The Nerd Is A Player ✔

By EVanessaMary

When Tia Frederick, "Miss Player" and Alex Frederick, her older brother move to Australia. Tia starts a new c... More

The Nerd Is A Player
CHAPTER 1: Tia Frederick
CHAPTER 2: Meeting Him
CHAPTER 3: Crasher
CHAPTER 4: Throwing Challenges
CHAPTER 5: His Favourite Flavour
CHAPTER 6: That Guy
CHAPTER 7: Say It Once More
CHAPTER 8: Bed Arrest
CHAPTER 9: We All Have Our Secrets That Make Us Weak
CHAPTER 10: My Turn Now
CHAPTER 11: A Little Sugar
CHAPTER 12: Meeting The Sutherland's
CHAPTER 13: Bad Timing
CHAPTER 14: Am I Making You Nervous?
Author's Note
CHAPTER 15: It's Raining, It's Pouring
CHAPTER 16: I'm In Love With Him
CHAPTER 17: Hot And Cold
CHAPTER 18: Misty
CHAPTER 19: Secrets
CHAPTER 20: Esperance
CHAPTER 21: Let The Fun Begin
CHAPTER 22: It Comes Crumbling Down
CHAPTER 23: Familiar White Walls
CHAPTER 24: Am I To Blame?
CHAPTER 26: The Deadline Is Nearing
CHAPTER 27: Dancing Under The Moonlight
CHAPTER 28: Her Bold Confession
CHAPTER 29: Rivalry
CHAPTER 30: I am Cupid
CHAPTER 31: My Knight In Shining Armor
CHAPTER 32: Caught [PART 1]
CHAPTER 32: Caught [Part 2]
CHAPTER 33: We're Friends Now
CHAPTER 34: Visiting Mother & Father
CHAPTER 35: Safe In His Arms
CHAPTER 36: Realisation
CHAPTER 37: Much More
CHAPTER 38: You're Different Now
CHAPTER 39: Turn Around
CHAPTER 40: The Announcement
CHAPTER 41: Confrontation
Author's Note 2
CHAPTER 42: A Stranger's Advice
CHAPTER 43: My Decision
CHAPTER 44: I Let Go
Author's Note 3

CHAPTER 25: Once A runner, Forever A Runner

18.4K 803 327
By EVanessaMary

||CHAPTER 25: Once A Runner, Forever A Runner||

Tia

29th of May, 2014. 

"Hello beautiful."  

"Hi." I smile, looking at Ian after closing the locker door. "  

First subject, two hours of Math with Danielle, Lucas but not Logan.  

'The thought is saddening. We haven't seen him for two weeks! Stop listening to Kate and talk to him'  

Though the thought of visiting Logan was tempting, I didn't because a promise is a promise.  

'Promises are meant to be broken' 

"I wish...." I mutter.  

"What's the matter, Tia?" When I look at Ian, I see an anxious expression on his face. "You been quiet, and rather....lost?"  

I am lost. 

"Ian, I'm fine." I feign a smile.  

Without a second word, I leave.  

Logan was in the hospital, and who was to blame? Me.  

However, avoiding Logan was simple because he was in the hospital for the last two weeks. Though, I did overhear that he was returning tomorrow. I wasn't living with the Sutherland's no more because after what happened, Alex's trip was cancelled. Therefore, I was at the mansion.  

Part of me was content. Part of me wasn't.  

When I was living with the Sutherland's, if felt as thought Mum and Dad were alive.  

At school, avoiding the staring, glaring, and whispering was difficult because News about Esperance spread like a terrible fire.  

"I can't believe she hurt Logan...." I heard someone whispers, as I walk through the corridor.  

"Well, she's a bitch."  

"Logan is a good person, but her?"  

I felt tears threaten to escape, but I won't shed a tear to give those fools the satisfaction of seeing me in tears.  

When I enter the Math class, I walk in direction of the vacant seat next to Danielle. "Hi." I mumble.  

