Empire

By writingathome23

Lux has been thrust into the Upper East Side after loosing her parents. A year later she's still struggling t... More

Chapter 1: Coming Home
Chapter 2: It's A Sandwich, Chuck!
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73: New Haven Can Wait
Chapter 74
PLEASE READ
Chapter 76: Shotgun To The Heart
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
NOTE: PLEASE READ
{Empire Video}
Chapter 82
Chapter 83: Heroic
Chapter 84: Thank You
Chapter 85: Goodbye New Haven
Chapter 86: Breakfast With The Brady's
Chapter 87: A Wager Fit For A Bass
NOTE: PLEASE READ
Note
Gossip Girl Exclusive

Chapter 27

8.8K 227 33
By writingathome23

Fanfic: Empire Ch 27, Gossip Girl | FanFiction

A/N: 110 reviews?! Seriously, this is freaking amazing! Thank you so much you guys! I'm sure if you even read these little notes you're probably sick of me saying thank you by now, but THANK YOU! I spend hours working on these chapters and when I get a review it makes it all worth it! Or if I'm having a bad writing day I'll reread some of your reviews and they always pull me out of my funk. I love you all and you all deserve hugs and loads of happiness in your life!

Also, I know this note is long, but I like to help other writers out from time to time and I just read a story called 'Apples' by PurchasedByFools and it's simply amazing! It's a GG fic Chuck/OC as well. GO READ AND FOLLOW IT! :) You won't be disappointed!

Without further ado....

Chapter 27

Chuck's Point of View

The majority of my Spring Break was spent bonding with my soon to be step-brother Eric, despite Serena's attempts to thwart our every plan. She should be glad little Eric has someone like me to guide him properly in this fucked up world we all live in. I needed someone to hang out with too since Nate is still in his pouting phase. We haven't spoken since our big throw down in front of the school three weeks ago. I figured he'd be pissed off, sure. But, his silence has become deafening. Then there's Lux...

When I'd arrived at The Waldorf's and Blair informed me that Lux was fleeing New York, I honestly didn't know how to feel about it. My mind spun and somehow I just couldn't let her go. I'll admit I was a total dick to her and may have felt the slightest ounce of remorse for the cruel thing's I said to her and outing her sexual history to the entire school. If she knew I was behind the Gossip Girl blast that went viral I'm pretty sure she'd have me killed or do it herself. She's been in hiding since she decided to stay. Not one spotting of her out and about in the past three weeks. I could still taste her lips on mine and found myself thinking of her constantly...What the hell is wrong with me? I can have any girl in New York at the snap of my fingers, but yet no one else seems to even compare to her or what we shared...

The Bass's and the Van Der Woodsen's have officially blended our households together. We'd moved into the Van Der Woodsen's newly renovated fully furnished penthouse two weeks ago. I have to admit, if only to my-self it was nice having everyone around. It beat spending my nights in seclusion in my suite at The Palace.

Although, I'm not exactly sure how we are all supposed to coexist with one another. I'm looking forward to the merging of our two families and all of the adventures that it may bring. With that said, I decided to wonder upstairs into Serena's bathroom and smoke the joint that has been calling my name since I crawled out of bed this morning. Making my way through the stacks of cardboard moving boxes that have become her room I slid the wooden doors open to her bathroom and turned the water on in the shower before perching myself up onto her vanity. I'm almost surprised no one mentioned the mouthwatering aroma of the joint that had been resting in the pocket of my suit jacket. This shit was rank, which meant it would be good. Steam from the shower filled the bathroom as I lit the joint and took a few drags off of it, breathing the smoke into my probably already destroyed lungs. There's a saying I try like hell to live by, 'Inhale the good shit and exhale the bullshit.' The mirror fogged up from the steam hiding my reflection as I eyed all of Serena's beauty products lining the granite counter top. What the hell does she look like without of this shit? A faint knock on the bathroom door caused me to look up and over to the door.

"Is someone in there? I hear the shower running! Chuck is that you? I swear to god!" Serena yelled from the other side of the door, continuing to pound her dainty freshly manicure hand on the door. I laughed as I took another hit off my joint.

"Chuck! I'm serious, are you done yet! It's late and not to mention disgusting!" Serena whined from the other side of the door. I chuckled silently to myself and ignored her as she knocked on the door furiously once again. Ah the joys of having a sibling.

