Tai In Love

By pyttays

In her last year studying to be a doctor, the young beauty stumbles upon someone who would change her life in... More

Tai in Love
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Epilogue

Chapter 45

2.3K 206 19
By pyttays

Vote and comment lovies💋

Tais pov
10:24 a.m.

I should be at work, instead I'm here. At home because my boyfriend insists that I go back to bed.

As exhausted as I am I feel like I'm failing my job for not showing up, I'm a doctor. I should be out helping people.

You have to put yourself first T my subconscious reminds me.

Yes, but I have a duty and I've been calling out back to back for the past two weeks. Being that I'm fairly new to the workplace they have all right to fire me.

And if they do, do so I'll be devastated. Imagine working hard for a degree to work in a specific field and failing to do so? That's embarrassing.

As guilt starts to overwhelm me I spot the keys to the range on the counter, I begin contemplating going anyways. It's not that late and I could make it if I call in late.

Better than missing the whole day.

I drink some water to wake myself up more before picking up the keys and my bag.

Heading to the garage I open it getting settled in the car before driving out, once I reach the security gate I wait for him to open it and I'm confused when he doesn't.

"Hi good morning can you open the gate please?" I ask politely

"Miss, boss seh you shouldn't leave the premises"
He tells me and my eyebrows raise.

"I'm sure its fine can you just open the gate?" I ask and he shakes his head no,

"Miss, mi can get innah trouble fi dat"

I huff leaning back into the seat as I dial his number. This is bullshit

"Yeh?" He answers .

"Why can't I leave?" I ask him, I would really like to know why he would tell them to not let me leave.

"Because mi know seh you stubborn, Tai you can barely stay awake go back in the house" he tells me and I roll my eyes because he can't see me

"I need to go to work Treyvon"

"Yeah, you need fi go and you have paitents, mi know how the argument go but what happens when you get hurt because you doze off while driving?" He questions me.

I sigh because he's right, something I do not want to admit.

"That's what I thought" he says when I don't respond.

"Call me if anything, later Tai" he tells me before hanging up and I hiss.

Entering the house once more I take out my ipad typing an email to my manager, who is also the head doctor, informing her that I'll be out for the day due to personal reasons.

The reasons being that my boyfriend won't let me pass the gate.

"Wah mi even ago do wull day?" I look around the house.

It's not messy because I pick up after myself while here and for some reason Trey has a cleaning service come every Tuesday and Thursday.

I normally do my laundry on Sundays, but the housekeeper took care of that as well.

Just rest Tai my subconscious yawns.

I want to but I feel useless.

I notice my phone ringing and it's Dr.Brown,
"Hi Kaiden" I answer,

"Hey, I noticed you're out everything good?" He questions

I hate to lie but I have to,or else I'll really jepordaize my job.

"Its just a family emergency, I'll be back tomorrow" I tell him, "Oh okay, well if anything you can give me a call" he tells me,

That's sweet of him.

"Thank you" I respond, he hangs up shortly after and i feel a little guilty, I'm not sure why.

Because you man nuh like him. My subconscious reminds me.

I hiss my teeth.

Treyvon and I have different views of people, it's clear he doesn't trust easily. He's also very antisocial, the only people I see him talk to really are me, his parents, his sister and some of his friends.

Other than that he doesn't converse with anyone new. I don't expect him to change from that but I do expect him to not want me to be the same.

I like meeting new people and making friends, that's not something I see changing about myself. Being pessimistic seems too gloomy for me.

After spending another 30 minutes downstairs I head to my room to change into more comfortable clothing.

Spotting a silk pj set I bought recently I take it out, it glides onto my body and feels so incredibly soft.

Climbing onto the bed I get under the comforter after putting the ac on 25.

My eyes close moments after as my body relaxes and dreams fill my sleep.

***
My phone ringing wakes me, I check the caller ID seeing that it's Liz.

"Hi Ms.Liz" I answer

"Hey Tai, you busy? I wanted you to come over for a little bit since it's just me and Mira here" she says to me.

"I'm actually not, I can come over"

"Great, can't wait to see you!" She sounds exited making me smile.

This sweet lady

I slide off the bed into my slippers before going into my closet to find something to wear.

Since I'm not going anywhere fancy I decided on leggings and a pink polo t-shirt with my fluffy slides.

Taking my hair out of my bonet reveals my attempt at braiding my hair down, I'm no hairstylist that's a fact.

I need to make an appointment with Nikki to get my wig installed.

Because me caah manage this!

I put on one of my gluesless wigs over it using bandana to cover the part.

After I'm done I admire myself in the mirror.

Hot gyal enuh!

They live just up the road so I can easily walk. Locking up the house I approach the gate.

I hiss when I remember the instructions Trey gave the security turning back to call him.

"Treyvon" I say as soon as the call connects, I hear alot of noise around him.

"Weh you deh?" I ask and no response

It becomes quieter after a moment when he finally responds.

"Everything gov b?" He asks

"I'm going over to your mom's tell them to open the gate for me" I tell him

"Fi do wah?"
Everything you wah know

"She wants to hang out, just me, her and Mira"

"You rest today?" He asks me and I notice that he's requesting video call.

I accept it, he appears to be seated in an office
"Yeah, can you tell them to let me out" I repeat myself walking towards the security post.

"Walk you go walk?" He asks me and I nod

"Tai.."

"Trey just " I almost hiss my teeth but I stop myself.

As I reach the gate the security looks up, "Hi, see him here him seh unuh can open it for me" I tell them showing the screen.

"Yah" Trey says and security nods.

"Thank you" I tell him walking through after he pressed the buzzer.

"How long you a stay over there?"

