The Wanderer

Por Bloodline_Xox236

Asteria, a young, 16 year old girl who woke up with no memories of herself. She has a hard time remembering s... Más

Asteria
Treehouse
Trust Too Easily
Can Of Peanuts
Make An Enemy Into Your Friend
King Of Snakes
Mechanical Heart
Electric Love
Harmonize
The Royal Blacksmiths
New Roomate
The Power Within
All Or Nothing
The Great Devourer
Giant Snake Problem
Fall Of The Great Devourer
What You Have Is What You Need
Dareth
There Be Pirates
Pirates Versus Ninja
The Cake Is A Lie
Double Trouble
Ninjaball Run
Child's Play
Wrong Place
Wrong Time
Unresolved Wounds
Stone Army Uprising
Voyage To Sea
Lighthouse In The Storm
Preparation
Lights That Shine In A Dark Place
Countdown
Dawn Of A New Era
Resurgence
Silent Fist
Off The Grid
Broken Bonds
Golden Curse
Digitalize
Sibling Bond
Among The Stars
The Two Losses
The Unknown Element
Off The Island
One Can Remain
Stuck In The Present
The Visit
Where Paths Collide
Follow The Wind
Stiix
The Temple
Onto Cloud Kingdom!
Morro
Kidnapped
Curse World
Fame? Or Frame?
Public Enemy
Return Of Sky Pirates
The Island
Escape
A Last Resort
The Wish
The Encounter
Cyrus Borg
Zane
Ed & Edna
The Attack
The Sewers
The Swamp
Gone
The Palace
Serpentine Child
Samurai X
Found
The Quiet One
Resurrection
Garmadon
Oni And Dragons
Lost
Dragon
Power
Heavy Metal
Chased
Captured
FirstBorne
Home
The Black Cloud
Oni
The Proposal
Lazying Around
The New Enemy
Serpentine History
Sacrifice
Farewell, For Now
Never Realm
Fire-Maker
Traveller's Tree
The Land Bounty
Returning
Prime Empire
New Friend
I Am Okino!
Dance-Off
Speedway
Final Keytana
Unagami
Shintaro
Princess Vania
Failed Rescue
Story Of The Two Blades
Fight For Love
Grief Bringer
The Dragonoid Form
Father's Day
Twitchy Tim
Island Of The Keepers
The Gift
Uncontrollable Water
The Signal
Under The Sea
Recharging The Battery
The Merlopians
Benthomaar's Story
The Storm Amulet
Ninjago City
The Goodbyes
Home
Saving Nya
Freeing The Ninja
The Oni Form
Harbor
The End Of The Overlord
Reunited
Land Of The Three Mountains
Crossroads Carnival
Kai And Nya
Cloud Kingdom
Imperium
Dragon Power
The Temple
ArraKore
Golem
Hoarder
The Empress
Only The Beginning
Chronosteel
The Mechanic, Again
The Cook-Off
Nightmares
Battle At Cloud Kingdom
Visions

Starting From The Bottom

279 8 0
Por Bloodline_Xox236

"Finally, all fixed up and Serpentine free" Cole said as he, Jay and Zane helped put a sign post outside the subway back into place.

I swept the sidewalk and road cleaning up the last bit of the unknown green goo while Lloyd picked up litter and trash.

Thanks to Ninjago's citizens making a group effort the city is looking better than before the serpent's awakening.

Kai grumbled aloud "This is frustrating. Our weapons are gone, and most of all our elemental powers are gone. I mean, we can still do spinjitzu but...Argh!" He groaned attempting to summon power to weld the sign into place.

His fire power flickered unable to ignite a flame. I frowned.

Kai sighed "I just feel so, I don't know, limited. And thanks to the Devourer, our tanks out of commission, our Dragon's hurt, and now that the Bounty is destroyed, we don't even have a place to sleep."

Zane took off his welding mask "No one ever said being a hero is easy. Though our good deeds may never make us rich, they make us rich in other ways."

I noticed Lloyd looking down at his hands as he clutched the trash bag tightly. I took my phone out and opened to the Home Screen. I handed my phone to Lloyd to have him play some games.

He sat down on the sidewalk as he stared at the screen while I took his trash bag to throw away.

