Life After Claire

By quindella101

At the age of seventeen, Shane Cooper had a little baby girl named Claire. After Mia, her mother, left, Shane... More

Babies and Teenagers
Dinner Disasters
Broken Lamps and "Just Friends"
Just one thing after another
Cutting Loose
Breaking Point
What A Day
The Talk
Party for Two
The Call
Snapped
Babysitting
Weekend Get Away
Busted
Sammie-Jean
Only after 4 years
Surprises
Family Circus
Party
Maggie for Mia
Small World
Happiness comming to an End?
Death Changes Things
Drama times ten
The 'L' Word
The fight
Families Stick Together
Life goes on
Fairy Tale
Burnouts
Breaking News
She's stuck in my Mind
Why
Don't Speak
Mia
Mine
The Wedding
The Toasts
Secrets
How can you be this stupid?
Yes
More weddings...Apparently
My Whole Life

The Truth

782 7 3
By quindella101

"Drew, give me another beer." I slur my words and try to stand up but can't so I fall to the floor. "Shane, you can't even stand up. You going to puke every where in a little bit anyway." "I'm not seventeen. I can hold it down now." I tell him but I think he's right, I might puke. "Cole! You need to stop drinking!" My mom tells me. "Okay, I'll tell Cole to stop drinking." "You know I meant Shane." I nod at her. I usually don't drink in front of my family but I was already buzzed once everyone got here.

No one knows where Cole is. I bet Adam knows but he won’t tell us. Cole lied to me. God knows what else he's lied about. When Cole gets mad he gets really mean. He finds the most awful things to say about you and then uses that against you. It made me feel horrible when he brought up the fact that I didn't know where Claire was. I told my mom I could handle my daughter and my brother, i just don't know if I can do that any more.

"Shane! Where is Claire?!" My mother shouts at me. "At my girl friends house, I told you that already." You have a girlfriend and you didn't tell me?" I glare at her. "Are you giving me a dirty look, Shane Alexander?" "No mom." I slur my words since I'm drunk. "Shane, you need to stop drinking." Brittany tells me. "Britt leave him alone." My mom tell her like were little kids. “I think you guys should leave." I say to my mom. "What about your brother?" She asks me. “Mom, it's almost three in the morning. If he was coming back wouldn't he have don’t it by now?" I snap her. I can see the hurt look on her face when she says,"Yeah, I suppose you're right. Come on Robert, get the kids and lets go." She looks like she's about to cry. I hate seeing my mom cry. "Mom, I'm sorry. I have a lot on my mind right now." "I know you're hurting baby." She says pulling me into a hug. "How?" I question. "I'm your mom, I can just tell. That and you don't drink like this when you're fine." "Thanks mom." I say and I watch her and her family leave.

“Brittany, why are you still here." "Hey, just because you made your brother leave doesn't mean you have to be a dick to everyone." Jesse says to me. "Hey, maybe you should get the hell out of my house." I say standing up ready to fight with this bastard. "You better watch your self Cooper." Jesse tells me. "What you 'gunna do about it?" I slur my words then proceed to push Jesse. "Did you just do that?" "Well you didn't fall on by your self." I say "Hey, can I talk to you, in the other room." Drew says pulling my arm while Adam grabs the other and they pull me into my room. "Babe, Can you some with me?" Brittany says to Jesse pulling him into Cole's room.

"Shane, get your self together!" Drew yells at my and shoving on my bed. "I could have totally taken that guy!" I yell at him."Yeah, and your sister would hate you forever for beating up her future husband!" Adam says joining in with the yelling. I roll my eyes at them. "Whatever." I mumble under my breath. "You need to sober up." Adam tells me. "No I'm fine." I say then run into my bathroom and throw up. Adam rolls his eyes after I come back and sit on my bed.

“Adam, just tell me that he's safe and somewhere he won't get into trouble." I ask him. I knew Adam knows where Cole is. He wouldn't leave like this and not tell Adam, they tell each other everything. I think they're closer then Drew and I and that's hard to beat. “He’s safe." Adam says avoiding eye contact with me. "...And staying out of trouble right?" I ask slowly. "He could be." Adam says. "What the hell does that mean?" Drew asks. "He's at Noah's house." He spits out. "But don't say I said anything, he's blackmailing me." "With what?" Drew asks. Adam hesitates "Nothing..." "He's at the girl's house, and they're probably getting it on. Awesome." I groan and look up at the ceiling. "Just because I'm not a virgin doesn't mean all I care about is sex." Cole says standing in my door way.

