The Arrangement Factor (ARRAN...

By author_zenia

Meet Sarah, 20 years, a sweet and tender-hearted young girl, who, despite facing the harshness of life, alway... More

A/N
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Epilogue
Epilogue 2
Important

Chapter 22

611 21 1
By author_zenia

Sarah's POV

When I woke up I saw the bedside table for time and it was already 7am. I got up hurried and threw my covers away and while wearing my slippers in half open eyes I ran straight in front of me. I was already late, mom is going to scold me for not making their breakfast and sleeping till late.

When I tried to find my bathroom door handle I touched some... cloth?? I opened my eyes confused as why is there a cloth hanging in place of my bathroom door. When I opened my eyes full, I saw it was the curtains in front of the window.

HUH???

What? Where am I? How has my room changed, I looked at the window and scratched the back of my head. My brain waking up and remembering what happened yesterday.

It was then I heard a voice, a voice that I had recently came to like at the same time feel hurt. "Sarah?" Alex said.

Then I remembered that I was in his room.

I turned and my eyes were fixed and widened on what I saw. Alex stood in front of his bathroom door wearing his suit pants only. His hair still wet and water dripping on his abs and perfectly shaped body. He was not only handsome but had such a defined body that can make anyone week at their knees. I had this strange feeling in my stomach seeing him half naked.

This made my mouth dry. I didn't realise I was staring at him until he spoke.

"Like what you see?" He had a hint of smirk and playfulness in his voice

"huh? n-no.. i.."

"You don't like what you seeing?" he asked again playfully and with a smirk on his lips

"N-no, I mean yes.. no.. I-I" I was stuttering as I don't know what to say, I was blushing out of embarrassment

"So, you like it?" he asked in same tone

"Yes.. no.. I-I.."

"Chill, I was just pulling you leg." he chuckled

He threw his towel in laundry basket and picked his shirt laid on a chair and wearing it he asked "Why were you running out of the window? Is one night with me that much to handle?" he smirked.

"No, I was ... (I was embarrassed to look at him so with reddening cheeks I looked down)... I thought I was in my room and I got up late and was running to bathroom so..."

"Oh okay..... you can rest all you want" He said chuckling

"No, even I wake up early I don't know why I slept this long today, I am sorry I'll get up early from tomorrow." I immediately said nervously 

As he is being sarcastic just like mom and would be angry because just yesterday I was the reason he had to break up with Emily and now I got late for preparing breakfast. It was not that late as mom always eats breakfast by 7.30/ 8 but since he is up early he would want breakfast also early.

"You're not late it's only (checking clock at bedside table)... 7 in the morning. I am usually up early but you don't need to. You can rest all you want." he said

Is he testing me like mom? or does he really mean that?

Anyways I can't take risk and have him angry at me first thing in the morning that to on my first day here.

"No, I am sorry I promise I'll be up earlier from tomorrow. I can go and prepare breakfast for you now." I said pleading not wanting him to be mad.

He came closer to me now fully dressed and picking up his suit jacket in his hands "Like I said I am an early riser, it doesn't mean you have to be. You can sleep all you want, without worries." he said with a softer tone this time and I think he is not testing me and really meant what he said.

"But your breakfast?" I hesitantly asked

"I usually don't eat breakfast or eat at office, and chef had already made my coffee, so all set I think." He said casually making he release a breath I didn't know I was holding all along.

"ohh okay." was all I said

"Listen, I am sorry but I need to go to the office today, it was an off I know but there is this new company from foreign and they are only available today. Hope you don't mind me leaving just after our marriage?" he said apologetically

"No-no it's ok, I know work is important." I said assuring. Also dad always said that work is way more important than anything. Moreover I don't want to anger him by stopping him or anything.

"Thank you." he said with a smile on his face.

He was walking out of the room when he stopped in his tracks and turned to me and asked "Will you go out on a dinner with me tonight."

"uhh, is it a business dinner or something?" I asked nervously as my father never takes me or mom out for dinner unless it is some business or something important like that.

If it was a business dinner then I need to find something good to wear because it will be my first dinner with his circle as his wife and he would want me to make a good impression on them and not embarrass him in front of others, like mom says I do for my father that's why they don't take me on work dinners and only she accompanies him.

"What? NO. Just you and me like a.. uh... couple?" He asked not sure of what to say.

Like a couple, just us?? Why would he take me out on a dinner and waste his money on me if its not a work related dinner? Shouldn't he be asking Emily?

This thought made me sad and I remembered last night and everything she said and what happened. He said he could never Love.

I realised I didn't reply him so he said "If you are not comfortable it's ok. I'll understand if you're still hurt because of yesterday and don't wanna talk to me. I just wanted to apologise to you properly." he said but his voice and face had a hint of sadness in it.

Was he sad that I don't want to go on dinner with him? But why will he be? He has so many people especially girls dying to go on a dinner with him then why would he want me in the first place to go out with him?

"No, I didn't mean that. I'll come." I said smiling at him, I can't see him upset and I don't even know why. And as I told you already I can't say no to people and no way I can make anyone sad or upset. I hate it when people are sad because of me.

He smiled at me with joy in his eyes and said in a cheerful voice "Okay then, be ready by 8 I'll pick you up from estate?"

