moonlight {h.s}

By tpwk_babyy

you are my moonlight fresh out of one direction and writing his debut album, harry styles meets mystery girl... More

rocket man
carolina
here comes the sun
two ghosts
ever since new york
back to you
wish you were here
hey jude
pillowtalk
talking to the moon
my kind of woman
tiny dancer
don't blame me
everything happens for a reason
selfish
last christmas
moon river
mistletoe
feel so close
1 step forward, 3 steps back
electric love
more than a woman
sex on fire
telescope
how can you mend a broken heart
friends
junk
pursuit of happiness
new york state of mind
live forever
this is me trying
landslide
endless love
when you say nothing at all
flawless
for the first time
here today
blackbird
moonlight
style
sweater weather
all night parking
ultralight beam
dream a little dream of me
cheek to cheek
the way you look tonight
beautiful boy
fluorescent adolescent
love in portofino
my funny valentine
golden
a kiss to build a dream on
somewhere only we know
cry
both sides now
girl crush
call out my name
right where you left me
the winner takes it all
k.
last kiss
she
solitude
meet me in the hallway
comedown
matilda
my tears ricochet
death by a thousand cuts
cherry
happiness
forget her
lie
don't know why
falling
don't go breaking my heart
favourite girl
skyfall
harder to breathe
the 1
to be so lonley
the story of us
at your worst
lacy
the way we were
you can leave your hat on
fine line
just friends
my all

from the dining table

1.9K 38 8
By tpwk_babyy

Harry

"Right what do we think about this?" I said, strumming my guitar softly.

Sweet creature
Had another talk about where it's going wrong
But we're still young
We don't know where we're going
But we know where we belong

And oh we started
Two hearts in one home
It's hard when we argue
We're both stubborn
I know, but oh

Sweet creature, sweet creature
Wherever I go, you bring me home
Sweet creature, sweet creature
When I run out of road, you bring me home

I finished singing and looked up at Mitch and Louis who were smiling brightly.

"Mate that's sick, keep going I wanna hear more" Louis said, leaning over and grabbing a handful of crisps from the bowl.

"Alright uh..okay". I began to hum the melody and went back into the song.

Sweet creature
We're running through the garden
Oh, where nothing bothered us
But we're still young
I always think about you and how we don't speak enough

I had been writing this song on and off for a couple weeks deciding whether I should show everyone. After a bit of work, I decided I really liked it and thought it may be good for the album.

And oh we started
Two hearts in one home
I know, it's hard when we argue
We're both stubborn
I know, but oh

Sweet creature, sweet creature
Wherever I go, you bring me home
Sweet creature, sweet creature
When I run out of road, you bring me home

I know when we started
Just two hearts in one home
It gets harder when we argue
We're both stubborn
I know, but oh
Sweet creature, sweet creature
Wherever I go, you bring me home
Sweet creature, sweet creature
When I run out of road, you bring me home
You'll bring me home

My fingers continued to strum the guitar gently before finally coming to an end and smiling to myself. I was really proud of this.

"Amazing, I love it. Definitely album worthy H" Mitch said grabbing his guitar and playing the notes he had picked up from me.

I grinned and nodded my head, "Thanks, I really like it. I think it would be really special on the album"

"Absolutely, Syd's gonna love it" Louis stated, scrolling on his phone.

My eyes shot up as he said her name and Mitch noticed as he began to chuckle to himself.

I glared at him as he said, "Did you tell Harry that she's coming over tonight?"

I small smile creeped on my face as I tried to hide my excitement, but they both could see right through it.

"You like Sydney! No fucking way" Louis exclaimed, beginning to get excited.

I kept an emotionless face but Louis was having none of it. As much as I wanted to gush about our dates and all the time we had together, I didn't want to betray Sydney's trust. It sounded dramatic, but I didn't know if she wanted anyone to know that we were spending time together.

