From Rags To Riches

Oleh LouiseAuthor

You've nothing left to lose when you pack up and move from New York to Texas with your college best friend. ... Lebih Banyak

Introduction
Characters
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten - Trigger Warning
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen - Trigger Warning
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter Fourty Three
Chapter Fourty Four
Chapter Fourty Five
Chapter Fourty Six
Chapter Fourty Seven
Chapter Fourty Eight
Chapter Fourty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven

Chapter One

6.2K 183 4
Oleh LouiseAuthor

* This book is currently under extensive editing *

19th June 2009

So this is it, seventeen years of my life spent in care in New York, four years spent in college in NYU and I still have nothing. 

Well I have an accountancy degree and a person in my life I actually care about but she's leaving and once again I find myself alone. But I'm determined, if Georgie has shown me one thing it's to take life by the horns and do you. "Don't wait around for shit to happen, go get it girl" was her motto and I promised to live by it. 

We were sat in our dorm room after packing it all up and everywhere just looked so bare. It's been the best four years of my life and I'm struggling to keep my emotions in check. Mostly because this blonde bimbo is leaving me and I'm scared of what awaits me outside these four walls. 

"You packed? Movers will be here to collect our stuff soon" Georgie asked as she tapped away on her phone ignoring me and my raised eyebrow. 

"To collect our stuff? I've agreed with the admissions desk to store my stuff here for a few weeks until I get myself sorted with somewhere to stay. The only place I am going is to a grubby motel with a rucksack until I find a job" I half joked but my voice sounded bitter cause that was in fact my plan. 

I got paid off the state, financial aid and a full scholarship was granted because I was an orphan and I worked my ass off. My social worker pushed hard on my behalf so that I could have something that I earned and had for myself. Ill forever be grateful to her.

It was a decent amount, enough to live comfortably in college but out in New York where you had to pay bills, it didnt even scratch the surface.

My social worker was the only mother figure I had in life, I tended to move from one family to the next and I made it hell for anyone who thought about keeping me. It sounds stupid and you're probably thinking I'm an idiot, that I could have been happy, but anyone who was interested in fostering me was doing it for the money and my life with them was less than stellar so it was easier to land myself back in the orphanage, the food was hot and the people were understanding. 

Georgie just stood smiling at me, her phone now neatly tucked away in her pocket. "You didn't think I was leaving New York without you did you?" She opened her arms to me but I stood still, my feet cemented to the wooden floor. 

"To Texas? I can't!" 

"And why not? Pippa give me one good reason why you should stay here babe?" 

I studied her for a minute. Was she being serious? I couldn't possibly leave. 

"Well I actually have a date with -" 

"Oh please Pip, these last four years have been hook up after hook up. You can do that in Texas. In fact the boys are even hotter. Change of scenery, better eye candy, trust me" she walks over to me pulling my hands into hers and looking at me with her pity face. I hate that stupid face and she knows it. 

"Pippa, we are family. Don't you agree?" 

I nod my head because of course I know that. She damn well won me over in the first few seconds when we met four years ago. The room was upside down as she decorated it and a boy with a black leather jacket hung up some shelving. She introduced herself as my new best friend and neither of us looked back since. 

"I know we are family Georgie, but Dallas, Texas? You said you didn't even want to return home. It's overbearing and not the life you wanted, remember?" Those were her words last year after a drunken phone call with her ex, the man that has always held her heart. Also her words. She sets up our bodyguard with students on our nights out when she wants to let loose. He never complains so its a win win for my girl.

"I love my family and I want to go home. But I won't go unless you come with me" the guilt trip. This woman. 

"What about my social worker? I don't think I can just up and leave" 

"Already handled. I wrote her a letter to say a job opportunity came up in Dallas and you want to take it. She said and I quote 'Pippa honey, follow your dreams, I always knew you were special, keep in touch and I will always be here if you need me', see?" 

Georgie grabs the letter from her back pocket unfolding it and shoving it into my hand as I read those exact words from Helen. I knew I didn't have to stay in contact with my social worker. I was twenty one years old, I wasn't anyones responsibility, I was on my own and couldnt make my own decisions, but I'm scared.

I'm scared of life, scared that things won't work out. That I was doomed from the minute I was left by my parents freezing cold in the middle of no where.

