Marriage Trials {Sequal}

By expnsvv

Sequel to StepFather Before reading this go check out StepFather More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 ~Part 1~
Chapter 10 ~Part 2~
Chapter 10 ~Part 3~
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 ~Part 1~
Chapter 20 ~Part 2~
Chapter 20 ~Part 3~
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue
New Book Out

Chapter 27

307 11 0
By expnsvv

-Alana

"You're stressing yourself out, bro. Real talk just tell him." I rolled my eyes as if he could see me. Of course it was easy for him to say that. He wasn't in my shoes; he had no worries.

"Why don't you tell him, Rome? Shit." I smacked my lips lowly as I looked over at Alissa eating her cereal. I placed a finger to my lips, letting her know not to repeat anything I just said. I really needed to watch my mouth around little kids.

"It ain't my position to tell him. So-"

"So mind your business. I'll tell him when I'm ready." I guess I pissed him off, because he mumbled a 'later' before ending the call. Rolling my eyes because of his dramatics, I locked my phone before placing it to the side of me on the table.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, cutie. Don't worry about me..." I sent her a genuine smile before looking down at her bowl of cereal. I think I poured out too much for her. I gave her the amount that Chris ate. "Why is ma still sleeping? It's almost nine."

"She doesn't work on Fridays; so she sleeps in." I nodded slowly, taking in her words. I was up when Trevor left this morning around seven. He asked if I could make Alissa some breakfast when she wakes up; I guess he knew that ma wouldn't be up around the time that Alissa would be.

"She needs to get up, cause I gotta go." Her face fell just the slightest, causing me to inwardly curse myself for speaking my thoughts aloud. "I mean, I have to go get my stuff from the hotel. I need to change my clothes."

"Great! I don't want you to leave yet. You're my only sister." She smiled faintly at me before pushing her bowl forward, indicating that she was finished eating. I quickly picked up the bowl and dumped the remainders of her cereal into the sink, emptying out the strainer after all of the soggy Frosted Flakes were captured. "Aren't you hungry?"

"Uh, I ate already... Before you woke up." And I did eat breakfast. A slice of toast and a cup of water was all I could get down these mornings. I think the baby didn't want me to enjoy my morning breakfast.

"Okay, as long as you eat. Mommy says its the most important meal of the day. She's a doctor, you know."

"I know," I giggled along with her before picking her up from her seat at the table and resting her on my hip. She was around the same weight as Caelyn, so I wasn't straining at all. Once we entered the living room, ma was sitting on the couch; reading a newspaper. "Good morning mommy."

"Good morning baby. Good morning Lana." I smiled warmly at her before greeting her also.

"When did you get up, ma? I didn't even hear you come down the stairs."

"I just got down here. You guys were laughing it up in the kitchen, so I doubt you heard me," she paused to put her newspaper down and take Alissa from my lap. "You were laughing the loudest... You little hyena." I watched as she tickled Alissa's little tummy; causing her to squirm and let out a myriad of giggles.

"Chill, ma... she just ate." The maternal side of me came out and I was now taking Alissa back from my mother's hold, resting her in my lap again.

"Oh yeah, thanks for giving her breakfast." I nodded lightly, not really interested in what she just said. Alissa was examining each one of my nails, studying the tribal print designs that I had.

"Alana has to go back to her hotel to get change of clothes. Can I go with her, please?" I poked out my bottom lip too, silently begging along with Alissa.

"You want to use the car?"

"Yes, please." I quickly kissed her cheek before running out the living room with Alissa behind me. I really did enjoy being a big sister.

--

"I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon, which means we have all of today and half of tomorrow to bond. What do you want to do?" I looked through the mirror, catching the pouted face she now wore. "Stop pouting, Alissa... We're going to see each other again. Plus, I'll call you all the time and-"

"It's not the same." She fell back onto the bed, covering her face with her little hands. "Come here." I finished buttoning the front of my jeans before turning to her, waiting for her to walk over to me. Once she was standing in front of me, I knelt down to her level and then pulled her into a tight hug.