The doors to the bathroom glided open and Serena walked in with her hand shielding her eyes. I watched amused as she slowly removed her hand from her eyes and glared at me.

"What are you doing?" She whispered confused as to why I was sitting on her vanity.

"Alright ladies, move over. My sister needs to shower. Make room." I announced as I stared at the ceiling momentarily as Serena's eyes landed on the empty shower stall. I laughed and took another hit, letting the smoke escape through my nose. Serena snatched the joint out of my hand and tossed it into the sink.

"I can't believe you lit up in my bathroom!" She shrieked.

"Well, if I lit up in mine, the folks would know it was me." I stated the obvious. Oh, how I enjoyed getting her all worked up. She made it too damn easy.

"Let's get one thing straight, our parents may be insisting on blending our households, but I am not your sister. I do not share any of your DNA nor do I ever wish too!" She told me as she grabbed the collar of my shirt and tried to yank me off the counter. I turned to face her and fished the barely lit joint out of the sink and smirked at her.

"Then I suggest you get new hand towels." I informed her grinning, while she through a royal temper tantrum trying to physically remove me from her bathroom. I remained seated on the counter enjoying my morning torment.

"It's imperative that I bathe. Now get out!" She yelled again, propping her hands on her well defined hips. After I leaned back into the counter Serena let out an inaudible sound and stormed back into her room, tripping on one of the moving boxes by the door.

"I'll just get dressed and then go pick up Blair and Lux." She mumbled under her breathe as I wondered into her room and relaxed on her bed.

"How is the shut in these days?" I asked as I watched Serena hustle around her room searching for something to wear.

"How do you think she's doing, Chuck? The entire school humiliated her and Nate won't speak to her." Serena snapped out as she grabbed my arm forcefully I might add and shoved me out of her room.

"Why are you asking about her? Do you like her as more than a fling?" Serena asked, studying my face. My throat caught and I shook my head.

"Please, remember who you're talking too." I shot out as she rolled her eyes and slammed the door in my face.

I made my way into my bedroom and pulled on my black coat and grabbed my messenger bag before heading down the stairs to join the family for a quick breakfast. It's not possible for me to like her as more than a friend. I'm Chuck Bass it's not my style. Eric was standing on the spiral staircase looking around the corner as if he was trying to avoid someone. Serena walked past me and noticed him as well.

"What are you doing?" Serena half laughed out at Eric.

"I'm hiding from my valet. He wanted to put my socks on for me this morning. Your servants are very attentive." Eric chuckled as I clamped my hand on his shoulder and followed him down the remaining steps.

"You should meet Brigita- new Latvian maid. Smoking' hot." I said, as Eric laughed and shook his head. Serena pulled him away from me and scowled at me.

"No, no, no, you should not meet Brigita. He's fourteen, Chuck." Serena chastised me. I rolled my eyes as we strolled through the living room into the kitchen.

"Need I remind you that you used to have a sense of humor, or did someone steal it from you while you were slumming it in Brooklynn with your boy toy?" I shot back at her. We all three made it into the dining room where Lily and my father were already enjoying their morning feast. The chef went all out this morning. My father hardly acknowledged our appearance in the room. His face was buried into the morning paper, like usual.

"Good morning." I said, as I sat down at the table taking a sip of the orange juice that was placed in front of me shortly after. Lily removed the sunglasses that were hiding the hangover she surely had from the business dinner her and my father had attended last night.

"Good morning, kids." Lily sighed as she looked over her wedding binder.

"So first day back to school, honey you didn't want to shower." Lily said, looking at Serena's grungy appearance. I laughed under my breath while she shot daggers at me from across the table.

"I have to go meet Blair and Lux. Eric, let's go." Serena demanded grabbing a pastry off the table and waiting for her brother to follow her like a lost puppy on a tight leash. She needed to loosen the reigns a bit and let the kid be himself.

"That's alright, we'll take the limo." I said, glancing at Eric who was more than thrilled. I heard the crinkle of my father closing the paper and watched while he checked his phone downing the rest of his expresso.

"As my best man, I expect you to keep things smooth until the wedding." He said. He must have noticed the slight tension between Serena and me in our conversations this morning. I'd almost choked on a drink of orange juice when I realized what my father had said to me.

"Best man?" I questioned, looking at him with furrowed brows. I doubted he'd even want me in the wedding party, let alone to take on the responsibility of becoming his best man. My father eyed me skeptically as I sat there. "I'd be honored, sir." I replied, hiding a small smile.

