The Nerd Is A Player ✔

By EVanessaMary

When Tia Frederick, "Miss Player" and Alex Frederick, her older brother move to Australia. Tia starts a new c... More

The Nerd Is A Player
CHAPTER 1: Tia Frederick
CHAPTER 2: Meeting Him
CHAPTER 3: Crasher
CHAPTER 4: Throwing Challenges
CHAPTER 5: His Favourite Flavour
CHAPTER 6: That Guy
CHAPTER 7: Say It Once More
CHAPTER 8: Bed Arrest
CHAPTER 9: We All Have Our Secrets That Make Us Weak
CHAPTER 10: My Turn Now
CHAPTER 11: A Little Sugar
CHAPTER 12: Meeting The Sutherland's
CHAPTER 13: Bad Timing
CHAPTER 14: Am I Making You Nervous?
Author's Note
CHAPTER 15: It's Raining, It's Pouring
CHAPTER 16: I'm In Love With Him
CHAPTER 17: Hot And Cold
CHAPTER 18: Misty
CHAPTER 19: Secrets
CHAPTER 20: Esperance
CHAPTER 21: Let The Fun Begin
CHAPTER 22: It Comes Crumbling Down
CHAPTER 23: Familiar White Walls
CHAPTER 24: Am I To Blame?
CHAPTER 25: Once A runner, Forever A Runner
CHAPTER 27: Dancing Under The Moonlight
CHAPTER 28: Her Bold Confession
CHAPTER 29: Rivalry
CHAPTER 30: I am Cupid
CHAPTER 31: My Knight In Shining Armor
CHAPTER 32: Caught [PART 1]
CHAPTER 32: Caught [Part 2]
CHAPTER 33: We're Friends Now
CHAPTER 34: Visiting Mother & Father
CHAPTER 35: Safe In His Arms
CHAPTER 36: Realisation
CHAPTER 37: Much More
CHAPTER 38: You're Different Now
CHAPTER 39: Turn Around
CHAPTER 40: The Announcement
CHAPTER 41: Confrontation
Author's Note 2
CHAPTER 42: A Stranger's Advice
CHAPTER 43: My Decision
CHAPTER 44: I Let Go
Author's Note 3

CHAPTER 26: The Deadline Is Nearing

19.1K 747 166
By EVanessaMary

||CHAPTER 26: The Deadline Is Nearing||

Tia

Staring at the calendar on the wall, I use the red pen I was holding to draw a red cross on the date.

"Twentieth of October, two-thousand and fourteen." I mumble, after straightening the college blazer I was wearing. I place the red pen on the dressing table before leaving the room.

Now, it's been about four and a half months and according to the countdown application on my phone, I have 72 nights, 5 hours, and 51 minutes until New Year's Eve to make Logan Sutherland fall in love with me.

I was running on thin ice.

"How frustrating." I grumble, as I leave the room. I start walking down the steps, toward and into the kitchen where I see Alex, on the phone, pacing back and forth.

"Morning." I mouth, when entering the kitchen. Alex gave me a smile whilst gesturing toward the fresh plate of eggs and bacon, sitting on the bench top. At the wonderful sight, I feel a little drool escape.

Without a second thought, I grab the plate and start eating.

"I should be in a relationship with food." I moan in delight, as I take a second bite. When I hear a snort from Alex, I shot him a sheepish smile. "It's true." I said, though he was on the phone. "I want to be in a relationship with food, the bed, the pillow and blanket because their soul purpose in life is to please me and that's perfect."

A second snort left Alex's mouth, "You're an idiot." He responded, chuckling after he end the call.

"I am not." I bark.

After hearing the doorbell ring, I stop eating in order to anwer the door but Alex stopped me. "No. I'll answer the door." Alex said.

I shrug, and proceed with eating the delicious food.

"Hello Tia." I hear Ian's voice.

"Hi." Turning around, I see my cat in his arms - patting her with affection - much to her pleasure.