I smiled at him and nodded. Seeing him smile make me want to smile.

Then he left for his office and I went into the bathroom and did my morning routine and got ready. Since I took few days off from college, because I thought it would be easy to settle down first and unpack. But most of my things were already unpacked and arranged in closets, drawers and shelves which were not much as I only keep things that are of use and I don't like wasting money.

I went downstairs to cook breakfast for me, Eli and William. But when I entered kitchen Eli was already sitting at one of the kitchen counters and ordering 3 or 4 people who were running around as per her instructions. It looked like she was controlling them by strings like puppets.

"Good morning Eli" I said to her smiling at her

She turned around and on seeing me she stood from her stool and came to me and hugged me. "A very good morning to you too Sarah. How are you feeling now?"

"Good.,, Can I help with something?" I asked as I don't know what they all eat and what they liked in breakfast.

"No dear everything is done, come and have breakfast with me." she said

"But I can help them cook." I don't want to eat like a freebee without working for it. Mom always said that I should not take anything for free from anyone, not even my father. I should work and earn the things first to deserve them, which usually I don't.

"Nonsense, why would you when the breakfast is ready and it's your first day in the house, there is no way I am letting you work." She said I wanted to argue and ask for any kind of work I could help with but she cut me off.

"I heard you are going for dinner with Alex."

"Yes. But..." I said blushing

"But what dear?" she asked concerned "Are you upset at Alex for whatever happened yesterday?"

"No, I mean I was upset yesterday but not at him. That is done and we can do nothing about it. Also, I am sorry for ruining the party." I said feeling bad for running the reception by crying like a baby and for ruining Alex's relationship with Emily. They both seemed really close.

"Shut up now. You didn't ruin anything. Whatever happened was not your fault." she then got up from her stool and hugged me. And I hugged her back because I needed someone to hold me and tell me that I am not all alone and she did just that.

"Now tell me what's the problem with the date?"

"I.. uh.. I have never been on a date before" I said hiding my face in her chest as we were still hugging.

"What!?" she shouted and pulled me back to look at my face and I looked at the ground hiding.

"You have never been on a date?? Not even once??" I shook my head in no

"What about high school??" I shook my head no. I wanted to tell her that I had no friend in high school and there was no way any boy would talk to me. Rather they made fun of me and said that nobody would date a loser and geek like me.

"You mean you never had a boyfriend either?" not speaking anything I again shook my head still looking at the ground.

"Oh baby!" she said hugging me again. I don't know if she was sad for me? but her voice didn't sounded sad.

"I have a perfect dress for you, we will try it after the breakfast."

"But I already have so many dresses and I..."

"No, I am not listening to you, we are trying that dress and that's final. After all it's your first date, I am sure you want to wear something new."

I just blushed and looked at my plate. I have never been on any date before. Alex may have taken so many women and his girlfriend on so many dates, which broke my heart a little, but I can't blame him its not his fault that he is handsome and so many women want him.

So, I decided not to argue with Eli because I don't even know what to wear on a date. And I wanted to impress him because the dresses I have are not the ones other girls he hangs out with would ever wear.

After the breakfast Eli came into my room with the dress. It was such a beautiful dress that I don't even know how to thank her for this.

She insisted on me trying it out and it fitted me perfectly. All my curves and body shape was clearly visible through the body hugging dress but it looked like it was made to fit me.

But it seemed expensive and I can't take it from Eli especially after she gave me breakfast and not let me do any work the whole day and I have not forgot the expensive wedding gift she gave.

"Eli, it's beautiful but I can't accept it."

"Sarah dear but I got this for you specially."

"Eli, I can't take it please. I don't.." she did not let me complete it.

"Sarah there is no way I am letting my daughter go on her first date looking anything less than a princess."

Daughter?? I knew she is good person, no scratch that she is a great person but she called me her daughter, when it's not even a day  to the marriage. And all that she is doing for me is just too much. This brought tears in my eyes. I don't deserve this, I am not a person to be loved. I hope she doesn't hate me later like everyone does.

I was hesitant in taking the dress so she said again

"When I saw this dress first, you were all I thought of and how good you would look in it. And you are looking even more beautiful in reality. Please take it, I insist."

I couldn't argue with her anymore so she gave me the dress.

Since I don't know how to dress for a date I asked Eli to help me get ready and she was happy to do so.

I wore the dress she gave me and paired it with some gold jewellery and black heels. While Eli did my makeup for the date.

Now it's time for Alex to arrive.

****

Hope you liked the chapter.

Please do Vote, Comment and Share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.3K 1.7K 62
Gracie is now the CEO of the multimillion-dollar company she built from scratch. To take her revenge on her uncle, who ruined her life, a business ty...
139K 4.1K 42
{WARNING: This story contains mature content. For mature audience and open minded people only. Read at your own risk} Arranged in a marriage of...
272K 10K 35
Please vote and comment! My goal is at least 2k likes and 100 comments :) This story is as realistic as life gets. Please enjoy it, it is my first st...
3.7K 247 41
All is fair in love, war and Business. Is it though? Grace never had it easy when it came to life. First she had to deal with her parents trying rip...