I shrug,"I don't know"

"Mi ago pick you up when unuh done cause mi nuh want you one on the road eventhough the community secure" he tells me and I nod in agreement.

It doesn't take long for me to reach the house and I gasp in amazement approaching the gate.

It look like castle to baxide my subconscious is amazed, understandably so.

I send a text to his mom telling here that I'm here, still on the phone with Trey eventhough he's busy.

The gate opens infront of me and the security guard greets me.

"Good afternoon miss"

"Afternoon " I smile walking pass him.

As soon as I reach the door it opens revealing an exited Liz.

I smile at her as she pulls me into a hug,"We ago have a bad girls night come make me show you around" she holds my hand leading me in.

When I enter my mouth meets the floor, no man a which mansion this?

Rich

"Where's mira?" I ask

"Kitchen, she's doing the snacks but come make mi give you tour"

"Mommy" he calls to his mother,
I forgot he was on the phone.

"Yes Treyvon?" She turns back looking at the screen.

"You good?" He asks her

"Mi good, now leave Tai alone so mi can have har nuh" she says and he laughs.

"Ah go do unuh thing ,later babes" he says to me and i smile at him.

"Later" I hang up.

She leads me from room to room, showing me where everything is. From the foyer to the living rooms, to the dining rooms, to the backyard before we finally head upstairs.

She pushes a door revealing a bedroom, but it's not just any room.

It's Treyvon's.

It's obvious because of the decor, it's definitely him.

"Trey room?" I ask her

She nods.

I continue looking around the room, he has a large flag on his wall accompanied by a JC basketball jersey. On the other side is a rack decorated with trophies and awards mainly for sports and some academics.

I spot a framed photograph of him and a baby, he looks about five in the picture making me assume that baby was Samira.

"This picture is so cute" I say picking it up,
He looks so innocent and sweet.

I wonder if that's how our baby might look one day. If he or she may resemble me or him more.

I definitely hope it gets his smile and those cute dimples.

I'm drawn to his eyes, they look so bright and innocent, completely opposite to them now.

I wonder what happened to him, to take away that sparkle.

"Mi two baby dem" his mom smiles coming closer to me.

**
It's been 3 hours since I've been here and we've just been laughing non stop. My face hurts from how much I've been laughing.

"Mi seh Trey nearly kill me off fi di shoes!" Mira says in an extra tone, she's telling us about the time he went ballistic over her ruining his favorite pair of Clark's.

"End up affi beg daddy fi help mi get it back" she rolls her eyes.

"Him love him Clark's bad" I say putting another popcorn kernel into my mouth.

I glance outside at the backyard and realize it's getting dark,my phone vibrates and I see that it's after 7.

'Unuh soon done?' The message fron Trey reads and I shake my head before responding.

'Miss you miss me?' I ask, he starts typing immediately.

'Yf'

'Gimmie 1 more hour then you can come'

'Ah'

I put my phone down engaging in the conversation once more..

"Wait til you see him stubborn side" his mom says to me, she's laid out on the love seat eating nuts.

"Stubborn side?" I question, wah she mean?

"That boy is so unruly, me? Sorry fi you" she laughs

"Trey stubborn bad?" I ask her, him ago give me problem?

She nods "bad bad"

Samira laughs out,"remember how him used to get suspension Inna highschool because of foolishness"

"Wah unuh a seh to me?and him claim seh him never uses to give trouble like that" I'm shocked, this can't be the same Trey. I mean I know he was a bad boy but him did really that unruly?

"Popcaan neva have nothing pan him" Mira says.

Gyal how you mean? As you look pan him highschool picture you suppose to see dat my subconscious days.

"Never give trouble? That bwoy make mi head hot mi, mi just deh warn you mi daughter" she says.

I smile internally at her referring to me as her daughter.

"Ah bwoy" I hold my forehead in exasperation leaning back

"God please" I say and they laugh.

"We not even deh watch the show" Mira says,

"A true"

We focus back on the show, rewinding it because we missed majority of the plot due to our talking.

An hour passes and a knock on the door causes our heads to turn.

"A who dat?" Liz asks

"Probably Trey" I say getting up and walking towards the door.

Through the glass I see him and a smile finds my face opening it.

"Hi" I hug around his waist looking up at him, he smiles down at me walking into the house.

"Hey baby" he kisses my lips before looking up

"Mira don?"

"Ya?" she shouts from the couch still engrossed in the show.

"Ya take weh mi future daughter in law fah sir?" His mom gets up from her seat.

She comes over sizing him up.

"Mommy look how long you have har" he hisses playfully and she rolls her eyes.

I release my hold on his waist turning to hug her.

"We need fi do this more Tai" she tells me and I smile pulling away.

"Definitely"

Samira comes over and hugs me "bye favorite" she runs her hand over my belly," Bye neicey" she says to my small bump.

I laugh again

"Nephew" Trey corrects her.

"A wah girl mi nah ask" She says to him

"Is a boy" Liz says and Trey bumps her fist.

"Seet deh mommy know"

"We'll see in four weeks" I'm still smiling hard.

They wave to us as we exit the house going into the car, after driving out he puts his hand on my thigh.

"You have fun?" He asks

"Yeah, I really love your mom and sister" I tell him and he smiles.

🤍
Another chapter later ?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Enchanting By hiswife

General Fiction

9.9K 1K 19
Read to find out🤍
4.3K 354 13
Two high school teenagers fall in love. But for how Long? Let's find out and see! First time writer. Fully Jamaican and a straight patios me say. Let...
13.3K 663 14
read and find out bbz
3.5M 107K 65
❝ I don't have time to waste thinking about a boy who will only destroy my future,❞ I say getting closer to him with every word, maybe a little too c...