"Pippa, it's time to start living your life. You had a really rough start and I know life has been one scary place for you. But we have each other and I promise I won't ever let you down, come to Texas, let's live our best lives" 

"You need to write a stupid inspirational book you slag" I burst out laughing as Georgie jumped on top of me, the both of us rolling to the floor as she gave me the tightest hug squeezing the life out of me. I struggled to breathe but the heavy weight on my shoulders disappeared. 

After a few minutes of us wrestling on the floor Georgie eventually let me up for air. 

"Okay so, on a more serious note I was so busy trying to get this all organised on your end I may have forgot to organise my own shit. Just hold that thought" she held up a finger as she pulled out her phone once again before tapping away violently and shoving the phone up to her ear before rolling her eyes.

"Ringing my dickhead bro -"

"Harry, hi - so quick update, can you add a plus one to my plane ticket"

"I know it doesnt work like that, it was a joke but clearly you lost your sense of humour. Can you do it or not?" She was pacing and kept rolling her eyes as I heard the deep voice on the other end losing his patience.

"You fucking booked it Harry, I need the details to do it myself so either text them on to me or do it for me! Are you stupid?"

"Daddy hasnt handed over the reigns yet Harry and so help me god if you dont do it right now I will -... he fucking hung up on me"

I couldnt contain my laughter, Georgies face was red with anger as she stood staring at her phone. I was used to these phone calls, it was a weekly thing between Georgie and her brother, they didnt exactly see eye to eye.

Georgie smiled as her phone pinged.

"AHA, pussy text me asking me what your name was for the booking. He knows Daddy will go mad if I dont get home for my big welcome home party."

"We - welcome home party?" It hasnt been that long since her mom and dad came to visit her. They didnt stay long but still.

"Yep, my mom is so happy I am finally coming home. She has lived in the house with very few females and she needs a little girl power around the testoterone"

"I feel a little awkward now. Have you cleared all this with your parents? I havent even met them yet and I am just showing up on the doorstep"

"Trust me, one extra body in that house is nothing." If that was suppose to be reassuring, she failed - miserably.

"We all set baby, I just got a notification that the movers arrived on campus. We just need to let them in and we can hit the road then, you packed a few outfits in that case yeah? Cause some of our stuff is going by cargo which will take a little longer to get to Texas. Ken is gonna carry all the shit out for us and be our chaperone back to Dallas." Georgie smiles at me as she points to Ken, our long term bodyguard of four years. He starts to grab our cases and bring them down to our ride.

"This is so awkward Georgie. I dont know about this anymore" I was a confident girl, but when it came to family, I was a lost soul. I dont like intruding and Georgie was hell bent on just arriving back home with a stray. Me being the stray.

She sighed and jumped across the room to me, she rested her hands on my shoulders and shook me.

"Just be quiet and make sure you have everything. This is a new beginning for us both, I need you just as much as you need me. We come as a pair nowadays. My parents will be so happy to finally meet you, you're all I talked about when they stopped by for St Patricks Day."

"Georgie, I just -"

"Im gonna get you dicked up when we arrive home okay? If my cute words and sensitive ways cant persuade you then let the men of Texas do the talking. Take it day by day and if you hate it we will figure it out? Promise!"

I sighed in defeat because no way in hell was I going to get out of this. I needed it, but I would never admit it. My nerves were winning this battle but I gotta take the leap and hopefully it doesnt bite me in the ass.

***

At the airport we got plenty of liquid courage into us. Thats one thing Georgie and I did well together, we would compete to see who could stay upright the longest. She grew up with a liver the size of America so I always fell short.

Thankfully because of the alcohol we consumed was way past appropriate for a flight, we both slept for the 4 hour duration, my eyes slipped shut the moment the plane took off.

I woke to Georgie shaking me, she looked hungover and dragged me to the bathroom the minute we stepped off the plane.

She said she had to make herself appropriate looking because Hunter would probably be here to collect her.

Hunter is the man who Georgie is obsessed with. They had a weird relationship before she left for college and they never could really fully cut ties, text messages and late night phone calls when alcohol was consumed. Lingering feelings on both sides from what I can gather.

I looked like I had been dragged through a ditch backwards but who was I trying to impress? I didnt know anyone here.