"That's rude, she doesn't ever let me cuddle her." I pout, staring at her.

'That moment of rejection, when your pet doesn't love you.'

"That because you cuddle her to death, little sister."

I glare at Alex, but the moment I do, I stop after realizing one little plan I thought in the hospital.

'Operation: Get Matt and Alex together and Ian can help me.'

I smirk, "The sooner the better."

"What?"

"I never said a word." I grin.

Alex gave me a suspicious glance before shrugging. "Ian, there's food on the bench top, or food in the fridge." He said, grabbing his black wallet and coat. "I'll be leaving." After pressing his lips against my forehead, he left the kitchen.

"Bacon." Ian said, placing the cat on the ground. He began approaching me with the look of admiration on his face.

That's when realization hit me....

He was after my bacon.

I stood, thus blocking him. "Oh, no, no, no!" I squeal. "That's the last piece of bacon!"

"That's the one reason I want to eat it, muffin!"

"I don't care!"

It was obvious who was the strongest in the room, and the outcome was predictable. However, I didn't care. The last piece of bacon was mine.

"Tia. You need to learn that, sharing is caring." Ian stood in front, with his arms doubling over one another against his broad. His height towering over mine with ease. "Give me the bacon Tia Frederick."

"You'll have to kill me first." I spat, playfully.

"On a second thought, it doesn't matter."

I smile a victorious smile as Ian took a step backward. "I wo-" Turning around, I stop mid sentence.

There on the bench top, next to my plate was....Misty.

And....my bacon was missing.

"This can't be happening!" I whine. "You're the reason she ate the bacon!" I accuse, shooting Ian a death glare.

"You'll live, it's bacon not life." Ian began laughing whilst I stood there, glaring at him.

"Well Ian, if bacon were a person, I'd be in a relationship with him." I state, smirking.

Ian stopped laughing, "Oh and what if it was a she, and not a he?"

"Don't care, I'd be lesbian."

"No please don't." He said, in a haste manner. "But can I ask a question?"

"Was it the question?" I ask, sarcastically.

Ian shook his head, "No, no. That wasn't the question...." Breaking mid-sentence, he took a long, nervous deep breath. "I was wondering if whether...."

"If whether?" I urge, smiling.

"You and I can skip college and go for a movie, or a date."

"I don't know....I mean, I am failing." I pretend to ponder about his question. But after seeing his hopeful face, I giggle. "Yes I will because it'll be fun." Leaning towards Ian, I place a kiss on his lips thus sealing the deal. "However, there's a problem."

"You don't want get caught, right?" He inquires, reading my mind.

I nod, "Wait, I have a brilliant plan!" I chirp, smiling. "We watch a movie in the house. Meaning, we can cuddle, and kiss." I suggest, winking.

Ian's arms wrap around my waist, before bringing me closer. "Greatest plan but on the weekend, we're going on a date. Understood?"

"Your treat."

"Without a doubt, Princess."

At the sound of him calling me Princess, I felt....odd? I suppose it was because it was Logan's nickname for me. Grant it, it was a common nickname but it was sweet. Therefore after hearing Ian call me Princess, it didn't feel right.

Breaking free from his arms, I step back. "Well, I am going to change into comfortable clothes. You mister, can borrow Alex's clothes. His room is on the second floor, and his bedroom door is blue. Trust me, it's the easiest room to locate in the mansion." Before I leave the kitchen, I lean over, thus kidnapping the little rascal who stole my bacon, Misty. "You and I are going to have an important conversation." I scold her.

"You leave first, I need to make a phone call." Ian intructed.

I shrug, before leaving the kitchen area. "Remember...." I began, as I walking toward the staircase. "You must never, ever eat someone else's food because that's bad manners." I explain, pretending that she was listening and understanding. "It's mean, and can hurt the person."

Entering the bedroom, I look at the clock on the wall. It read, 8:20 AM. "It's first period." I mutter, placing her on Logan's MU pillow, in a gentle manner.

