From Rags To Riches

By LouiseAuthor

You've nothing left to lose when you pack up and move from New York to Texas with your college best friend. ... More

Introduction
Characters
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten - Trigger Warning
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen - Trigger Warning
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter Fourty Three
Chapter Fourty Four
Chapter Fourty Six
Chapter Fourty Seven
Chapter Fourty Eight
Chapter Fourty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven

Chapter Fourty Five

1.3K 71 5
By LouiseAuthor

Harry's POV
Trigger Warning

I can feel my heart beat behind my eyes and in my ears. Its like someone is trying to visciously tear open my chest with the way my heart is thumping.

I can feel my hands tremble as I try to touch Hunter, Im afraid his skin might go up in flames it looks so angry, red raw with incisions absolutely everywhere.

I noticed a small hawk has been carved into his chest and I swallow the bile that rises up my throat.

I can hear Georgie's loud cries and I look up to see all the boys running towards me.

I noticed a note has been stapled to his ear lobe but Im afraid to look. Glancing over his face, its barely recognisable. His eyes are so swollen and he has cuts and bruises all over his body. He has stab wounds, everywhere. His legs.... they carved along the veins on his legs.

"Jesus..." Big K looks at Hunter in horror and Kevin and Nancy push us all out of the way.

Im in complete utter shock that I just stand and watch them check over Hunter but I know... hes gone.

I watch Kevin and Nancy as they get to work, Nancy heaves a sigh of relief. "Very faint pulse, he is hanging on by a thread. He needs to be hospitalised urgently. We cant help him here, we dont have the facilities"

"Ill ring an ambo" Moose pulls his phone out dialling the number immediately. I see his mouth moving but I cant hear a thing. My eyes are focused on Hunter.

"Baby" I hear Georgie and I snap out of my trance.

"No, get her out of here. She cant see him like this" The boys run to stop her before she can see the damage the hawks have done. She will be left traumatised and by the roaring and shouting she is directing at me, I would imagine I am in for an earful.

"What can I do?" I ask Nancy and she doesnt even look at me.

"Get your story ready, the cops are going to be all over this".

"Boss, the note" Racer tears the page slightly leaving the staple in Hunter's ear. I take it from him and walk away trying to hold back the stupid emotions that are pushing through every barrier.

I cant fucking lose him.

I see Big K come stand beside me followed by the rest of the boys.

"You want me to read it?" Moose asks but I shake my head, opening it up to see childlike writing fill the page with Jason's signature on the bottom.

I grit my teeth as I begin reading it out loud.

"Dear Harry and his punks,

Bet you're glad to have Hunter back huh? Although I suppose after this he wont be of much use to you.. if he makes it that is.

The cops will be knocking soon and how do you explain this one Harry? The location alone could get you locked up. But when your locked up for murder it should be easy to swoop in and take it all. You're misses will need a baby daddy and Ill make sure to look after your offspring whilst I bury myself inside your woman every night"

I bunch up the letter and throw it on the ground walking away, I need to calm down but fuck I want to scream. I want to kill him, torture him slowly, way worse than Jinx. Im gonna bury him alive.

"Boss, we should probably have a clear our before the -" Moose says as he creeps up on me. "The cops, they will be all over this"

"Get the prospects on it. There's not a lot, just move the unregistered guns and ammo and stall the shipments coming here going forward. The girls have done nothing but clean so there should be no traces."

"We have Molly" Big K interrupts and I sigh pinching the bridge of my nose, fuck I forgot about her.

"Keep her close. I doubt Jason knows we have her yet"

The boys give the orders and I take a moment to just fucking breathe, my chest feels so tight.

A few minutes later I come back to the note on the ground, picking it up I get ready to read on, but I can hear the sirens of the ambo driving up the lane.

Relief floods me knowing Hunter is getting help but I need to read this note and dump it before I get picked up by the cops, cause no doubt they are on there way to try and pin this on me.

"Georgie already fucked over one of us so ill make sure to carve that baby out of her belly and post it back to y'all. Everyone of you will die a painful death one by one, leaving you till last. Ill fuck Pippa plenty whilst your gone.

Revenge is bitter sweet.

See you all very soon

Jason"

I crumple the note up and Racer tugs a lighter from his pocket lighting it up as I drop it to the floor watching it burn at my feet.

"We are all gonna be picked up. This place is an investment, we want to turn it into a bike repair shop and  nobody says anything except Hunter went out on a bender a few days ago and he was dropped off like this on our front lawn okay?" They all nod in agreement and we head over to Hunter who is being moved on to a stretcher by two male paramedics.

"What's his name?" Paramedic number one asks.

"Hunter Johnson, very weak pulse, has lacerations all over his body. Lost an extreme amount of blood."

"We got it from here thank you, what happened to him?" Paramedic number two butts in not letting Nancy finish her sentence.