"Lou stop, I don't like her" I said seriously.
He was laughing, bright eyed and said "Bullshit, everyone like her. Syd has this aura about her...one that everyone is drawn to. It's no surprise you like her"

I wasn't sure how to take this. He wasn't wrong, Sydney had something about her that was so impossible to resist. But on the other hand, did everyone like her the way I did? Was I just another person that Syd was going to go on a few dates and bail on?

"Harry, I see the cogs in your head moving. Stop it" Mitch said, taking me out of my trance.

"What are you talking about Mitchell?" I snapped back in frustration.

He let out a breath and caught my eye, "Louis is right, people are drawn to Syd. She's just a really nice person that's why. It's not like everyone she meets she falls in love with for a couple weeks. Sydney doesn't date, so the fact she's spending time with you means you're special to her."

My anxiety settled slightly when Mitch said this but I was still worried. Before, I was in this bubble of me and Syd and now I had others weighing in telling me what she was like. I knew Syd myself and I didn't want to change the way I thought of her.

"Okay alright. Drop it both of you right now. I don't want you guys saying anything when she arrives" I sternly said.

They quickly shut up and we did our own thing for a few minutes before Louis got a text. He scrambled to his feet and left the room.

We had come over to Louis' to work on some songs and listen to what he had been working on. Louis was an amazing songwriter and always had the best advice. It was rare but great when we were in London at the same time.

Me and Mitch continued to sit and strum the guitars for a while before Louis came back, Sydney in tow.

"Hiiii guys" She said beaming as she came into the room.

My heart instantly jumped when I saw her standing there, the usual glow around her.

She was wearing wearing a very casual fit today: a white jogger set and some white trainers. Her hair was pulled up into a ponytail, and she had her phone and journal in her hand.

"Hi Sydney" I said softly.

She gave me a quick smile so the others couldn't see, but she knew I had. It was like we had our own special secrets. I smirked to myself as she sat next to me.

"How are we all tonight?" She said, clearly in a good mood.

"We're very good. Harry just wrote a new song for the album actually, it's really great" Mitch gushed, walking in Louis' kitchen to grab some food.

She gave a soft smile and said, "I can't wait to hear it. How are you guys feeling about the album? Close to finishing?"

"There's a couple gaps where I would like some more songs but nearly done" I replied.

Sydney nodded and said, "Well, I've been working on something. It's not finished but I thought I could play you guys some of it and you could decide if you want it? We could all maybe work on it together..."

As she said this, she had pulled off her trainers and was sitting crossed legged to my side. I couldn't help but smile; I loved when she did that.

"Yes show us, would love to hear it" Louis said as Mitch sat comfortably next to him, now on the sofa. Sydney pushed herself to her feet and walked over to grab a guitar from Louis' collection.

Once she had found the right one, she came back to her spot next to me and got comfortable. She strummed the guitar for a bit, and tuned it quickly before clearing her throat and beginning to sing.

Woke up alone in this hotel room, played with myself where were you
Fell back to sleep I got drunk by noon
I've never felt less cool

She paused for a bit where there was clearly a gap in the song. The ideas were already flowing through my head, thinking about lyrics.

I saw your friend that you know from work
He said you feel just fine
I see you gave him my old t-shirt
More of what was once mine

Sydney hummed for a bit signally another part that she hadn't written yet, before going into the next line.

Maybe one day you'll call me and tell me that you're sorry too
But you, you never do

She finished singing and looked up at us who were all smiling.

"I love it Sydney, it's a great start. I would love if I could add to it?" I asked grabbing a guitar, as she nodded eagerly.

I plucked at the guitar as Mitch began doing the same, and picked up at the point where Sydney hadn't got any lyrics.

We haven't spoke since you went away
Comfortable silence is so overrated
Why won't you ever be the first one to break?
Even my phone misses your call, by the way

Sydney was grinning at me, and I could tell she was a fan.

I saw your friend that you know from work
He said you feel just fine
I see you gave him my old t-shirt
More of what was once mine

Mitch and Sydney began singing along, and Louis was adding guitar as well. We were having a proper jamming session.