The first thing I want to do is hug my brother. But I don't. "Why did you come back?" I ask him. "You want me to leave?" He says in a smart ass way. "We can talk about this in the morning, you two need to get some sleep, you both look like crap." Drew says pointing at me and my brother. "Okay, fine." I say and watch Cole and Adam walk out of the room, I throw some blankets and pillows on the floor for Drew and right as I'm about you turn off my light Cole and Adam walk back into my room.

"Why are you back?" I ask them. "Our sister is making out with some guy in my bed." Cole says irritated. "That's 'cause Britt had to take Jesse in the other room before Shane kicked his ass." Drew says sounding tired. "You two sleep here. I'll push Shane on to the other side of his bed, and we don't speak of us sharing a bed ever again. Understand?" A very pissed off Drew says to Cole and Adam." We wouldn't want Kelsey to get jealous now would we?" Cole jokes. I can see Drew tense up at the mention of his girlfriend's name. “Shut up." Drew snaps at him. "I didn't say any-" "Cole go to bed." I say cutting him off. He rolls his eyes and I turn off the light.

3:00 am. I glance over at the clock. Another sleepless night, just perfect. I miss my daughter. It's not like I would be spending time with her right now, it's just that even when she's not in the house I can't stand it. God knows what I'll do when she gets older and starts having sleepovers. The thought of Claire growing up scares me. I know I can't protect her from everything that I would like. I text Hannah to check in on Claire.

Hey babe, hows claire?

Sleeping. like her daddy should b

I wish i cud!

u wanna come over?

i have my brother and drew over.

so? they wont no!

k i will. see you soon.

Hannah wants me over and my daughter is over there so I should be too. Right? Drew will kill me if he finds out that I bailed the night that Cole and I have a huge fight. Truth is, I can't be with them right now. I want to forget everything that was said to me tonight. That's basically why I started drinking. Sometimes Drew thinks I have a problem since I drink every time I want to just forget something. He's just being paranoid. It's not I'm doing anything wrong. I never go overboard when I have Claire.

"Hi." Hannah says while smiling at me. " " Hi" I sigh and sit down on the couch. " What have you herd on your brother?" She asks since she knows that's what's bugging me. "He's home. Everyone was too tired to say anything." "Well, it's good that he's at home." she comforts me, or at least tries. "He lied to me." I sigh again. "About what?" My girlfriend asks me. "He told me he was a virgin and I totally bought it." Hannah starts laughing. And it's not like a little giggle it a full on laugh, her eyes are watering and her face is red and she is gasping for air. "What's so funny?" I say staring at her weird. "You actually thought your seventeen year old brother was a virgin?" She says holding back the laughter. "Yeah, after what happened to me? I thought maybe he was afraid or something." I say "Were you a virgin at seventeen?" I hesitate before telling her, "No, were you?" She nods her head at me. " I didn't lose it until i was seventeen and a half." "Wow." I mumble. "Why how old were you?" "You want the truth?" I ask her. She nods again at me. “Thirteen." I say sheepishly. She mouth drops open which makes me laugh. "You little man whore!" She jokes with me.

"It's my turn!" Hannah shouts at me. We got bored and we started playing some question game she uses to play with her friends in high school. “Okay, who do you think is the hottest celebrity?" “Oh too easy, Emma Stone for sure." I tell her and she laughs. "Alright, Favorite TV show." I ask her. "House." She says without even having to think about it. "House? Really?" I say making fun of her. "It's awesome!" She says getting defensively. "Cole always liked that show, I never did." I say smiling back at her.

Hannah and I continue our game up until we hear the a knock on the door. "Who's that?" I ask her. She has a scared look on her face and says "I don't know, I'm not excepting anyone over. Especially not at seven thirty in the morning." "You stay in the back with the babies, I check this out. Everything will be fine, I promise." I give her a quick kiss and watch has she disappears into the back of the house.

