Well Fu-

By TheBubbleBoy124

'Gotham.....I'm in Gotham.......I'M IN GOTHAM' Yes, yes you were 'What, what the actual hell is happening, is... More

The Stranger
A New Reality
Batm-WHO THE
Well, I'm Screwed
Titans?
Doctor? Doctors?
Partners
Next Level BULLSH-
Ok Sooooooooooo (auTHoRs nOTe)
Boom
Totally Perfect Escape Plan.....Who Am I Kidding
Royally ******
Just A Simple Game
Run-ing Run-ing
RUN-ING RUN-ING
RUN-ING! RUN-ING!
No More Running
To Hell With It All
Hypocrites
More Questions Than Answers
Unresponsive
Just My Imagination.....Right?
The Outskirts
He's Here
Things Just Went From Bad To F*****
A Murderer
Behind The Scenes
Healed
Thinking Things Through
A Much Needed Explanation
Unattainable Goals
Mock Battle
Everything Goes According To Plan
Everything Has Not Gone According To Plan
A Gift
The Showman And Her Noisy Assistant
Under No Circumstances
A Bird. A Magician. A Shock. And A Maniac
I Can't Believe I Forgot To Give This A Title
How Much Until A Mind Breaks?
So Many Things To Talk About
Preparations
How The Hell Did It Come To This?
It Begins........NOW
Old And New Encounters
Authors Note Edit: We Good Now
A Proposal
I Hate Rich People
Multiple Concussions Were Given On This Day
Why Are You Here?
You Play Baseball?
Cassandra = Trauma To Outlet Man
Divine Intervention
Good Luck
Authors Note - Thank You
Not Ready
A Mugging
Damn. That's Cold
Old Habits Die Hard
Revelations
Déjà Vu
Whispers
The Court's Claws
Repercussions
Limits
One. Two. Three. Four.
The Final Minute
Playing God
Shadows and Stars
Masks Upon Masks
A Doctor Who Can't Heal
Not A Murderer?
First Name Basis
A Week In Arkham Asylum
Stick To The Script
Authors Note - I'm Sick
In And Out
Plans for Plans
The Things I'd Do For Love
First Step
Start of an Era
Chapter 1 End, The Birth Of An Uprising
Without A Body
Safe Place
Night On The Town
Guides For Better And For Worse
Reflections
Confront It
Ride On The Rumour Train *WHOOP* (And Trauma)
A Performace With Unwilling Actors
Cat And Mouse
If I'm A Mask, What's Underneath?

The True Protagonist Has Arrived

1.5K 113 35
By TheBubbleBoy124

Canary flipped backwards before you could recover in order for you to not take advantage of her position.

"You never trusted me from the beginning, did you?"
"You planned to backstab me, and I planned to backstab your backstabbing with my own backstab"
"Technically, I never lied"
"Harlot"

She seemed visibly annoyed at the comment, cracking a few of her knuckles in response.

"Still not gonna give him up?"
"Nah I'm good"
"And here I thought you were a good boy"

She reached into her boot, taking out some sort of strap before wrapping it around her neck.

"Turns out you're a bad boy. Bad boys need to be punished"
'Shit got kinky real quick and that's probably a bad si- woah!'

You literally leaped out of the way of a Cry, one much bigger, louder, and all around more powerful than normal, or at least more so than the previous times you'd seen it. Evidence of that being how it decimated the doorway you guys both walked through.

You sprinted around and towards her, so even when she turned her head so that the Cry followed you you didn't get hit, however it did destroy a lot of the tables with food as well as furniture in the room.

You swung the bat at her legs, but she front flipped out of the way and you slightly passed her.

While she was still upside down, you changed your grip on the bat and swung your arms backwards, causing the hilt to connect directly into her forearms which she used to block it.

While finishing the flip, she kicked you directly in the shoulder one the way down, causing your balance to falter slightly. Immediately after she landed, Canary performed back kick that you barely managed to dodge by moving your head.