"Yeah, well I don't feel rich..." Kai replied looking down.

Jay knelt down picking up a broken tv. "I for one enjoy pitching in" he said as he brought it over to the trash can. Opening the lid allowing Jay to throw it in, I discarded Lloyd's trash bag.

"I've always wanted to feel part of a community. Speaking of which, anyone seen Nya? She said she was going to help" he asked, looking around for the girl in red.

"And I have" Nya replied and I looked seeing she was riding her motorcycle with Wu riding in a side car attachment drinking his tea. "I may have found us a place to live." She smiled holding up a card.

"Really? But there's a waiting list a mile long to live in Ninjago City. How did you do that?" Jay asked. Nya smiled as she handed over a business card.

"I know a guy, who knows a girl, and she knows this girl who knows a guy. Well, this guy knows a girl who's a real estate agent and she can help you find a place, if you catch my drift" Nya explained and I looked at the card that Jay held.

He glanced up at Nya "And where are you off to?" He asked her and Wu.

"We have to find a couple components to fix the ninja tank, and my dragon ointment has finally arrived" Wu explained. "It's a day trip, but once we get back, he'll be flying once again."

"Also, I love scenic drives." Wu added in pumping a fist into the air "Punch it Nya!"

"Ay, ay, Sensei" she smirked pulling down hard on the gas swerving out onto the road.

In the distance I could hear Wu shouting "Yeehaw!" As his voice bounced off the tall buildings as the two drew farther away.

"We're finding a new home?" Lloyd asked looking up from my phone as a smile slowly returned to his face. "Yes we are. Nothing to worry about" I replied and pet the top of his head reassuringly. Scout got between Lloyd and my hand, knocking Lloyd back.

"Aah!" He exclaimed and Scout's tail wagged. "Pff- Yes Scout you get attention too." I told him and smiled.

Jay looked at the business card "Patty Keys, Real Estate Queen." He read aloud looking to all of us "Hey this is exactly what we need, once we get a roof over our head, we can start properly training Lloyd."

"Good, cause if we know Lord Garmadon, he's not going to be taking any breaks and let's not forget, the Serpentine are at large." Cole said to us and we agreed to try this idea out.

~~~

Patty opened the door to the enlisted apartment. "This one bedroom, one half bath is a cozy dream. Who needs extras when everything is in arms reach" she smiled walking in gesturing to the state of the home.

I followed behind the others looking around the room. "Now wait until you see the lighting" she added in flipping the switch. The lightbulb flickered before falling off the ceiling fixture shattering on the floor.

"Uh...Who needs lights when you have this view?" She changed the subject heading over to the window drawing the blinds up. There was no view, only a brick wall. Some sunlight filtered into the room showcasing the aged cement walls and floorboards.

"Uh, why do I smell old people?" Lloyd asked curiously as he stepped over the glass shards. Scout sneezed and I pet his head softly.

"Look doll, I'm trying to work around your budget" Patty replied gesturing to the flat "This is all you can afford."

"Uh, this looks...Promising" Cole commented and turned to us. "Remember guys, Sensei told us our main objective is to train Lloyd, not kick our feet up in some swanky suite. If this is all we can afford, this is all we can afford."

"It could fit good for you guys. It's cozy. With some cleaning and repairs it could be a really good place. It's also near some good places" I stated. "Woah, woah, woah, let's not rush into any decision. I mean if it's really all about Lloyd, don't we need a place now that'll make training easier?" Jay interjected.

"Yeah, Jay's right" Kai agreed. "If we have to get Lloyd ready to save Ninjago from his father, shouldn't he at least have his own room?"

"Technically, that does not matter, he only-" Zane started to say until Kai bumped him.

"We're only thinking about the children. Ha ha" Jay interrupted looking to Patty and I sighed.

She thought for a moment and replied "I do have another property that you'll just love." We were led out of the apartment heading to the second location.

~~~

Inside an elevator I held onto the railing as Scout sat next to me.

The doors opened revealing a spacious suite with large windows. The setting sun filled the room coloring the environment in a warm inviting bronze hue. "Woah..." Everyone awed as I steadied myself.

"Now this is the eight bedroom hero suite. Floor to ceiling windows, digital wall television, state of the art game console..." Patty listed off only making the others more excited.

