The Arrangement Factor (ARRAN...

By author_zenia

Meet Sarah, 20 years, a sweet and tender-hearted young girl, who, despite facing the harshness of life, alway... More

A/N
Characters
Important
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Epilogue
Epilogue 2

Chapter 11

789 30 4
By author_zenia

Sarah's POV

When we got home I went to my room and there was this smile on my face. I was so anxious about the Reynolds and how would they treat me. But after meeting them I am relieved that they are nice people and they seem to like me also.

Eli is very friendly and understanding she also asked for my opinions on the wedding planning which I am happy because it felt like my opinion mattered to her. Not like my mom who is always demanding and ordering me never hearing me out.

And Alex, he is sooooo handsome Oh My God!!!!! just thinking about him brings flush to my cheeks. I can never imagine someone so handsome can be my husband (soon to be I know).

He is also very sweet and supportive. The way he spoke to my mother when she commented on my figure my heart just melt. Like there was anything left to melt but still whatever was left melted away and its all his now.

I am sitting on my bed all changed and admiring the ring, its a beautiful ring and I rub my thumb on it. He said that this is a family heirloom meaning it's antique and precious, and most important and exciting part it contains history.

This ring would have been on so many hands and would have witnessed so many weddings, it would be containing so many generations of love. I am so eager to know it all, even if I can never know the stories I am delighted that I got to touch and wear such a great and important jewel. It's priceless not only in terms of money but also in terms of emotions and history attached to it.

Admiring the ring my smile fell and the reality hit me hard and I was crying. I realised how my entire life will change now that I am engaged and soon I will be married to a man I don't know at all though he seemed nice but it all can be a facade just like my parents put in front of others. Surely no one wants to show their real self in first meeting especially not before the marriage.

I never got a chance to live my life according to my wishes as I had to always obey my parents. And now for once I felt like everything was going good, I got my admission in college and I made so many friends who like me. But all this will change now when I am married to someone I don't know apart from his name. What if he doesn't let me go to college? What if he forces himself on me on the first night? I am not ready for all of this, I have never even kissed anyone how can I give myself to a stranger?

I cry louder but block my screams by the pillow because I am not allowed to cry or be heard by my parents.

***

I woke up with red eyes and did my morning routine. Now I am getting ready for college. I was all ready and picking up my bag using my left hand when I noticed the ring.

I realised that I have to go to the college and I have not told anyone about the marriage, not even Mia and after seeing the ring on my hand they are gonna ask so many questions.

What should I do? Do I remove the ring only for the time I am in college?? No, I can't do that what if I lose it or forget where I kept it safe? And I don't really wanna remove my engagement ring from my hand.

(A/N: it happens with me a lot, I keep things safe so that I don't lose them and then they are the only thing that I end up loosing.)

Should I just wear it to college? No, because I don't have the answers to the questions Mia and others would be asking. Also, I don't even know what Reynolds wants to say to others about this marriage. I don't even know if Alex wants me to tell people that I am his wife or keep it a secret?

WHAT DO I DOOOO!!!!

Then this idea struck me and I picked up the First Aid box from the bathroom racks and applied some bandage around my ring and smallest finger. If anybody asks I'll just say that I got burnt while cooking. YES! I am proud of your brain, Sarah what an idea.

I walked to my college and as always I went there 1 hour early. As I was entering the gates I saw a familiar car, I have seen this car come to college daily but I have never seen anyone getting out of it, maybe someone comes to drop their friend or girlfriend. And since it has black and tinted windows I am not able to look who's in the car.

I tried walking towards the car but Mia called me from inside. And I think the car drove off as soon as I turned and entered the building. Who was it really? It felt odd as if someone was watching me? I went towards Mia leaving the thought behind.

I hugged Mia as I was happy seeing her, she is the only person that can comfort me but I can't tell her the truth right now. Mia asked about the bandage while we were sitting on our table in the cafe.

I tell you this girl is Sherlock Holmes, she knows everything and I can't hide anything from her. She knows when I am lying, when I am sad and pretending to be happy and now she is suspicious about the bandage. But I had to convince her that its a burnt finger and nothing else.

Just to convince her that it was an injury, I had to tell her about how my parents doesn't keep much house-help at home and I am the one responsible for the three meals. While telling her some part of my life I end up telling her everything. Told you she's Sherlock. uhhh!!

At least the truth of the story got her convinced for now, but I can see her eyeing me and my hand every now and then. I hope I get away with this till I talk to Alex or Eli about what they want me to tell others.

I do not like lying to anyone especially my only best friend, but I have no clue what to tell her. So, just for the time being I am hiding the truth from her and not lie as much as I could.

After the college I had to go to Reynolds house as Eli wants my opinion on venue and decoration for the wedding. And that's why I had to leave college early and could not meet my friends which is good because I don't have to lie to them. Also, I don't want to keep Eli waiting or make her upset and I don't know if they know about my college or would they allow me attending my college. I hope they let me continue after marriage. I would hate it and be extremely sad if I had to leave my college.

They sent a car at my house to pick me up and I reached at their house. Eli was already waiting for me at the door and we went in and she started showing me different venues and decorations. It was 3 hour and we have decided most of the things but there were still things left, the catering, colour theme, etc.

I liked Eli so much, she was easy going and she asked for my opinion on all the things and considered it. She is the exact opposite of my mother, she is the mother I always wanted who would listen to my opinion and correct me if I make any mistakes.

We finalised that we were going to have decoration with real flowers and it would be the minimalistic form. The guest was the duty of our fathers so that was done for us and the venue would also be their duty as per guests count.

I am happy I got to meet Eli, the circumstances may not be what I wanted but she is a really lovely person. She is already my favourite at least I would not have to worry about her liking me, as she has already told me that she likes me. She is the second person after Mia who said they like me. I think at least I would have one friend in this house and not be lonely like I am at mine.

***

3 days got past in a blur while me attending college then visiting Eli and finalising the wedding and everything.

I have not seen my friends much in these last 4 days, as I am usually in a hurry to reach home before Eli's driver does and I don't even have a phone to text them.

I guess I'll apologies to them after the wedding and tell them the news. Hope they don't get mad.

I asked Eli what they would like to tell others about the wedding, she said she doesn't bother what I want to tell others. I can even tell the truth if the person I am telling means a lot to me. I told her about Mia and that she is my only best friend.

But I don't think I should tell them all this is a business agreement especially Mia, because she will do anything in her power to get me out of it and I don't want her involved with my father as he can get us both out of the college and not let anyone hire us thereafter. And I have still not talked to Alex and what he wants to tell others about us. So, I guess till then I am not telling anyone.

I need to talk to Alex soon as I really want Mia to attend my wedding wether arranged or not.

The wedding was in few days and I have yet not bought my wedding dress. Eli wanted to get one for me, but I can't let her spend so much money on me. And anyways I don't want to bother her. So, I had no other option left but to be accompanied by my mother to the mall.

YEAHH!! Wedding shopping with mom. (note the sarcasm).

****

Hope you liked the chapter.

Please do Vote, Comment and Share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

275K 7.7K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...
104K 2.1K 46
Nora Rodriguez, The first born daughter,the responsible child,who is forced to put her siblings before herself.The daughter who's dad left a long tim...
87.7K 2.2K 20
When up-and-coming fashion mogul Luna learns her company is on the brink of financial ruin, she strikes a business deal with self-made billionaire co...
3.4M 94.9K 67
"Stay away from me I'm not the man for you understand" how did this change to this "I can't live without her", read to figure out this one of a kind...