Neptunia: Merc's Involvement

By XxFlame_HazedxX

What started out as a simple meet and greet with the CPUs would end up turning into a large scale adventure. ... More

Introduction Notice
Character Info
Chapter 1: Prologue
Chapter 2: The Planeptune Struggle Finale
Chapter 3: The Planeptune Basilicom
Chapter 4: The Gamindustri Tour Begins
Chapter 6: Leanbox - Day One
Chapter 7: Leanbox - A Viral Situation
Chapter 8: Leanbox - The Concert
Chapter 9: Leanbox - The Machine
Chapter 10: Leanbox - CFW Judge
Chapter 11: Leanbox - The Finale
Chapter 12: Lowee, Land of White Serenity
Chapter 13: Lowee - Rom's Uncertainty
Chapter 14: Lowee - Gaining Trust
Chapter 15: Lowee - Degradation
Chapter 16: Lowee - Share Collecting
Chapter 17: Lowee - Kidnapped
Chapter 18: Lowee - Controlled
Chapter 19: Lowee - Getting The Twins Back
Chapter 20: Lowee - The Finale
Chapter 21: Lastation - Back Home
Chapter 22: Lastation - Morning Routine
Chapter 23: Lastation - Avoidance
Chapter 24: Lastation - The Visit
Chapter 25: Lastation - An Errand
Chapter 26: Lastation - Confrontation
Chapter 27: Lastation - Night of Fate
Chapter 28: Lastation - Kei's Words
Chapter 29: Lastation - The Finale
Chapter 30: Planeptune - Hangout with Nep
Chapter 31: Planeptune - Somber Mood
Chapter 32: Planeptune - The Villain's Plan
Chapter 33: Planeptune - A Situation
Chapter 34: Planeptune - The Graveyard
Chapter 35: Planeptune - Taken Over
Chapter 36: Planeptune - The Castle
Chapter 37: Planeptune - The Finale
Chapter 38: Final Act - Awakening
Chapter 39: Final Act - Dread
Chapter 40: Final Act: The Battle Within
Chapter 41: Final Act - First Blood
Chapter 42: Final Act - The Fall Out
Chapter 43: Final Act - Four Days
Chapter 44: Final Act - Past Memories
Chapter 45: Final Act - Resurrection
Chapter 46: Final Act - The Prelude
Chapter 47: Final Act - The Last Clash
Chapter 48: Conclusion

Chapter 5: Leanbox, Land of Green Pastures

288 5 3
By XxFlame_HazedxX

'Ugh. Kill me now.' Thought the boy.

Alex was still being flown to Leanbox by Green Heart.

On the way there, Green Heart would fly away from the mainland and now flew over the ocean as Alex looked down with a uneasy and worried expression on his face.

Green Heart noticed the boy's discomforted expression.

'Must be scared of heights.' She thought as she began to lower herself closer towards the water.

As she did this, Alex began to panic.

"H-Hey what the hell are you doing!? Go back up! Back up!" He shouted.

"H-Huh? I saw the look on your face. Aren't you afraid of heights?" Asked Green Heart.

"H-Huh!? No of course not I'm afraid of the ocean! Now please go back up I'm begging you!" He pleaded.

"O-Okay okay calm down." Said the goddess as she immediately went back up to the altitude she was previously flying at as Alex breathed a sigh of relief.

[TimeSkip: Arrival at Leanbox]

Although it wasn't as futuristic as Planeptune, Leanbox still proved to be a very modern-looking town.

Wherever he turned, Alex would see corporate buildings, warehouses, skyscrapers, and other typical urban structures.

The most noticeable aspect about this town was a colossal white structure with black streaks filled with green light in the middle of its perpendicular sides, which ended on a green circle in between.

This massive structure towered over everything else, and could probably be easily seen from anywhere on Leanbox.

Another thing that caught Alex's attention was that Leanbox seemed to have two "layers" or "floors".

