The Arrangement Factor (ARRAN...

By author_zenia

Meet Sarah, 20 years, a sweet and tender-hearted young girl, who, despite facing the harshness of life, alway... More

A/N
Characters
Important
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Epilogue
Epilogue 2

Chapter 19

700 26 0
By author_zenia

Daniel's POV

The Reynolds left both in their cars and there were just Mia and me left standing outside.

I saw she was angry and looking at the gate. She was hurt about her friend, I could see how much she cared for her.

Then I realised that there is only my car parked, I think she came by cab or with Sarah.

"Hey, it was a heck of a day. Do you fancy a drink?" I asked in a cheerful tone to lighten her mood.

She looked at me with questioned and angry look and said "No thanks" 

"Common, I know that your mood is bad and you don't even have a ride home. Why not let me take you home we have a drink and relax a bit."

"I said I am good. I'll call a cab you don't need to wait you can go." She said angrily.

"Look I know you are upset with me, but it's late and you won't get a cab right know."

"Look I am not upset with you, I am just concerned for my friend."

"And there's nothing better than a few drinks to cheer up your mood." I said a little more cheerful to lighten the mood.

"Okay, but only because you said the word 'drinks'." She said a little relaxed now.

We got to my car and went straight to my bar.

We drank for 2 hours and I think she was totally wasted. I know she is upset but it didn't look like it was because of Sarah. It felt like she was hurt herself, but what hurt her so much?

I had this feeling to know who hurt her and have him know that what happens to a person who even thinks of hurting her. But I had never felt this way for anyone especially for a girl. Why was she so different and why I wanted to know her more or want to see her happy??

Alex's POV

I was happy that Sarah chose to come back with me. I don't know what I would have done if she didn't. It's not like I would have forced her into anything, but I would have surely put up a fight if that was what it would take to get her with me.

She was looking outside of the window the whole ride and didn't even try to talk. I have hurt her a lot and there was no way she would forgive me easily. I wanted to talk to her tell her how sorry I was, but I thought against it because I know now was not the right time. And she needed rest.

But I couldn't stop staring at her every now and then. I was really scared when Mia said that she will be taking Sarah with her. I don't want to lose her, and because of the quietness it felt unreal that she was here and chose to come with me.

I still don't know why she decided to come with me, but I can't be more happy about it. It's not like I would have stopped her if she wanted to go with Mia. But it would have broken my heart and I don't know what I would have done in that moment.

When we reached the estate I got out of my side and walked to her side to open her door, but she was already stepping out of the car herself.

She was struggling to step out because of her gown and she had stumble before when she tried getting off the bed, so I held my hand in front of her for support. Which she looked at then at me but, took it without any word.

We were walking toward the door, she stumbled because of the heels she was wearing. I think her feet must be hearting by now from all the dance and she must be week because of everything that she went through.

So I just picked her up bridal style.

She gasped and looked at me with a questioning look and said in a very low and sweet voice which can bring anyone on their knees "I can walk, please put me down."

Even at this moment she did not once raised her voice or shown any anger against me. Is she not angry with me or does she have nothing to do with me? No, I can't let that happen, I want her to be with me even if angry because if she closes off from me I will not be able to handle that.

I would have done anything if she had asked me at the moment with those doe eyes and sweet voice, but right now she needed help and I was not letting her go.

"This is called Bridal style for a reason Sarah." I smiled at her.

She just looked at me not returning my smile which she usually does and didn't say anything so I clarified.

"It's tradition for the groom to pick up his bride and carry her across the threshold of their new life together."

She nodded and looked away but held her arms around my neck for support.

If the situation was different it would have be a romantic moment between us, for me it still is but I don't know what she is thinking. It was the most close I have ever had her, and now I don't want her to go away. I was happy with this close proximity of her.

We went to my room and I slowly and carefully placed her on the bed.

"Your stuff is already picked and placed inside the closet and everything else is also arranged. You can freshen in this bathroom while I go and change in one of the guest room."

She just nodded and I went into the closet took my change of clothes and left the room.

I could have taken her to my penthouse but I brought her here mainly because of two reasons. First, that the penthouse was a reminder of my old life which I want no where near me ever again and it was empty. Second, I think she would be more comfortable with mom around especially after what happened today.

I had changed and I went back to my room. Sarah was not there so I think she would still be in the bathroom.

I sat on my side of bed and slipped under the covers and started doing some work on my laptop. Sarah came out of the closet, dressed in her nightwear. She looked so cute in that pink nigh suit of her just like cotton candy, which I was craving right now. I smiled looking at her because she is so cute.

Sarah's Nightsuit

She did not return me this time again and quietly sat on her side facing the opposite of me that her back was in front of me.

I wanted to apologies and explain myself that we are finally alone, because I can't let her sleep thinking that her husband is a jerk.