I know I'm in my underwear, but I really don't care at this point. "Can I help-" I stop mid sentence after I see Drew staring at me. He looks like he wants me back me over with his truck. "Yeah, you can help me. By getting your ass back in your house." "I just came here to get Claire, I've only been here for ten minutes at most." I try to lie to him. I say try because if there is one person I can't lie to, it's my best friend Andrew. "I've been up since four and you weren't there Shane." "Damn." I mumble. "Get Claire and lets go." Drew demands.

"Can I get dressed first?" I ask giving him a dirty look. "Shane, I don't think you understand that your brother might leave again. Or maybe you do and you just don't care about anybody your self now? When the hell did that start happening?" I wave Drew inside the house so we can yell at each other without making a scene. "Drew, Shut up. You know that's not true." I yell while putting my jeans back on. "Really?’Cause ever since you starting dating Hannah, all you are about is your self." He says back at me. "How can you even say that?" "The Shane that I knew wouldn't have left in the middle of the night when his brother went missing just so he could have sex." "I didn't have sex last night! I couldn't handle being in the house! I missed my daughter! I was way the fuck stressed out! And to top it all off I realized my brother probably hates me! I yell at Drew some more "Oh, and Maggie called me last night. That's who number that was." I run my hands over my face and sit down.

"Wait, Maggie? Like my ex-girlfriend and the mother of your child’s best friend that Maggie? I nod. "Why is she contacting you?" "She was asking me about Claire mostly." I tell my best friend. "Mostly? What else did you guys talk about?" I sigh, "We talked about you for a little bit." He looks up from his feet and asks, "What did you guys say about me?" "She wanted your number so she could talk to you about...” My voice trialed off. "Shane... talk to me about what?" Drew says frozen in fear. "About your child." Drew looks like he's about to pass out. "M-m-my what?" "I'm just kidding!" I yell fighting back a smile. "I hate you." Drew says dryly. "Holy crap, I didn't think you'd freak out like that." "How could I not?!" He says punching my arm. "Where's your girl?" He asks changing the subject. "Back with Claire, Adien, and Dillon." I say to him. "She has two kids?" He asks like he's never herd of that before. "Yeah, so?" He shrugs his shoulders. "I'll get Claire and we can leave." I say walking into the back of the house."

" It's just Drew, nothing to worry about." I say smiling at her. "I know I could hear you guys screaming at each other." She laughs. "I also herd a naughty word come out of your mouth." She says motherly and waves her finger at me. "I don't usually say that, it just happened. I'm sorry." I say thinking how glad I am that Claire didn't hear it. "Did you use to curse a lot?" She asks. I nod, "Yeah, every other word our of my mouth was a curse word." I tell her as I walk in the babies’ room.

"Daddy!" Claire screams and runs to my legs so I can pick her up. "Did you have fun last night?" I ask her excitedly. "Yeah!" "You want to go home and see Uncle Cole and Uncle Drew?" "Uncle Cole's hard daddy." She says innocently. The look on Hannah's shocked face makes me want to laugh but I can’t or Claire won’t take me seriously. "Claire, I don't want you saying that. It's a yucky word. Understand?" I say to her in all seriousness. "Okay daddy." She says and starts to sniffle since she just got in trouble. "Claire, go see who's in the living room." She runs out to go find Drew.

"I should go." I say to Hannah. "Come here." She says I walk over to her and we start to kiss. Every time we kiss I never want to leave. I open my mouth to deepen the kiss and I feel her tongue slide over mine. It sends shivers down my spine since to feels so good. Oh man I don't want to leave; I could do this all day long for the rest of my life. "Don't you ever come up for air?" Drew says ruining the moment completely. “I hate you." I tell him. "Looks like I have to leave babe, I'm sorry." "No worries, I understand." She says smiling. "MOMMY!" Dillon comes out crying. "What is it baby?" "Brother bit me!" She says between sobs. “I have to take care of this." She says walking out the room with Dillon. "Let's go guys." I say.