"I'm not going to miss out on anymore years of your life, alright? I owe you five birthday presents, anyways. So put on your shoes so we can go shopping." I was definitely spoiling her today. Whoever said that money can't buy happiness, obviously haven't been to Toys R Us. I was going to get her anything that she wanted; I'll even pick up some toys for the girls.

-Chris

Watching the girls laugh at the movie that was on the tv, my mind drifted off to Lana. She hasn't texted me back since yesterday, and it was kind of getting to me. I'm trying not to think too much into it, but I have a feeling that she's out there doing something that she has no purpose doing.

I know that she went out there to work things out with her mother and meet her little sister, but damn... Do they need this much of your time? Keeping it real, I think she's out with that Cameron nigga. Probably out having breakfast with him or something. My hands balled up at the thought. I swear if she went behind my back to meet up-

"Daddy, your phone." I looked up at the sound of Caelyn's voice, then followed her little finger over to the coffee table. Indeed, my phone was vibrating. I quickly reached for it and then exited the room before answering the call.

"Hello?"

"I'm sorry I didn't text you back yesterday... I got caught up with Alissa and my mom. Oh my gosh, Chris... I love her so much!" I smiled at the amount of joy that was in her voice. I don't remember the last time I heard her so happy.

"Who, your sister?"

"Yeah... well her and my mom. I didn't know how much I missed my mom until yesterday... When she opened the front door and smiled at me, I felt at home."

"You going soft on me now?" I joked, taking a seat at the kitchen table. She smacked her lips, and probably rolled her eyes too. "Never. I'm just saying-"

"I was just bustin' your balls, babe."

"What did I tell you about saying that? You keep referring to these balls that I DON'T have!" I chuckled, overly amused by her annoyed tone.

"Yes you do have balls. That's the reason why you won't let me smash. You think I ain't know?"

"Chris, bye. It's almost my turn to check out my items. I'll talk-"

"Where you at?"

"Toys R Us. I got the girls some toys... I even picked up something for you too."

"Oh word?! What is it? Is it a bike, no it has to be-"

"BYE, Chris! Lil ass kid..." I chuckled into the line, but quickly frowned once I realized that she hung up on me. She's going to have to stop doing that shit.

XxX

"When is mommy coming back? You're so boring sometimes."

"You a hater, Cae. I swear to God you are." I pulled her small body into mine and stole one of the green grapes from her cup before looking out at Paris in the pool.

"No... I just miss mommy. She's my best friend."

Rolling my eyes, I cupped my hands around my mouth before shouting out, "LAME." Caelyn needed to go somewhere with this ass kissing that she been doing. Been going on for five years now.

"Mommy said I have auntie... she went to see her, you know?"

"Mhm... her name is Alissa. You guys are the same age I believe." I wonder how she looked to be honest. If she looked like Alison, or if she looked anything like Lana.

"I want a baby brother... or a baby sister. I just want to be a big sister, you know?" I chuckled, not because of what she said. But because of the way she ended her sentence. I think this 'you know?' saying was about to be her new catchphrase.

"Tell mommy that when she comes back; then I'll get you a baby brother, or a baby sister. Maybe even both... twinnin'!" She giggled before handing me her cup of grapes and then taking off towards the pool.

"Paris! Help her put on her floaters!"

Caelyn wanted a baby sister or brother... Alana still owed me three more kids, so there's a high chance that Caelyn's request will be granted.

-Alana

[Saturday Night]

"Mommy!"

"Caelyn! Hi baby..." I grinned broadly, dropping my bags beside the couch before picking her up in my arms. I kissed all over her little face before finally gathering her in a hug. "You missed mommy?"

"So much! You are never leaving me again." She pointed her little finger in my face before kissing my nose, and then requesting to be put down. I smirked at Chris, waiting for him to run into my arms also. I know he's missed me like crazy.

"You heard what Cae said, you're never leaving this house again." He kissed my lips deeply before pulling away and pulling me into a warm embrace.

"She didn't even say that..." I rolled my eyes, looking around the living room for my other daughter. "Where's P?"

"It's after twelve, Lana... she's knocked out. The only reason that Cae is up is because she couldn't wait until the morning to see you." He grumbled the last part, shaking his head in the process.