"Sarah I am really sorry for whatever happened. Emily was drunk and..."

She didn't let me complete my apology "It's okay, it's not like you own me any explanation. Like I said the day we met, I will not interfere in your life. I know it was an arranged marriage and none of us wanted it. So, y-you can do... whatever you like,...n-no questions asked."

She said it like she doesn't care, but I know she does, I know her voice is breaking and she must be trying hard not to cry.

But I don't know how to tell her that I would like to apologies to her even if it means me begging her to forgive me. I would like to hug her tight and tell her that it's alright, everything is going to be alright. I would like to tell her that there is nobody else than her who I would like to be with.

But she was not ready to hear any of it, so I decided that I will wait for her. Even if it means waiting an eternity, I will happily do. But I will make it up to her.

She slipped into the covers and moved to the furthest corner of the bed, if she moved even an inch I am sure she will fall. She lied facing the other side so that her back was towards me.

She doesn't want to see me which I completely understand, but I want her to be with me. At least she is in my room in my bed and I can't wish for more given the circumstance though I want more a lot more with her. I want everything with her.

I know she is not comfortable with me since its arranged marriage and she must not want anything physical yet and there is no way I was going to force her with anything. I saw how she closed her eyes and scared she was at the alter when we had to kiss. I could have offered her a separate room, but due to my selfishness of wanting to be near her and I wanted to make sure that she was okay I didn't offer a separate room. If we can't be physical its fine with me but I am not letting her away from me ever.

I lied looking at her back wanting to hold her close. But I kept my hands to myself just looking at her. Then I heard her sniffle and saw her back move a little. Is she crying? FUCK!! Fuck me for making her night the worst. I wanted her to remember this day as the best day of her life even though this marriage was not her choice. But I never wanted her to be sad or cry on her special day. I am the worst husband for her who could not even protect her given few hours in the wedding.

Sarah's POV

After waking up everything seemed distant from me, like it was a dream I was watching from afar. But it was not a dream it was a nightmare that was actually my reality. I was numb I had no tears coming right now. So I went to bathroom to change and have a cold shower to feel something.

When Alex lifted me up and said "It's tradition for the groom to pick up his bride and carry her across the threshold of their new life together." I really wanted to be happy at that but I know I can't because that was not out of love but because I was his responsibility or rather I should say his burden now. I realised that he was the one who picked me up when I fainted back in the hall because I smelled his intoxicating smell of forest and violet which apparently I came to like.

I got off the cold shower and went to room, there I saw him already sitting on the bed and working on his laptop. He was really a handsome man, no wonder all the girls wanted to with him. Too bad I can never be the one he wants to be with.

I just went to the bed and sat as away as possible because if he tried to touch me tonight I could not handle it, because I was not ready for it and after all that happened I don't think I could do that. I always wanted my marriage and first time to be out of love and not like this.

When he tried to explain I cut him because I could not hear him say anything. I know this is arranged marriage and he has nothing to do with me. I don't want to hear it from him so I said it instead. Now I was feeling like a fool who dreamed of a happy life.

I lied farthest from him and I was thinking about everything that went in my life in the past week from me being happy to start my college to being forced to get married by my parents and to thinking that I may have a chance with my husband when he cared and brought the dress for me until later the day when reality rubbed in my face.

I didn't realise that I was crying until I felt my pillow wet and a sob left my mouth. I immediately covered my mouth as I don't want to disturb him or think that I am a mess that he need to take care of. Or worse, I was scared if he turned out to be like my mother and would slap me for being so pathetic and weak for crying.

I cried the whole night till I fell asleep thinking how my life has changed now. My whole life would be different and I am only 19 who is married to a stranger, who would never love me. I found that my parents do not care about me even if I die. And because of all this I also lost my only friend who I was comfortable with after Mia.

Welcome to my life, No Love No Friendship.

All Alone!

****

(A/N: Guys since some of you messaged me to continue with Mia and Daniel's story so I am adding their parts as well from here on.)

(A/N: sorry for adding so many different POVs in this chapter but they were necessary to explain the situation from all of their view.)

I hope you like it.

***

Hope you liked the chapter.

Please do Vote, Comment and Share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

273K 10K 35
Please vote and comment! My goal is at least 2k likes and 100 comments :) This story is as realistic as life gets. Please enjoy it, it is my first st...
2.5M 143K 91
After a hot-headed playboy billionaire stands her up for a career-making interview, blogger Sweet vows to ruin his reputation. The only catch? It req...
1.1M 19.8K 18
18 years old Amelia has always found life to be extremely tough, ever since she was conceived and left at the door step of an orphanage called Madiso...
38.1K 1.7K 62
Gracie is now the CEO of the multimillion-dollar company she built from scratch. To take her revenge on her uncle, who ruined her life, a business ty...