"Cole, you still here?" I call out when I open the door and walk inside. "Why would I come back just to leave again?" He says being a smartass. "Why did you come back?" I ask sitting at the bar. "My girlfriend told me to." He says making himself a sandwhich."That's it?" I say getting annoyed. "Shane, I'm sorry i lied to you." He says avoiding eye contact with me." I kinda lied too..." I say looking at him. I know that Drew is listening to every word we're saying too. "Wait, what did you lie about?" "Same thing you did." I look down at the bar. "You're not a virgin?!" He jokes. "I wasn't seventeen." I do t laugh at his joke at all which makes him roll his eyes at me. "I'm pretty sure you know what my question is..." I sigh, not wanting to tell him the truth. "Shane just tells me. It's not I'm mom or anything." "Thirteen" I say and look over at Drew. Who already the whole truth from the beginning. He was there that night actually. I look back over at Cole who looks really surprised. "Who was she?" "Why do you even care?" I ask dryly. He shrugs at me.

"When are Brittany and Jesse going to get out of my room?" He asks me annoyed. To be honest I completely forgot they were there. “Go wake them up." I yawn at him. "Too busy with your girlfriend to get sleep?" He grins at me. "No, yours." I tease. "Burn!" Drew yells from the other room. "No one even says that anymore." I shout back at him. "That's not even legal." Cole says in response to my joke. "You’re just mad 'cause you suck at come backs." "If I wanted my cum back I would have wiped it off your girlfriends face." He says. Drew and I can't help but laugh at my brother disgusting comment. "You’re sick." I say between laughs. "Yeah, so I've been told." Cole says laughing. "What's so funny?" Jesse asks coming out of Cole's room in nothing but boxers. All three of us stop laughing completely. "Nothing." Cole mumbles while putting the sandwich stuff back in the fridge

"Where's my sister." I ask him looking down at my phone. "We had a...wild night last night, she's probably tired." He says winking at me. That pisses me off since I know that Brittany wouldn't have done something like that in my house. “I’m glad I kept her around. You know?" He winks at Drew this time but Drew gives him a glare and looks away. "Don't talk about my sister like that. Ever. She isn't an object you can just throw away when you’re bored. If you hurt her even if you marry her, I will kick your ass. Understand?" I snap at him. He looks frozen in fear. I can't tell you how many times that I’ve beaten Jesse up, but lets just say it's a lot. He nods at me in agreement and fear. Good, he should be afraid of me.

"Claire, come here and let daddy do your hair." I call out to her. "No! Auntie does it!" She says pointing to Brittany who finally woke up around noon or so. "Shane relax I'll do it." She tells me yawning. "It must be nice to sleep in 'till noon." I say mocking the fact she just woke up. "Yeah, well it's not like you wouldn't know." She says giving me a look. She's referring to the fact I never woke up earlier then two in the afternoon before I had Claire. "I wish I could." I say look at my daughter.

"When's the wedding?" Adam says. I almost forgot he was here since he's so quiet. The room goes silent. Which I thought was weird since Brittany should be overly excited about her wedding. She’s only been talking about it since she was like eight. "We um, don't know yet." Brittany says. "Hey, Britt, Can I talk to you about babysitting Claire next weekend?" I say and point to my room. She gives me a weak smile and nods.

"What's going on?" "He isn't really in a hurry to have the wedding." She says softly. "Are you sure you want to marry him Britt, you can do so much better." "Shane, stop." She looks over at me. "Okay, I'm sorry." "What's going on with you lately? You seem edgy." "Maggie's been calling me. Freaking me out a bit." "Wow. What about Mia?" I shrug my shoulders “That’s what I'm afraid of."

A/N: Hello wattpadders :) hope you liked this chapter, it was really long and took FOREVER to upload but it’s finally here! Enjoy. Anyone can message me on here if they have ideas I'll read them if you write them (: tootles for now

Fan~*Comment~*Vote~*Tell your friends (:

<3 Quinn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78 1 28
Autumn is a Junior in high school. She has six siblings that she cares for, always on her toes and can't seem to catch a break with anything whether...
2.1M 53.5K 51
As a result of the tragic death of her father; Heaven Foster's life has mouldered into a exasperating cycle of moving from one home to another. Con...
1.1K 28 61
This is a story about a young girl named, Adaline Bowman. When Adaline's mother and father go away on a business trip, Adaline is sent to stay at her...
148K 2.9K 36
All throughout her childhood Kelsey has been known as Jason's little sister. She's also been known for being quiet, shy, and just a follower. She wa...