Cole shook his head thinking realistically "Uh, it seems a little out of our price range" he replied hesitantly. "Oh, sure it costs a little more, but you deserve it. I forgot to mention, there's also a dragon keep on the roof" Patty added in.

I thought for a moment wondering who else in this city could have a pet Dragon when they are rare to this realm.

"Maybe we can get a hero discount. After all, we are the ninja who saved the city" Jay said to Patty.

"I thought Lord Garmadon saved the city?" She replied raising an eyebrow before looking at me.

"Wait you were on the news. That's where I recognized you" she gasped as the four looked at me confused.

"You aided Lord Garmadon in defeating the giant snake."

I tilted my head confused "I didn't do much" I thought scratching my head. "When did I appear on the news?"

The others looked at each other trying to figure out how to get past their lack of cash flow issue. "We could get day jobs to pay for extra expenses" Kai thought aloud.

Zane nodded adding in "Wu always said we could use a little more responsibility."

"But we have to train Lloyd." Kai looked to Lloyd unable to come to a decision.

Patty butted in saying "Did I mention the in house training facility?" She pushed a button on a remote activating a sliding door.

Inside the secret room showed a variety of mechanical training equipment already setting their decision in stone.

"We'll take it!" The four shouted in sync. I shook my head refusing to pay for the suite.

~~~

The ninja got their hands on the key to their luxurious home while I held my key to my little flat. "Wait, you bought that apartment?" My brother asked raising an eyebrow as everyone stood outside the real estate agency.

"It was cozy" I replied with a shrug.

"And smelly" Kai retorted waving a hand over his face.

"So are you Kai" Lloyd hissed holding a hand over his face "Pee yoo..."

Zane tilted his head inquiring "How did you pay for it?"

"With the money I saved up" I replied having grown really smart with my money. Always saving up because I rarely buy commodities. "She gave me a discount too."

This made my younger brother facepalm.

"Well we're going job hunting. Can you look after Lloyd for a while?" Cole asked.

"Of course do you even need to ask?" I replied taking the child's hand in mine.

"Alright have fun you two" Zane smiled as we went our separate ways.

~~~

I had taken Lloyd with me to the store to buy supplies. I left Scout at home since we wouldn't be long.

I've been thinking though...He's pretty lonely. Maybe he would want a friend?

"I got the basket" Lloyd called to me as he charged the cart right to me. I smiled and picked the young green ninja up. "Asteria?" He questioned as I placed him in the basket watching his eyes widened.

"Woah, I don't need to sit here like a little kid-" he protested and tried standing up in the cart but lost his footing and fell back in.

"Stay." I ordered patting his head as I pushed the cart into the store despite his little pouty face.

I grabbed what I needed. This included some cleaning supplies, tools for repairs and some home necessities. There was a lot in the cart Lloyd had to keep some items on his lap.

"Are we gonna buy some food for dinner or can we eat out?" Lloyd perked up when I walked right past the produce aisle heading to the bedroom section.

I thought for a moment before saying "We can go to my favorite restaurant when I was little. It has amazing food there."

He perked up instantly "That sounds great" he smiled as I passed by a shelf of stuffed animals right next to the blankets and pillows.

I walked to the blankets and pillows, picking out some that looked sufficient enough.

I noticed Lloyd at the corner of my eye. Raising an eyebrow I moved the cart over a bit and watched as he grabbed a blue dragon plushie. I smiled softly seeing an innocent soft look on his face. Turning back to the cart I pretended I saw nothing.

"What do you have there?" I asked Lloyd. He smiled widely presenting the dragon to me. It was blue and gray, its eyes a black color.

"For you."

My eyes widened a bit in surprise. I thought he was gonna ask me to buy it for him, something children his age would do.

"Really?" I thought aloud taking the dragon in my hands. It fit in my hand and it was very soft.

Scratching the back of his neck he hesitated explaining "Well, I want to say thank you for being there for me. It reminded me of you, but I didn't know if you like plushies-"

"Thank you."

His face brightened up when he heard my response and I smiled softly at him. This was the second gift I have ever received since I lost my memories. The first being the necklace I had no idea who handed it to me, the second being Lloyd handing me this plushie.