I see it's written, it's all over his face
Comfortable silence is so overrated
Why won't you ever say what you want to say?
Even my phone misses your call, by the way

Maybe one day you'll call me and tell me that you're sorry too
But you, you never do

Everyone sang along to this part before Sydney added a line.

Woke up the girl who looked just like you
I almost said your name

I continued by repeating what I had previously sang.

We haven't spoke since you went away
Comfortable silence is so overrated
Why won't you ever say what you want to say?
Even my phone misses your call
We haven't spoke since you went away
Comfortable silence is so overrated
Why won't you ever say what you want to say?
Even my phone misses your call, by the way

As soon as we had finished singing, Syd dropped her guitar and began clapping excitedly.

"I love it oh my god!" She smiled, high-fiving Mitch. "Me too, album worthy H?" He said looking over at me.

I nodded my head and Sydney gave me a small smirk, pleased with what we had made.

"A drink to celebrate?" Sydney said quickly, standing up.

"Of course, you know where they are. I'm going for a smoke, Mitch wanna come?" Louis asked, as Sydney walked over to the kitchen.

Mitch and Louis both stood up and walked out into the garden and I followed Sydney. She was standing at Louis' drinks cart, and mixing very strong drinks.

"You good Syd?" I asked, as she looked up quickly.

"Hey Harry! Yes I'm perfect, just really want a drink" She smiled, sipping her vodka red bull.

"Syd are you a little bit tipsy?" I chuckled, and she gave a guilty look.

"Well you know what the song says, 'Fell back to sleep I got drunk by noon'. Ooops!" Sydney giggled, as she spilt the drink a little bit.

She was a funny tipsy drunk, and I didn't want to control her because having a drink was completely normal, as she was a grown woman.

However, something just felt off. After our amazing date the other day, I thought our next interaction would go a bit differently to this.

"Syd did you get drunk by yourself today?" I asked calmly, helping her clean up the mess.

"Hmm possibly but it's fine, I'm here to drink with you guys now" She laughed.

I smiled to myself and walked back over to stand in front of her, "Syd are you sober enough to have a serious conversation right now?"

Her eyes quickly moved to mine and looked almost scared, "Uh yeah..go on."

I cleared my throat and said, "So 'us'...I was just wondering what's your place on telling our friends. Louis and Mitch mentioned it and I didn't say anything really and just wanted to come to you. Obviously I would love to tell everyone about our great dates and stuff but you know it's all up to you"

She still had this worried look on her face and replied saying, "Um I uh really don't know Harry, uh shit I'm not sure."

Her eyes weren't catching mine anymore, and she was very flustered. I didn't think she would react like this at all.

Shit, shit shit.

She placed her drink down and looked down at her phone for a second.

"Um just one second I just need to make a call, go outside. I'll meet you there" She gave a half smile. I wasn't convinced, but I did as she said and headed outside.

It was cold outside, in this early November chill. Mitch and Louis were chatting and smoking, and I sat myself next to them. They were talking to me but my mind was on Sydney, and how quick everything had just changed.

I tapped my foot quickly on the patio until I decided she'd been a while, and went back to see where she was.

She wasn't anywhere downstairs and her journal was missing from the sofa.

Quickly, I rushed around the house trying to find her but once I'd done a full circle my mind knew.

She was gone, just like that.

eek

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 168 7
**COMPLETE** Louis is picked to appear on Love Island when a friend signs him up. He is pessimistic about the whole situation. That is until he meets...
3.7K 35 16
We have problems, give me ideas to make our addictions worse. I will write anything but no smut. Thank you TPWK have a good day.
6.5K 131 10
Harry and Louis were the happiest couple, they had everything they could ask for, yes, they were closeted by their management but that didn't matter...
241K 6.7K 34
Where Harry, a famous solo artist, meets Louis, the boy that doesn't talk. (btw because Harry's the only one who sings, one direction albums are his...