The lower one was where all the urban structures and industrial areas were, while the upper area was composed of large roads that went all over the town and many lines of smaller structures.

Alex assumed this "upper area" was probably a series of residential districts where the richest people lived in, all connected by the roads that travelled all over town and led to the lower area.

The houses didn't seem that big or luxurious though, so they were probably more affordable than what he assumed.

"Are you impressed?" Said Vert as she turned to face the boy, noticing that he had been looking around in awe.

"Y-Yeah I am. I've only ever seen pictures of the other nations since I rarely leave Lastation. It's so amazing to really be here in Leanbox for the first time." Said Alex with a smile.

"Well i'm glad my lovely nation has given such a great first impression. Now then let's not waste any more time! We're close to where you'll be staying throughout your visit. " Said Leanbox's CPU before turning back around.

After a bit of walking, the two had stopped outside a mansion as Alex looked at it with a widened eyes.

He had never seen a real mansion in all of his life before, at least not in person.

Unlike the other modern buildings in Leanbox, this one retained a more classical design. It was two floors high, in a spot surrounded by a small green yard.

The only negative was that it had a great view of the Ocean.

"Is, this the Leanbox Basilicom?" Asked the boy as Vert nodded before walking into the building.

Alex followed Vert into the building as they walked through a long hallway before stopping in front of a room.

She then opened the door as the two of them entered.

When inside, Alex saw many figures of what seemed to be characters from videogames or probably anime.

Some of them were placed over a small night table while others were inside glass shelves.

There were also a few pictures of either nearly naked males or two males getting friendly with each other, although calling it "friendly" was a bit of an understatement.

'I-I don't feel comfortable here.' Thought Alex, unsure how to feel at the moment.

"This is my room, where I spend most of the time. What do you think about it?" Asked Vert.

As she faced him and asked him for his opinion, Alex tried to keep his mind in check as he focused on finding something to say.

"I-It's um..............okay, I guess?" He said awkwardly.

As he took another look around it, Alex noticed that if you ignored the awfully uncomfortable feeling of seeing images of naked men all over the place, the room was actually quite nice.

There was a large plasma TV with a confortable green couch with golden trims in front of it, and on the other edge of the room there was a pinewood desk with a powerful PC set up on it with three flat screen monitors.

"I'm glad you think so" Said Vert with a smile, then closed her eyes and made a thoughtful expression "For some reason, the other goddesses don't seem to like my room that much"

"O-Oh really? I uh, can't see why." He said with a forced smile.

"Indeed..." said Vert as thought about it for a moment, but soon brushed the issue aside and looked at Alex once more "Oh well, I guess it can't be helped."

"Big Sister!"

After hearing a voice behind him, the young boy turned around and saw a someone entering the room with a gleeful expression.

It was a light skinned woman with almond-red eyes, and very long, mint colored hair worn in a high ponytail with a black and green twin-bow piece with a few bangs and long curls of hair framing her face.

She wore a revealing black dress with long boots and gloves that ended at her wrists, along with a black neck piece with a white sphere in the center that had a small green x in the center and two small pieces of purple cloth.

On her hips, she had black ribbon-cloth segments with longer cloth pieces dangling from both sides with green sparkled coloring inside.

Lastly, the skirt was practically non-existent on the dress, with a simple cloth being the only thing covering her lower area.

"Big Sister Vert! I heard you finally returned from Planeptune!" Said the girl as she held up a game with an image of yet even more men getting it on except that this time they were dressed as buttlers.

"Let's play some-."

Before the girl could finish speaking, she slowly turned to face Alex.

"Eh?" She said while her expression went from glee to confusion.

The two of them looked at each other for a moment or two in an awkward silence until Vert stood next to Alex and looked at the girl as well.

"Good Afternoon Chika." Said Vert revealing the girl's name.

Upon seeing Vert, her expression suddenly lightened up again.