She twisted her outstretched foot so that it was pointing downwards and brought it down on the same shoulder from earlier, clipping it there in the process.

Right after she then jumped, clipping her other foot around your other shoulder and performing an inverted hurricarana, one that sent you back first into the ground with a thud.

She maneuvered her way on top of you just as you came to and managed to catch the bat's edge with one hand. So you you brought up the hilt to connect with the other side of her face, which she also caught.

This turned into a struggle as the both of you wrestled for control of the bat, with her grips being on the edges of the weapon and yours being farther inwards.

She managed to pin your already injured shoulder under her knee and began to push the bat downwards in an attempt to make you let go of it, but you refused.

It was during this predicament, that you realized something.

During the auction, the auctioneer displayed the bat's functions, that being how half of a batarang
would pop up on either side of the bat's end if the pressed the button on the hilt.

You managed to slide one of your hands down and past hers, gripping the hilt just as Canary managed to pin your other shoulder down with her other knee.

The weapon was getting uncomfortably close to your neck, with Canary looming over you and her blonde hair falling just short of reaching you.

Thankfully you just managed to find the button, but your panic, you clicked the button as many times as possible within a second.

Instead of the bat's "weapon mode" being activated, it shrank.

The bat retracted into itself, getting extremely small to the size of a marker.

You see, the issue with this was that what was the source of resistance between the two of you was now gone, suddenly too.

So, due to the laws of physics, the sudden disappearance of the bat caused Canary to come crashing down on top of you.

Now, this all happened in just a second or two, so it took your brain a moment to try to process what was going on.

When it started functioning again, you felt the sensation of soft lips pressing against your own, and your widened met Canary's equally widened ones.

Not to mention due to your guys' position, your hand.....well.....let's just say it was somewhere it shouldn't have been.

Both you and Canary just stared at each other in shock, before she slowly pulled away from you.

She sat back up, looking down on you with a look you couldn't decipher, but what you did know was that her cheeks were slightly tinted red.

"That was, a complete accident"
You spoke with a stoic look.
"So we should do it one more time on purpose for a better overall experience"

Canary just sighed, before leaning back down so that her face hovered over yours, something that caught you by surprise.

"You're playing with fire here Y/N, because......"
She leaned down further so that her lips were right beside your ear.
"I'm a screamer"

'SHIT'

Canary snapped her head up and took a deep breath in, meanwhile you attempted to move your limbs in some effort to get her off you but your shoulders were pinned down.

You remembered how strong the Cry from earlier was, and as your brain worked at a pace of a million miles a second you got an idea.

Canary then let out her enhanced Cry, and the impact of which sent any furniture in the vicinity of you two flying. The ground beneath you shattered and broke under the intense sound, and the recoil of using such a powerful scream sent Canary upwards at the yell, clearing her of falling through the floor you were currently falling through.

As Canary's Cry ended and you prepared yourself for the inevitable impact of the floor, two tiny green hexagons in your ears shattered and disappeared.

You hit the ground with a thud, landing on a piece of rubble that only made the pain of the impact more severe.

Thankfully the drop wasn't that far, and due to the adrenaline coursing through you after a few seconds of catching your breath you forced yourself back to your feet with your hands on your knees for support, a faint ringing in your ears.
You pocketed the small metal object that used to be the bay, then checked your nose.

Thankfully, there was no black liquid.
'Hugo was right, maybe it does depend on how much of the ring's power I use, if I even have a ring. We still have to figure out what that black stuff is though'

At that moment, you finally decided to look up at the new room you were in.

Turns out, you were in a room full of guards and many more guests.

The room was similar to the auction room, but on a much smaller scale compared to the original's grandness.

'Multiple auctions? Makes sense I guess considering the size of the building, does each floor have one? Or maybe more than one?'