Yes, I stole it.

No, I'm not a kleptomaniac.

'You stole his favorite hoodie'

About a week ago, I was feeling cold, and he gave it to me. Did he tell me to give it back? No. Meaning, it's mine.

Feeling the phone vibrate, I remove it. "One message from Logass." I read.

From: Logass 🍑🍑
'You aren't at Math, care to explain?'

To: Logass 🍑🍑
'You're rather observant, and no I don't want to explain' I reply, before sitting on the bed.

Within a minute, there's a reply

From: Logass 🍑🍑
'Stop being sarcastic and explain before I leave college and drive there.'

To: Logass 🍑🍑
'Fine. I am feeling ill.'

I lie because I knew if I explained the truth, he'd be here in a heartbeat.

I suppose it was because Logan and Ian weren't fond of one another.

Feeling the phone vibrate once more, I look at the screen. 'You're a terrible liar'

When I was about to respond, I stop when there was another text.

From: Logass 🍑🍑
'Give me a few minutes because I'm about to leave class and after, I'm coming there.'

"Oh God." I grumble.

Staring at the time on the phone, I wait for a few minutes before pressing the call button. "Logan, answer the phone."

"Hello?"

"Your joking, right?" I groan.

"No because I thought I'd make Miss Tia soup-"

I cut in-between, "Well, t-that's sweet but I am at the hospital." I stammer.

I felt him stop. "You're a terrible liar Tia." He said, anger in his tone. "You aren't sick. You aren't at the hospital and I bet that son of a bitch is in the mansion."

'You realize he's going to be mad if you insist on telling him lies.'

I tremble at the thought because a furious Logan Sutherland wasn't good. Trust me, I learnt.

"Logan, I promise I'm telling the truth." I explain, hoping he'd believe me after a little convincing.

"Tia. You're taking forever-"

"Ian, shut up." I bark, after hearing him open the bedroom door, and speak. However, the attempt to silence Ian was futile because unfortunate for me, Logan heard him.

"You're a liar Tia-"

I intervene, "But Logan-"

"No, stop." Logan said, "You kept telling me lies Tia, and I am over it because one, I don't like liars and two, I hate it when that idiot, asshole is around."

I felt guilt course through, because I could sense his anger, and....pain?

"Logan please...." Before I can apologies, I hear the dial end.

'Great, now he's going to be mad.'

"What's the matter?" Ian questioned, curiously. When Ian came closer, he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"It's nothing." I smile, reassuringly.

At the moment, I suppose fretting and attempting to speak to him would be impossible because I know he's upset and mad. But tomorrow, I'll aim to speak to him, and explain. Then, if he doesn't listen, I keep on aiming throughout the week.

I allow a deep, long sigh to escape, 'God Logan. You're making me weak.'

**

Hi!

This chapter is for TEAMIAN because the two haven't had their moment. That, and I know it is a short chapter, and it is TERRIBLE but it is short for a reason. There are FOUR upcoming chapters that are mere FILLER chapters. I suppose it's because....Well, YOU'LL SEE!

Question Time!

Do YOU think Ian and Tia should go on a date?

Or....

Should Logan interupt or MAYBE someone else? ;)

Don't forget to....

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE & FAN.

Love, E. V. M.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 42K 38
'Fact: British guys are not cute. Never have been; never will be!' Meet Nora. During the day, she's a crazed, Irish student trying to survive the in...
254K 6.3K 39
Colton glared at her. "Not in a million years would I ever date you." Maya is the new girl and she has an odd description; bitchy, careless, funny, a...
3.9K 64 23
When Ella Jones' twenty-first birthday ends with a bang - literally - she never imagined it would be with her best friend since freshman year, Ryan O...
442K 16.4K 44
[COMPLETED] "Why people would ever choose to sleep with someone as vexatious as you is beyond my imagination," I scoffed. "Careful." He smirked. "It...