"Big Sister Vert! I'm glad to see you back!" Excitedly said Chika.

"Seriously now, I just left for a few hours." Said Vert as if she were dealing with a clingy daughter or younger sister.

"Who is this child?" Asked Chika as she pointed at Alex.

"Oh, this is Alex Mustang. He's a mercenary that's gonna be helping the people of Leanbox for the next three weeks." Said Vert as Chika nodded in agreement.

"Alright I understand." She said before turning around to face Alex with a more welcoming expression.

"My name is Chika Hakozaki, Leanbox's Oracle. It might not be for long, but I hope you enjoy your stay." She said.

"I will. It's an honor to be here in Leanbox." Said Alex.

Vert looked out at the window and noticed the sun was setting as she turned to face Alex.

"It's getting pretty late. Since you completed a decent amount of quests earlier today, I'm sure you're still pretty well spent right?" Asked Vert.

Although Alex wanted to deny it and immediately get to work, he knew that he was still a little exhausted from earlier and knew that getting to work immediately would only strain himself.

With that, Alex nodded as Vert smiled before looking at Chika.

"Chika, since you're already here could you do something for me?" Asked Vert.

Chika turned around to face Vert with sparkling eyes in just a split second.

"Anything for you, Big Sister!" She excitedly said.

"Would you be kind enough to escort Alex to his room?" Said Vert.

"Of course, just leave it to me." Replied Chika.

"Are you gonna be busy Lady Vert?" Asked Alex while looking at her.

"Please Alex, just Vert is okay. Also, yes I will. There are some important matters at hand for me to deal with. Don't worry. Tommorow we'll have you get to work." She said with a smile.

"Okay. I can't wait." Said the boy with an enthusiastic smile as Chika called for his attention.

"Come on now. I'll take you to your room." She said.

Alex nodded and followed Chika out of the room and through the hallways.

During the walk, Alex noticed Chika seemed somewhat bothered.

He assumed that she probably had wanted to spend some more time with Vert rather than having to escort him around, but the Leanbox CPU probably had large amounts of work to do and judging by the way she spoke about it, it was probably something very important as well.

'I wonder what Vert's gonna be busy with? Probably some important nation stuff.' Thought Alex.

After a few minutes, they finally stopped in front of a door as Chika then turned around and looked at Alex.

"Here it is." She said as she opened the door.

Both of them walked into the room and looked around it.

It was a spacious, elegant looking room with a dresser, a bookshelf, a wide double bed with white blankets and a small night table on the side with a white limestone top and a golden trim.

There was also a wooden desk with an already set up desktop computer on it.

"If you excuse me, I have to go back to work." Said Chika as she headed towards the door, but not before looking at him one more time.

"If there's anything you need, feel free to call for one of the maids." She said as she left the room.

After she left, Alex turned around and looked at the now closed door for a moment or two before turning around again and looking at his room.

He then walked around it for a bit to get more used to what would be his personal space for the next three weeks.

"Well, with it being sundown and me still being tired, I guess I'll call it a night already." He said to himself while looking out the window and seeing the setting sun get lower and lower on the horizon.

The boy lifted the blanket as he laid down in bed, covering himself with the blanket before sighing to himself.

He closed his eyes and slept, ready for what tommorow had in store.

--------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 5: Complete

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 326 42
You the reader are the descendant of Son Goku and you're fighting against Beerus the destroyer when your attacks meet causing an explosion powerful e...
121K 2.1K 35
(Sequel to this story in the works! Vote for it if you wish to see it) Hello to all my glorious fans. This is my World of Hyperdimension Neptunia. I'...
12K 348 48
[This is it's own story involving the following franchises: FullMetal Alchemist, Neptunia, and Honkai Impact 3rd. Only things I own is my OC and the...
53.5K 399 26
after the accident of Noire and she totally recovered, some goddess suddenly feel fall in love with a stranger of the dimension. But, she find anothe...