"I-It's Y/N!"
"WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NA- ooooohhhhhhhh"

Your voice trailed off as you touched your face, noticing the lack of a mask.

'Did it get blown off during her tantrum?'

Instead of charging at you like you expected, every masked butler stared at you with tensed bodies.

"Why is the guy who killed him here?"
"How am I supposed to know?!"

It seemed under the tense circumstances, the professional facade most of them put up had begun to crumble as the argued amongst themselves.

"Wait, this is better"
"Better? How is this better?!"
"The bounty"

At those words, everyone's talking stopped, and they turned their attention to a single butler.

"He's right here in front of us, the guy who's been hiding like a rat!

'What the fuck did he just say?'

"Look, he's a coward! He clearly fears others since he's willing to only approach the Outskirts, not to mention he's never made himself known in public! We can take him!"

'I take back what I just said, this is truly an inspirational and passionate display'

"Whoever gets him gets a shitload of money, not to mention there's a chance we can clear our name if he's taken alive! LET'S GET HIM!"

The speech seemed to pump everyone their up, and a newfound energy was visible in their movements. A few guests left, while the rest either watched in anticipation or prepared to join in. I guess Gotham just does that to people.

"That was a nice speech, however, I won't even need to even move to deal with you"

You held out your hand towards where the "leader" stood, and instantly everyone in the room tensed.

"Is he a magic user?!"
"I don't know!"

"Now DIE!" You yelled out, and everyone in the direction your hand pointed at panicked.

Nothing happened.

Opening their eyes, they looked towards where you were, and found empty air.

"DAMNIT WE FELL FOR IT!"
"WHERE'D HE GO?!"
"OVER THERE!!!"

You were full on sprinting on one of the room's sides, running for a doorway that led to another similar room.

'Get to another level down get to another level down get to another level down'

Your main goal was to lure as many people as possible from the higher levels so that you had some chance of escaping with the girl. It was a terrible and botchy plan yes, but it was the only thing you could think of throughout all this chaos.

You sidestepped a vertical swing of a sword before leaning your head back to avoid the horizontal swing of a baton, which hit the back of the first attacker, resulting in a yell of pain.

Continuing to run, you dodged the swings of numerous weapons in an attempt to keep going, which also resulted in quite a few people getting impaled by their companions swords, and a few concussions due to the batons.

Finally, you were close to the doorway

'AHA I'M FR'- You passed the doorway and were immediately socked in the face by a hiding butler.

You fell to the ground in a sitting position, and stared at man responsible while holding your cheek with a scared expression.

"Dad?"

The man froze in shock and confusion. "I-I"-

"YOU FOOL!"

You swept out his legs form under him and punched him directly in the face on his way down.

"I DON'T EVEN HAVE A DAD"

You had a triumphant smile on your face, but the light from your eyes faded as you realized what you just said.

"Damn, I don't even have a dad"

You looked at the man beside you, who still had a bewildered look on his face. You punched him again.

"WHY ARE YOU BRINGING UP THESE TOUCHY SUBJECTS!"
"I didn't do anythi"- You cut him off by punching him in the face again.

You looked up, and it only then hit you that you were in another room similar to the first one in many ways, including the guards.

You heard shouts for people to move behind you, which indicated that the remaining butlers were going to be right behind you any second.

Taking a chance, you sprinted forward.

The first person that came running up got a side kick to their ankle, which was followed up by a side kick to their face due to them kneeling down in response

'This isn't working, I'm too tired to take everyone out manually like this and still have energy in case an actual Char-...in case multiple Heroes or Villains show up'

'I HAVE IT!'

You relaxed your body and let your shoulders loosely droop to the side. Your head hung slightly lower as the only part of your body that was still tense was your legs.

'This'll only work because none of these guys are proficient fighters, I just need to.....

Go with the flow'

You sidestepped another butler, spinning as you did so, which caused your loose arms to move on their own and slap the attacker in the face as you passed them.