"And what's wrong with that? My baby missed me." I pinched one of Cae's chubby cheeks before turning back to Chris. He only shrugged before waving me over to where he stood.

"What happen?"

"Go to bed, Cae. Lana's gonna see you in the morning." Caelyn pouted, but still mumbled a barely audible 'good night' before exiting the living room.

"Now why did you do that?" He waited until Caelyn was all the way up the stairs, and heard her room door close before he answered my question.

"We need to get you pregnant." My eyes bulged out their sockets, daring to roll out at any given second.

"W-what? Um, what do-"

"Yesterday Caelyn told me that she wanted to be a big sister. We need to get to work; cause you still own me three kids. Preferably all boys." He smirked, suddenly giving me bedroom eyes. Oh shit.

"Chris, no... stop." I easily squirmed out of his arms and ran over to the living room exit, ready to go upstairs. He clenched his jaw, then shook at me before falling back into the couch; obviously pissed.

"Don't be mad at me. I'm-"

"Whatever, Lana I don't care. Do you." Smacking my lips, I only turned on the heels of my chucks and started for the staircase. He needs to chill out. If I don't want to have sex, then I don't want to have sex. Shit. Don't fucking pressure me.

The next morning ... I woke up alone in bed. I immediately groaned, realizing that Chris didn't sleep in the room last night. Was it ever that serious though? Like, grow up. After performing my morning routines in the bathroom, I went next door to each of the girls' room. Neither was in their room, meaning that they were downstairs with Chris.

"Where are the girls?"

"Out back," he mumbled, not once looking up at me as he stored all of his attention on the iPad mini in front of him.

"Can you drop the attitude, Chris? It was never that serious."

"I don't have an attitude." He still wouldn't look up at me, proving me right.

"Alright... It's obvious that you don't want to be bothered with me. I'm going to check on the girls." He mumbled a 'yeah'; still refusing to acknowledge me with his eyes. I only rolled my eyes before quickly exiting the kitchen; not wanting to be around his negative energy for much longer.

"Hi, Paris..."

"Hey." She smiled briefly at me before walking into my open arms. After embracing her in a tight hug, I released her body and allowed her to run over to the swings. I chuckled at the sight of Caelyn struggling to push herself back and forth. As I was about to be of aid to her, my phone vibrated in my back pocket.

"Hi ma..."

"Hey, Lana... I'm assuming the flight went alright. You didn't call or text me last night, so I wouldn't know." I cracked a smile at the little attitude she had. If this is how she was feeling, I can only imagine how Alissa is feeling.

"I'm sorry. After I got off the plane the only thing on my mind was going to see the girls. I was going to text you, but after Chris basically swerved me... I went to bed. It's-"

"You told him?"

"Nope. I will though, soon... or later. Which-"

"Alana," I sighed, not pleased by her tone of voice. She was about to start the lecturing. I could just tell. "You have to tell him... stop wasting time. All this stalling doesn't make any sense. How much longer are you going to keep wearing big shirts to hide the little stomach that you have?"

"I don't wear big shirts to hide my stomach. I wear big shirts because I like them," I lied. She was absolutely right. I didn't want Chris or anyone else seeing my one month baby bump. "Anyways, where's my sister?"

"She's at home with Trevor. I'm at work, so you're going to have to call the house phone." I quickly switched to the home screen, opening up my 'notes'; ready for her to speak the number to me. "Alright, I got it."

"Okay. I have to go, so I'll text you later okay?"

"Okay ma, bye... I love you."

"I love you too, Lana. Please kiss my granddaughters for me. Even though I only know Paris." I smiled, silently agreeing to her wishes with a nod; as if she could see me.

"I will, later."

-x-

Chris was still being a bitch. I honestly don't think that it was that serious for him to ignore me. For what reason? We could have sex... just after the baby is born. "We got into another fight."

"What for?" He quickly patted my stomach before looking back up to meet my eyes. Sighing, I stuffed another cracker into my mouth before speaking. "Because I told him that I was coming to see you."