Lux's Point of View

Wakey, wakey, Upper East Siders. Spring break is done, and I'm starved for the dish.

Were you sunning in Capri or sinning in Croatia? Or did you spend your break burrowed under the covers like a hermit crab, now that you've been exiled? Give me all the deet's lovelies!

XOXO

Gossip Girl

I wiped the sleep out of my eyes reading the latest blast and then tossed my phone into the wicker garbage can beside my bed and rolled onto my side. My life is over. I hugged my pillow and drifted back off into wonderland. Today's the first day back to school since I decided not to run away to Florida. I'm starting to wonder why the hell I didn't just get on the plan and leave. Then I remembered Chuck and Serena both persuading me to stay...for whatever it's worth.

My bedroom door flew open and in rushed Blair. I moaned and covered my head with my pillow as she swung the curtains over my windows open letting the light flood into my dark room. "Go away!" I grumbled hearing her barge into my closet and move clothing around. Why couldn't she just let me be? I've been doubling up on my Prozac attempting to stay sane while my world and reputation go down in flames.

"It's time to wake up, L. You're sleeping with your chocolates again?" Blair scolded me as she grabbed the comforter and yanked it off of me, leaving me cold and annoyed. I grabbed the box of chocolates and held them close. My mother always said chocolate makes everything better. She was wrong, but it did help some. Blair rolled her eyes and tried to snatch the half eaten box of candy away from me.

"Lady Godiva, one of my only friends!" I cried out, and snuggled into the warmth and protection of my bed once again.

"Serena will be here soon, you need to get ready!" Blair commanded smacking me with a pillow. I buried my head under a throw pillow and hoped she'd give up and leave. Then I remembered it was Blair, and the likelihood of that happening was slim to none.

"I have watched you mope around this apartment the entire three weeks we've been off school. Enough is enough! Now get your ass out of bed before I go all Freaky Friday on you and drag you out of bed!" Blair hollered at me. I sighed and sat up in the bed and looked at her rolling my eyes.

"I'm not going to school!" I informed her.

"Yes you are, your skin hasn't seen sunlight in weeks. I promise it won't burn off if you step outside." Blair smirked at me. I hadn't left the apartment since we went on break.

"You know you could have gone to Aspen with the girls, Jenny did invite you after all." I snapped, getting to my feet and heading into the bathroom to brush my teeth. Blair scoffed and followed after me.

"Please, like I would go anywhere with her. Besides, she targeted you so she targeted me. If she thinks she can overrule me, she's wrong. We have some serious scheming to do to knock her back into her rightful place. Or are you opposed?" Blair asked, as I spit and rinsed out my tooth brush.

"You do what you have to do. Jenny is fair game as far as I'm concerned." I told her, eliciting a giddy expression from her. No one did revenge better than Blair. I smirked as I headed into my closet to see what Blair had picked out for me. Blair followed me back into my bedroom and pulled out her phone, no doubt texting Nate. I looked at the carpet when I thought of him.

He hasn't even spoken to me at all. I've tried calling him and texting him, but he's doing a stand up job at avoiding me. I can't say I blame him. I lied to him about everything. "I'll meet you downstairs in five." I said, walking into the bathroom with my clothes to take a shower.

After I'd gotten out of the shower I smeared the steam off the mirror and looked at myself. I'm a total train wreck. Nate will probably never forgive me and I would rather die than have him treat me like I have the plague. I pulled on a pair of white lace embroidered leggings and a black and green pencil skirt, tucking my white button blouse in underneath it. I quickly pulled my damp hair into a French braid before running around my room searching for books and notebooks. I pulled on a bright yellow blazer as I rushed down the stairs.

I slipped on my black short side zipped boots in the elevator down to the lobby and caught up with Blair and Serena outside. We walked to school silently for a while. Letting the birds chirping fill our ears as they greeted us on the side walk on the beautiful spring day. Spring my ass; I should have grabbed a coat. I shuffled through my bag and pulled out a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses and hid behind them. "You know what; I left my dignity back at home, so I don't think I'm going to come to school today ladies." I said, stopping and looking at Serena and Blair.

"Yes you are!" They both said in unison grabbing my wrists and pulling me along between them.