To me a gift is special. It's a memento associated with a new memory I have acquired. When all I can do is collect the pieces of my past, finding treasures along the way makes it worthwhile.

Keeping the dragon I let Lloyd out of the cart as he couldn't fit in along with the stuff inside. I payed for the items while Lloyd brought out some pocket change insisting on paying for the dragon.

"I didn't think shopping would be fun" Lloyd thought aloud as he helped carry the house supplies in a bag. "It's adult stuff so..."

"Wanna have some?" I held out a bag of sour sweet candy for him while carrying the tools, cleaning supplies and food.

"Ooh, sour" Lloyd hummed as he ate a piece sharing the bag between ourselves.

~~~

When I returned back to the apartment Lloyd and I put on white masks after being greeted by Scout.

I opened the window facing the brick wall letting fresh air into the room.

Lloyd got to work cleaning while I started on repairing the lights. The young Garmadon started shaking out the dusty net hammock bunkbeds before sweeping the floors.

"Try and use the long stick part to propel yourself forward" I told the kid showing him some tricks to fighting while fixing up the apartment.

It had gotten late when we had finished. Despite the time I still took the young Garmadon out for dinner.

The waitress handed him a kids menu much to his dismay "I don't want a kiddie menu- wait is that a puzzle?"

Lloyd gasped as he took a green crayon and started drawing on the paper, I chuckled softly and smiled. I let him get a look at my menu allowing him to order whatever he wanted.

~~~

I parked my vehicle at the shelter as I got out of the front seat, I helped Lloyd get out of the vehicle on the other side. "Why are we here?" He questioned curiously and I smiled "You'll see."

We walked inside the shelter and approached the front counter. The lady glanced at us "Oh hello. Looking for anything specific today?"

I spoke "I'm looking for a dog. One that can be a good companion that is and can get along with other dogs."

She nods "Alright. Follow me" she exited from behind the counter and walked down the hall, I followed her with Lloyd.

"These are the best dogs we have, there's the Golden Retriever, the Beagle, the Boxer-" She started to name them until I spotted a specific dog she missed.

I knelt down at it slightly, its back faced me as it was laying down. I glanced at its chart.

"Only one year..." I thought and Lloyd stared at the dog curiously. "Uh excuse me" I interrupted the lady and she approached.

"What about this one?" I get gestured to the dog.

She raised an eyebrow "The Rottweiler? That one wouldn't be so good...It's only one year but it's still aggressive."

"I'll buy it."

"You- Wait what..?" The lady inquired and Lloyd's expression brightened excitedly. I smiled "I'll buy the Rottweiler."

I heard shuffling and glanced over as the Rottweiler was glancing at me while its tail wagged. The lady sighed "Ok then..."

~~~

I dropped Lloyd off back at the other's penthouse since Kai had been calling my phone wondering where he was. Back at home I entered the apartment and heard footsteps, Scout approached and started to sniff the Rottweiler.

I smiled at the interaction, I feel like this is gonna be a start on a new relationship.

"Scout, meet Indie."

~~~

The four had gotten themselves part time jobs and need my help to watch Lloyd while they focused on work.

Jay worked as a pizza delivery while Cole as a security guard at the bank. Zane worked as a chef at a restaurant and Kai a party entertainer.

According to my brother they were nowhere near making enough to make rent. I arrived at the apartment and walked in seeing Lloyd was alone playing video games and the others had already left.

I shook my head at the four. They're lucky Lloyd is just barley old enough to be able to watch himself and stay out of trouble but he can't be left alone for long periods of time.

"Wanna train?" I asked Lloyd gesturing to the studio behind the sliding screen door.