"Oh... He really is territorial, huh?" I nodded, leaning forward to retrieve my water bottle from the coffee table. "Ya'll not even together though. That's the thing I'm not getting."

"I mean... we're not together, but at the same time we are. It's like, we're friends... but we act like a couple I guess. I sleep at his house almost every night now. I don't even remember the last time that I slept in my own bed at my house."

"Damn..."

"Yeah," I mumbled, taking a big gulp of my water before capping it back. "I really think that you're keeping Nich from me." I side eyed him as I placed my water back in it's previous position. He only chuckled before muttering a 'nah.'

"Yes you are. Whenever I come here to see him, he's never here. I can't win."

"You see me, though. I'm a pretty handsome prize, if I do say so myself." He rubbed his little beard, sending me a small smirk as he did so.

"You swear you're so cute, Romeo. Like no... you're not even all that."

"I was enough to knock you up though. How bout-" His rude statement was cut off by me gripping his soft fro, pulling him over to me. "Stop being so rude."

"Admit it. I was looking good enough that night to get in them pants."

"One, I wasn't even wearing pants that night; I was wearing a dress. And two, the only reason you were looking good is because it was your birthday, I picked out your tux, AND I had liquor in my system. I couldn't see straight. No lie, you looked like Michael Ealy that night-"

"GET THE FUCK OUT!" He pointed to the living room exit, sending me a small smile. I only chuckled before closing my eyes and bringing my hand back up to meet his hair. "I'm thinking about cutting this shit. So you-"

"No... I like it." I stated truthfully before opening my eyes. I turned to look at him, and wasn't surprised when he leaned in to peck my lips. I allowed his tongue full access into my mouth, and his hands got the privilege of going under my shirt; grabbing away at my c-cup chest.

-x--

I walked straight past him and into the room, jogging over to my suitcase that was in the corner by the bed. I didn't even ask him to bring it upstairs for me, only because I knew it would be a struggle to get it down when I was going back home. Which would be now.

"So you're not going to answer me?"

"I honestly didn't even hear your question-"

"Hear it now. Why your neck looking like that?"

"I dont know," I mumbled, already aware that he was referring to the collection of red and purple marks trailing up and down my neck. Rome went it.

"That's why you wanted to go see that nigga? So you could fuck him? But you won't even let me-"

"I didn't fuck him, okay? We just hung out and things got carried away. I don't even know why you care. We're not together." I walked around him, my pulley suitcase being snatched from my hand as soon as I stepped over the threshold.

"What's wrong-"

"Why do you keep saying that shit? We're not together, alright I know that. But if we're trying to fix us, then how-"

"Okay, I'm sorry. I got to go though, so I'll call you later or something." I quickly kissed his cheek, grabbing back the handle of my suitcase from him and then carefully traveling down the stairs.

-Rome

"I told him that I was going home... I had to take my suitcase and everything. It's in the trunk of my car." She shook her head, smiling a little after. "It's not that I don't want him, because I do. But I like you too. I don't know man, I'm not trying to play either of yall either but... I don't know."

I nodded briefly, kind of understanding what she was getting at. "So basically, you love him... but you're feeling me."

"Yes! And it's not a good thing, because at the end of the day Chris is the one that I will choose. But you're going to be in my life for some time now... I guess what I'm trying to say is, I want to continue fucking with you."

"You already know that I'm not looking to settle down anytime soon yet. Shit, I'm only twenty-four; but you about to be my baby moms. I don't want to treat you like some side hoe, because-"

"But I'm treating you like some side nigga," She taunted, leaning forward to bury her hand in my hair. Sighing, I guess she did have a point. "Let's just continue what this is, okay? An occasional mess around thing, but you're still my best friend."

"Best friend with benefits. Don't forget that part." I licked my lips before nodding, letting her know that it was okay to kiss me. I knew that she wanted to, anyways.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Mirror By Jadahx_

Fanfiction

99.3K 5.2K 73
She was forced to turn into him. *Sequel to Relapse*
197K 8.4K 41
5.8K 139 66
277K 4.5K 35
Part Two of "Wayhaught Gets Hotter??" More Love More Passion More Heart Break Most of all MORE WAYHAUGHT!!!