"It's fine!" Serena said, shaking her head at me. Yeah, maybe for her she didn't have the entire school slut shaming her.

"At least you get to wake up from your nightmares. I'm living with mine, Chuck is absurd. Thankfully, I have a date with Dan tonight. Finally the return of some normalcy!" Serena complained. My heart skipped a beat at the sound of his name. I've been so preoccupied worrying about seeing Nate and the mean girls at school I'd forgotten I had him to contend with as well. I stopped walking again felt like turning around and running home.

"Lux, what are you doing!" Blair questioned me, glaring at me.

"Giving home schooling some serious consideration!" I snapped back at her. She grabbed my arm and pulled me forward as I whined and through a faux temper tantrum. I gave up and fell into step with them.

"Look I know you think everyone's still talking about you, but they aren't. Your three week old scandal is ancient history. I swear! Besides, did you even hear what happened over break?" Serena said, trying her best to make me feel better.

"Who would she have heard it from? Dorota?" Blair laughed as I shoved her arm.

"Well after much concerted effort Maya finally made it into Brody Jenner's cell phone. Koti's father moved their entire family back to Israel. And let's not forget Constance's bad-girl-turned-good Serena Van Der Woodsen moved in with Chuck Bass!" Serena said causing Blair and I to bust out laughing. Maybe she's right, maybe no one will remember my indiscretions and I'll be able to fly under the radar....

We made our way to school and worked our way through the crowd of kids blocking the steps. Everyone looked at me and whispered as we went by. Serena and Blair looped their arms through mine as we headed up the stairs. I looked up to see Nate on the other side of the stairs. He glanced at me briefly before turning and hightailing up the staircase.

"I'm working on Nate. He'll get over it." Blair whispered, as I lowered my head and continued up the stone steps. I felt something hit my head and looked up to see our old group of girls hovering over the balcony above. Jenny was smirking twirling a spoon in one hand and a yogurt in her other hand, while the entire junior class burst out into a laughing fit, at my expense. I glanced at B and S before making a beeline into the school.

I felt so embarrassed, humiliated yet again. I jogged down the hallway running directly into guess who...Chuck. He caught me before I fell backwards and looked at me with sympathy. He took in the yogurt in my hair and the tears fighting their way out of my eyes and led me down the hallway into the girl's bathroom, locking the door behind him. He didn't say anything to me as I hurried over to the paper towel dispenser and yanked a few out, wiping my hair off. I felt him move closer to me and take one of the paper towels and run water over it, helping me wash the yogurt that had ran down the side of my face. "Why are you helping me?" I asked, as he continued to wipe the side of my cheek.

"Because this is my fault." He mumbled, causing me to look at him. He threw the paper towels in the trash before turning and looking at me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him.

"I was pissed that you'd pushed me away after the whole pregnancy thing, that I sent a tip into Gossip Girl that may have caused all of this. I didn't know it would be this bad for you." He said, looking at me taking a step in my direction. I stepped away from him, shaking my head. Of course it was him...

"You're unbelievable Chuck! How could you do this?" I yelled at him, slamming my hand into his shoulder. "You ruined my life! My reputation is trashed because of your hurt ego!" I cried, hitting him in the chest again. He stood there and took it as I let out all of my frustration and anger on him. I hated him. I hit in the chest again eventually breaking down in front of him.

Chuck looked at me like he was uncomfortable with me crying in front of him, but he stepped forward and placed his hand on my elbow gently pulling me into him. I shoved him away not wanting him to even touch me, but he tried again and I rested my head on his shoulder letting him rub my back. "I never meant for all this to happen, Lux."

I peeled myself away from him and wiped my eyes and cleared my throat. Kids were pounding on the bathroom door to get in. "Stay away from me Chuck." I said before unlocking the door and walking out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8K 340 14
The story focuses on the Characters while they're in high school still. Blair is dating Nate, but she has some history with Chuck of some of the thin...
8K 124 21
Having what she wanted wasn't a new feeling for Lena, but living in the Upper East Side she knows the storm is coming. Someone is coming after the ma...
270 15 15
Charlotte Bass, the twin of Chuck. She's always loved Nate but wouldn't DARE to step on her beloved Blair's toes. Or even upset Serena. She's Charlo...
1M 15.9K 124
Flavia Van Der Woodsen is New York's It Girl #1. Flavia's life isn't as perfect as you might think. It's the opposite. She seems cool from the outsid...