You then took an almost cartoonishly large step forwards, which caused your upper body to lean back in reaction, which also caused you to dodge the swing of a baton from the previous man, which hit the butler in front of you.

You then spun and slapped the same guard again.

You stumbled forwards in a way so that you ducked a kick from the next guard that tried to mix things up, and afterwards you turned your upper body backwards so that you took a few steps back and were back-to-back with them.

As they turned around, so did you, keeping your back against his as you found yourself face to face with the guard you had slapped multiple times.

You smiled at them, and out of anger they threw a punch for your face.

You stumbled backwards and to the side, which caused the fist of the first guard to connect with the half-turned face of the one you circled, knocking them out.

You bumped into the chest of another guard, and let your legs give out, which caused the initial butler who was still going after you to sock the guard in the face.

Rolling along the ground, you dodged the numerous stomps the first guard tried to hit you with and then kicked yourself up to your feet.

Once your feet touched the ground, you jumped backwards, head butting the chin of guard who tried to approach you again. While doing this, you dodged the punch of the first butler once more.

Falling back-first into the ground, you used the now knocked out guard as a cushion and rolled backwards off her body and onto your feet.

Once both your soles were planted onto the ground, you propelled yourself off of it and into the air over the unconscious butler, hitting the first guard square in the face and knocking them out.

You fell to the ground face first with a thud, and laid there for a few moments.

You turned your body stomach up and into a sitting position before gently patting the bleeding and knocked out first guard on the side of his cheek.

"You're a good man, thanks for all the help, I couldn't have done it without you" You gave him a thumbs up.

You did a salute for extra measure after you forced yourself to your feet and scanned the room.
There was a single guard left.

"Y/N!"

You tilted your head slightly to the side at the way the last guard addressed you. He did so in a way that made it sound like you knew him.

"Uhhhhhhhh, hello?" You answered back.

The man clenched his fist, and pulled out a dagger from his pocket.

"I have been waiting for this moment"
'Oh so he's after the bount'-
"For my revenge!"

You stared at the guy in utter confusion, and then put a finger up.
"Have we met?"

The man looked crushed, as if he had been hit in the gut with a hammer.

"Y-You...."
He pointed the dagger at you in a dramatic fashion.
"YOU'VE TAKEN SO MUCH FROM ME AND YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO I AM?!?"

You were too confused to speak, and only stared with a look of someone who was completely lost.

"You changed my life, Y/N. after what you did to me, I left the life of a peacekeeper behind all for my VENGEANCE"

'What the fuck is this guy on about'

"The life I was living wouldn't allow that, so I threw it away. All for this moment, this one, moment. So that I could kill you with my own two HANDS"
"Bro I'm going to be honest I don't know who the fuck you are"

The man once again looked like someone had just punched him the force of a Kryptonian.

"I'll give you o-one hint"
"Ok?"
"My name is Greg"

You stared at the man in even more confusion, but he just stood there, waiting.

Your brain tried to search for any connection to the name, but you couldn't find one. There was no memory of his face or name.

Then you found it.

There was, in fact, a single memory you had with a Greg.

There was music blasting, you were in the back of a spinning truck when-

"IF WE DON'T MAKE IT OUT OF THIS GREG, I JUST WANT TO SAY I ASKED FOR THAT THREESOME BECAUSE OF YOU NOT YOUR WIFE"
"GREGORY I AGREED FOR THE SAME REASON, DON'T GOOOOOOO"

"Wait, you're alive?!"

"Yeeessss, so you do remember" The man, Greg, clenched his fist with a look of determination on his face.

"Wait, so your name is Greg and his name was Gregory?"
"You could say, he completed me"
"That's pretty gay my guy"
"SHUT UP"

He yelled at you. "MY ENTIRE SQUAD DIED, BUT I SURVIVED! I MANAGED TO GET OUT OF THE TRUCK AND THE EXPLOSION SOMEHOW DIDN'T REACH ME! DON'T YOU SEE?!"

