next to her and gestures me to come sit. I slowly make my way and sit down. She chuckles a bit before saying, "Whenever I'm free and if there aren't people in sight, I come and sit here. I just stare at the wall in front of me."

I try and block out the dizziness by concentrating on the wall in front. It's weird, but just staring at a spot doesn't seem dizzying and the lights aren't blinding anymore. 'You and Me' by Lifehouse is playing distantly. It's actually, peaceful.

"This is nice.." I softly say.

"It is, isn't it? It's my favourite spot. Gives me time to think."

I turn my head and look at her. The multicolored lights make her look like an art masterpiece, a painting. She has the most calm expression on her face. I start, "I've always been here alone.."

"Huh?" She looks at me and I turn my head towards the front, slightly lowering it.

'Cause it's you and me, and all of the people with nothing to do, nothing to lose.
And it's you and me, and all of the people and I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you.

"I've been here many times. I know every corner of this place, every wax figure. I have so many photos with literally every figure. But I never come along with anyone. I've always been here alone."

She's still looking at me, I know she is. Her gaze is making me feel hot. "Why?" She asks.

I shrug, "I don't know, just didn't feel like bringing anyone along."

"Or you didn't want anyone to this fangirling side of you," she raises her eyebrow and laughs softly.

I grin, "So you noticed.. Yeah.. I guess."

"But you let me be your companion today. For the first time." She observes.

"Yep."

I'm tripping on words, you got my head spinning,
I don't know where to go from here

"Why..?" She asks.

"When I saw you come out the door, I just knew. I knew that this would be the first time I'll have company. And honestly, I wouldn't have preferred any other person."

Cuz there's you and me, and all of the people with nothing to do, nothing to lose.
And that's you and me, and all of the people and I don't know, I can't keep my eyes off of you.

She ducks her head to hide her smile, but not before I catch her lips curving. "Me too.." She says it so softly that I can't decide if she actually said it or if it is my mind playing games with me. But then she looks up at me with that smile of hers, with that spark in them.

What day is it? And in what month?
This clock never seemed so alive..

And that's all it takes to make me believe that this is truely just the beginning.

This was a long chapter but it needed to be done and I know not many of you are reading this story and even if you are, no one's really interested in commenting or interacting but HOLY SHIT I'M SMILING LIKE AN IDIOT THIS WAS SO BLOODY ADORABLE OH MY GOD AAAHHHHH! And I thought of a ship name, Tyssandra. I AM SO EXCITED!!! Lol I'm talking to myself.
- H <3

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

Lila Amaro D. Rossa द्वारा

आध्यात्मिक

258 4 6
Lila, ( Sanskrit: "play," "sport," "spontaneity," "drama" or God's dance) in Hinduism, a term that has several different meanings, most focusing in o...
28.9K 879 21
When she left for Hoenn, everyone thought she was heading there for contests. But they were wrong. She found a new passion: battling, and this allowe...
15 0 9
Ever think what if there is life after death? What if our life now is no more than simulation. What if the dreams that we have every night is our bra...
4.2K 309 3
hello guys... It's my another imagination based story with ashdeep ❤