"So the club we are hitting up tonight is a gentlemans club? My Daddy owns it. The world you're about to step into is a far cry from the set up we had in New York. The boys here are like cowboys but they ride bikes instead of horses. They dont have manners, they curse like sailors, they fuck whoever and where ever they want which reminds me, avoid any sofas with stains. They are in fact - cum stains. Lastly, whatever the president says goes. Hes in charge and that will soon be my brother, Harry."

"Im too tired for this.." I groaned, a headache forming from my lack of sleep and too much alcohol pre flight.

"My Dad is retiring in a few weeks so Harry will be going crazy before he takes the seat. They have chapel every morning to discuss business" she raised an eyebrow at me to ensure I caught on. I had a vague idea that what Georgies family did wasnt exactly legal. I didnt care, each to there own and all that jazz. She spoke of motorcycle clubs and I knew a little bit, but I didnt care enough to probe for more information at the time.

"You will have your own room on the second floor of the clubhouse. My room is closeby, only at the other end of the hallway. The main guys are always on the third floor. We do NOT go up there unless invited." She quickly puts on some perfume and splashes water on her face before she starts to apply some light makeup.

"This seems a bit extreme but whatever" I shrugged my shoulders and the door flew open with other passengers now filling up the bathroom.

"You aint seen nothing yet sugar." She winked at me as she finished up patting her face down with compact powder. She eventually packed up her shit so we could go collect our baggage.

Another thirty minutes and we were wheeling out our suitcases. Ken had the job of our large cases, wheeling them both easily through the airport as we took our time with our carry ons. The hangover was starting to settle into my temples and all I wanted was to curl up in bed and watch parks and rec, our go to hangover ritual. Maybe some ice cream would be nice too.

Walking out of the revolving door I was hit with a blast of fresh air, badly needed and definitely worshipped. I had my eyes closed breathing it all in. The air against my makeup free skin was like a splash of cold water. It instantly helped with the anxiety starting to creep in.

"You're fucking lucky you're blood! what took you so damn long? I got shit to do! Pop said I should welcome you home. I couldnt give a fuck if you came home and you keep me waiting another fucking hour whilst you put shit on your face" A deep voice pulled me out of my daze and I opened my eyes to see a tall, muscle ridden, tattooed laden god of a man ruffling up Georgies hair whilst giving out to her, she growled and swung her fist at him.

My jaw was on the floor as his piercing bluey green eyes and perfectly lined teeth shined bright as this god of a man smiled at me nearly knocking me on my ass. Id never seen a man so sinfully sexy in my life. Tanned skin, chiseled jawline, perfect smile with white teeth, tats all over his body and muscles upon muscles.

Fuck. Me.

"And who is this?" He pushed Georgie out of the way, his big tattoed hand pushing her face as he walked towards me. She groaned and ran towards him pulling on his freakishly large bicep.

"Not a chance, no. No way Harry, back off. She doesnt have a name. In fact, she's off limits".

He laughs at Georgie and walks closer to me. He smells so fucking good. Like cedarwood, leather and sin. "Im sure she can answer the question herself, whats your name darlin?" a sweet drawl but possibly the sexiest depth to a voice known to man had my knees nearly buckling.

I looked up to him, he's at least six foot five easily and built like a tank. His gaze makes me nervous.

"Eh Pippa" why did I whisper?

"Well eh Pippa, hop on and lets go for a little ride" He winked at me and I think my tits just lactated. 

I like Texas.

I like Texas a lot.

*** Authors Note ***

Please be aware, this story is being edited so there may be some discrepanices whilst I work on it.

Welcome to the mad house, the fun is about to begin.

Please remember to vote 🙂

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

475K 15.7K 29
Korah is 18 years old who left everyone and everything she knew behind her to escape from the hell she had called home for all her life. She wanted n...
2.9K 19 31
This book will contain strong sexual themes, mature language, violence and will move fast. He pulls me closer leaving no space between us. "We can't...
162K 5.7K 18
"You don't know me Dean, you don't know what I've been though. So don't pretend to be my knight in shining armour you can't swoop in and try and save...
432K 7.9K 41
(Slowly re-writing) MATURE CONTENT (18+) What will your reaction. If a nerd of your college, you save from bully came out as A MAFIA BOSS....??? "...