He held out his dagger towards you.

"It's my DESTINY Y/N! I ABANDONED MY OLD LIFE JUST TO KILL YOU, JUST TO SEE YOU SUFFER FOR TAKING EVERYTHING FROM M"-

You were already soaring through the air towards him, your legs extended as you dropkicked Greg directly in the knee.

You popped up to your feet and pumped a fist in the air. "Bullse"- you stopped yourself from completing the word due to a memory surfacing of another person saying the word right before they shot you.

You looked down at Greg, who was staring his knee with a blank look on his face. You followed his gaze.

Greg's knee was on the opposite side of his leg.

You both just stared at it, then at each other, then at his leg.
Then the shock wore off.

"HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHAT YOU DID YOU DO TO MY KN"- He could barely finish his sentence before he vomited on the floor beside him.

"I'M SORRY I DIDN'T KNOW THAT WOULD HA"-
"MY KNEE IS INSIDE OUT DEAR MOTHER OF- LOOK AT IT- oh god I don't want to look at I"- He threw up again.

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!?"
"I THOUGHT IT'D BE COOL! AND IT WAS COOL, IT WAS PRETTY COOL AS A MATTER OF FACT!"
"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE! WHAT HAVE YOU DOOOOOOOONE?!" He wailed.

You both continued to panically screamed at each other, with little regard for your guys's throats.

"Don't worry, don't worry. I have, a solution"
"W-what is it?"
Greg looked up at you.

"What's your favourite lullaby?"
"W-What?"
"What's your- oh I'll just sing one"

"Now, Greg"
You pulled something small and metallic out of your pocket.
"I'm going to need you to close your eyes"

"Why are y-you doing?"

"Rock-a-by baaaaaaaaby~"
You clicked the small button on the metal object twice, and it expanded back to the size of a bat, just like you predicted.

"H-Hey what are you going to do with that?!"

You clicked the button once, and half a batarang shot out on either side of the upper end of the bay.
"On the tree top~"

"Y-YOU KNOW WHAT Y/N I DON'T THINK IT'S THAT"- Greg looked at his leg and threw up again.

'I'm sorry Static, but he's in so much pain that I don't have a choice. I'm sure you would agree with me if you were right here!'

"WHEEEEEEN THE WIIIINNDDD BLOOOWWS~"
You began to raised the bat over your head.

"WAIT!"

"THE CRATLE SHAAAAAAALL RO"-

You brought the bag down, but your swing was intercepted by a sword which didn't budge despite your force.
It was a sword you recognized.

You turned your head to the side, and as you expected, you finally ran into them.

"Hello Stroker"
"I told you to stop calling me that"
"Pardon me, but is Stroker your nickname friend Ravager?"

You froze as you also recognized that voice, that cheery, ever enthusiastic voice.

'Shit, if they're both here then that means'-

You looked around, and realized you were surrounded by the Titans, with the room behind you being a bunch of unconscious bodies with a few guests still watching with interest.

"Sooooooo, any chance we could talk this out?"

Deep breaths, deeeeep breaths.

Also almost two weeks since last upload? Ma bad. Turns out I lied. But this time I'll DEFINITELY keep to the one week schedule...........yeah......totally

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

830 17 5
Y/N is a grain of sand in Gotham, just another orphan making what little he can in not so legal ways, squatting from one alley to the next. One horri...
67.4K 2.7K 45
You've gotta watch out for the quiet ones and they hardly come quieter than shy but pretty Harleen Quinzel. New to Gotham City, the fledgling psychi...
1.2K 56 41
This is my own personal version of how our lovable Dr. Harleen Quinzel fell in love with the psychopathic clown known as The Joker. This will be a da...
865 22 12
The year is 3088. The world is in ruins and everyone has lost hope, except for one person. In the year 2022, the hero Batman along with his sidekicks...