"In a bit. I wanna beat this level" Lloyd replied keeping his eyes keen on the screen. Tapping buttons as he pursued the enemies on the screen. I took a seat on the couch next to him watching the boy play his game.

~~~

I was helping Lloyd train. He drew his fist completely back swerving his hips and shoulders putting all of his force into the punch. He hit the middle of the punching bag perfectly flying backwards from the force.

He looked out to the living room to see Jay and the other three had came back. He failed to notice the punching bag came right back at him with the same force.

He fell backwards onto the floor right at my feet. "Always keep your eyes on your enemy" I chuckled holding a hand out for Lloyd.

"Keep practicing, you'll get there" I pulled him up to his feet walking out of the training room to greet the others. I was a bit sweaty as well, since I had also trained myself.

"My feet...I can't feel my feet" Cole said laying back in a chair gesturing to his ice water footsies.

Kai laid backward in a daze. "There was so many of them and they wouldn't stop.." he groaned while his ninja suit and face were covered in dirt.

Zane paced around a bit using a oil can to spray his arm. "My gears locked up several times, I didn't even know my gears could lock up" he said aloud.

Jay laid sprawled onto the floor barley moving. "I don't even have enough energy to play video games..." He whined and rested his face in the carpet.

"I thought you were going to train me when you got home" Lloyd asked looking at the four.

"Sorry champ, but we can't until we make rent. How close are we Jay?" Cole replied looking at Jay.

"Is this jar getting bigger? We're not even close." Jay complained shaking the jar.

Zane continued oiling his joints "And our rent is due tomorrow" he reminded the others.

"Asteria, you have money. Can you loan it to us? We'll pay you back, it doesn't have to be a lot" my brother asked in a tired tone as he looked at me with pleading eyes.

"No. It's your guy's budget, not mine. You need to be responsible for yourselves..." I explained.

"Please it's for Lloyd" Kai added desperately like it was a guilt trip.

I didn't waver at all keeping my foot down. "No. I told you guys already. This is your problem to fix" I said.

"Then what do we do now?" Zane asked the three.

"I can pull a double shift" Cole proposed as he rubbed his feet.

"And I can do overtime" Zane added in as his joints were losing their squeakiness.

"Maybe I can sling a few more pizza pies" Jay replied as he leaned on the tv stand for support.

"And I can make a little extra if I do the human piñata" Kai said aloud earning horrified looks from us all.

"Ugh, don't ask" he sighed shaking his head dismissively.

"No please I wanna know." I inquired as my curiosity was piqued and Kai shook his head refusing to talk about it.

"Great, then our priorities are set. Tomorrow we make rent" Cole declared with a hopeful outlook.

"And uh, what about me?" Lloyd walked up to Cole in question.

"How about you help out and fetch me some more ice, huh?" Cole replied to the young boy.

"..Hm." I muttered and left the room with Lloyd. We soon came back carrying supplies.

I walked up to Cole. "Give me your feet" I told him and he lifted one foot allowing me to hold it.

I firmly pressed a hot rag to his foot moving the ankle around to stretch it out. "If ice doesn't soothe the soreness, use heat to relax the muscles" I instructed Cole and held out the warm cloth for him to take over.

"Thanks" he muttered and I got up walking to Kai. "What are you doing?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"If you're gonna work yourselves to the bone at least rest properly" I replied leaning down and started wiping the dirt off his face with a cool wet rag.

"Wha- hey, I can do it myself!" He said. "Uh-huh...Says the one who was beaten by kids." I commented. "Hey!" He said and I chuckled "Alright alright, fine" I said and handed him the rag.

"What about you Zane? Your joints still squeaky?" I asked turning to Zane. "Not anymore" Lloyd replied as he helped oil Zane's arms.

I turned my attention to Jay who had collapsed back on the floor. He groaned out of exhaustion as his body turned to jelly unable to move.

I smiled slightly at him. I grabbed a nearby pillow and blanket kneeling before my brother. I placed the pillow underneath his head and laid the blanket out on his back as he laid on his stomach.

"Take a nap and rest" I patted his head and smiled as I stood up. I walked to the training room with Lloyd as I closed the sliding door behind me to let the others do their thing and rest.

~~~

Author's Edit: Sept 10, 2023

~~~

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

177K 6K 34
Y/n is transported to the world of Ninjago after discovering a magical DVD player in the attic. When she arrives, Y/n realizes she has elemental pow...
7.9K 166 15
Long before time had a name, Ninjago was created by the First Spinjitzu Master, using the Four Weapons of Spinjitzu. The Scythe of Quakes, the Nunchu...
240 1 11
a Ninjago fanfiction Three girls are pulled into the world of Ninjago! But something is wrong! Will these three friends be able to help? Or will they...
543K 7.3K 51
"You're.....the ninja?" "In the flesh." The one in the red commented. "But, I cannot be flesh." The one in silver poked. "I guess you have a point...