"We dont know, he was dumped here" Kevin answers correctly and I just stare and watch them buckle him in and wheel him off in a panic.

"Can I travel with him?" I ask, hope evident in my voice. If its his last minutes I dont want him to be alone.

"No, we need the room. He is in bad shape. You can meet us at the hospital. Who is the next of kin?"

Pop jumps in "Me, I am."

"Well you will need proof of that if you want any updates on his health" paramedic two shouts out to us from the ambo before the door is shut on us and the sirens blare again as they rush out of the yard.

***

The cops were not far behind, as the ambo left the yard, the cops drove in at full speed.

I was pushed down on the ground with handcuffs trapping my hands in seconds. Pippa ran out in a panic but Pop held her back.

We were all picked up eventually leaving only Mom, Pippa and Georgie behind.

I was thrown into the back of a wagon along with the boys and we took of towards the station. I presume we are being pulled in for attempted murder or some shit but the cops dont let us explain, if something happens we get picked up, shoved in a van and hauled to the nearest station.

They're so eager to nail us on something but when they get the same answer from us all, they quickly realise that its a waste of time.

Ive played the card that they need to find out who done this, they took all my belongings, no doubt going through my burner trying to catch me on something - ill dump it the minute I step foot out of here and they can only hold me on some bullshit charge for 24 hours.

Im hoping Hunter hangs in for that long.

As if the gods hear me, a large man in a suit and tie comes in followed by the cop that cuffed me, his head hanging low afraid to make contact. Mr Suit apologises profusely over what happened to my 'friend' and told me I was free to leave. He asked if I could stick around town incase we were needed for questioning. I didnt even answer. Fuck those bastards.

The boys were all waiting outside and Mom had pulled up in her jeep as we jumped in, leaving a few straglers behind. They can uber it, fuck it.

Racer, Miles, Big K, Moose, Pop and I squeezed in and then asked at the same time. "Hunter?"

"He's been through the mill, they are still working on him. He needed a blood transfusion. His lung collapsed, every rib is broken, his body is just - its bad" Mom sniffled as she drove along and Pop reached for her hand squeezing it gently.

"The girls are at the hospital. I rang the station pretending to be a very angry lawyer. It worked, they think I am about to sue the county."

"Good thinking. How's Pippa?" I wasnt away too long but I bet she wants to kill me.

"Id wear a jock strap going in here. She is so mad at you for going out on your own, then you get picked up and she just turned into -" mom shivers and I just know Pippa is going to kill me.

I can deal with her, I just want to get to Hunter and find out what the fuck is going on.

As we pull into the hospital, mom drops us off at the door and we all haul ass out of the jeep.

"How did you manage to get information on Hunter without me?" Pop questions and mom rolls her eyes at him.

"We can manage a lot without any of your help. Georgie rang her midwife and she got us what information she could. They might be able to tell you more"

We all nod and close the doors on the jeep. Mom goes to park and Pop waits for her at the door telling us to go inside so we run, the hallways are narrow and filled with nurses and doctors.

When we eventually get to the waiting area in Emergency, the relief on the girls faces tells me Im not in too much trouble but she doesnt jump in my arms either.

"Any update?" I ask, ignoring the tension.

"Nothing. Its been hours." Georgie sits there shaking with the cold. I wrap my cut around her and its not long before Pop and Mom are making there way back inside and taking a seat beside us.

I only noticed that Molly and the baby are here too, fuck!

Pippa sits in her chair quietly rubbing her bump, I bend down to kiss it but she barely aknowledges me. I know I hurt her, I know I put my family at risk going out on my own to Hunter.

But Im not sorry, id rather die than watch any one of my boys die and it was risky walking out so soon after they pulled off. Maybe thats selfish now that I have her and twins on the way. Is that selfish?

"Im sorry" I whisper as I take a seat beside her and she nods her head. I think she is having a battle inside her head. She is hurting and I scared her so ill give her time.

"You scared me and I am so mad at you Harry but I know you need me right now and just know I am with you, okay?" Her voice is laced with emotion and it cracks just at the end of her sentence.

Before I can even respond, the double doors fly open and a surgeon comes over to face us.

"Family of Hunter Johnson?"

** Authors Note **

Will Hunter make it?

Dont forget to vote my lovelies ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 6.8K 40
~They say all good boys go to heaven, but bad boys bring heaven to you~ "Whose gonna suspect the little nerd in the back, no one can even think of y...
115K 4.7K 28
Ellerie has had the worst luck in her life since she could remember. From her parents not caring about her to losing her grandmother after she gradua...
11.4M 253K 37
" W..what are you-" " Do you want me to show all those people who you belong to the easy way or the hard way?" He says deeply, a dark look in his eye...
162K 5.7K 18
"You don't know me Dean, you don't know what I've been though. So don't pretend to be my knight in shining armour you can't swoop in and try and save...