"Hello." Danielle said, a small encouraging smile on her face.  

Yes, I was upset with Danielle but at the moment, I didn't care.  

"Oh god, I hate her." The girl next to me said, with a glare.  

Danielle stood, whilst slamming her fist against the desk, thus making the girls spring in fear. "Here's a piece of advice darling, shut up before I tear those disgusting false extensions."  

"Danielle, please don't begin a fight." Miss Turner stood from her chair. "Oh and Natalie, please see the Principal because I will not tolerate terrible behavior."  

When Natalie did not leave, Miss Turner shot her a cold hard glare. "Now."  

Muttering profanities under her breath, Natalie took her leave. The second Natalie left, was the second Lucas stepped into the classroom.  

"I apologize for being late future Mrs Harrison."  

A small, visible blush crept onto her face. "B-Be quiet."  

Lucas started walking toward Danielle, and I. "Hello." He stopped for a moment, placing a small note on the desk. "You're in trouble, Miss Frederick."  

I stare at the little white note with interest.  

'Don't stare idiot....' 

As soon as I spread the note, I begin reading.  

'Princess.  

I'm a little hurt that there hasn't been a single visit from you. You are aware that I am not an idiot, right? I know that you're avoiding me and I am NOT happy. Whatever took place in Esperance, isn't YOUR fault. I am in the hospital because it was MY decision, NOT YOURS! That, and it is a decision I do not regret. After Math class, I will be waiting at Peter Pan's Café, the moment it is over Lucas is bringing you here. You better NOT decline, or run Tia Frederick. Or there WILL be consequences.'  

"Remember, he's serious Frederick." I hear Lucas whisper.  

**** 

When the bell rang, I start running to the classroom door. However, the minute I take a step out the door, I felt someone catch me, before hauling me backward. 

"Wait...." Lucas murmurs. 

"Lucas, leave her alone because people are staring." 

"Shut up Danielle, the conversation is between Tia and I." He said, before making me follow him through the college's corridor.  

"Lucas people are whispering, and staring." I ration, as I struggle to walk at a similar pace.  

"I do not care, Frederick."  

When we were outside, in the front. He stopped, before taking a small step backward. "You haven't been visiting Logan."  

"I am aware, but that is because I do not care. Not, because I am avoiding him." I lie.  

"You're a terrible liar, Tia." Lucas took a step forward. "You're avoiding Logan, and the thought is hurting him more, and more Tia. Trust me, Logan ran through the pit on his own accord. Your welfare was more important than his life." 

I broke.  

"Y-You don't understand Lucas! If I wasn't drunk, and an idiot, he wouldn't be in the hospital, close to death because I'd be similar  to Andre Alessandro."  

There were different students stopping to stare at the little  argument between Lucas and I.  

But did I care? No I didn't.  

When I saw Taylor, Matt, Danielle, Ian and Terry step  outside, I turn around and start walking. "Tia, please wait."  

I stop after I feel Ian's arms wrap around me, "Stop running." He whispered.  

"Please let me go." I mumble.  

"No." Ian said, as his arms tighten.  

I wince, because his grip was tighter than I was expecting. "I-Ian. You're hurting me." I stammer, whilst attempting to break free.  

"I believe Tia said, no."  

At Lucas's low, threatening voice, Ian took a small step back. "I heard her but Tia is in pain Lucas, and I know it's because of Logan." He lowers in his voice, and was close to wrapping his arms around me once more, but I took a step to the left. "Tia?"  

"Please, I want to be alone." My voice is small, inaudible.  

I can sense the awkward tension between us. "Well, this is becoming rather awkward." Matt said, laughing a nervous laugh.  

I sigh. "Excuse me." I mumble, before walking.  

I kept walking, and walking, and walking with no thought of where I was going.  

'You Tia, will forever be a runner' 

Yes, instead of facing problems, I ran because I was a failure.  

Instead of facing Andre, I ran.  

Instead of facing Logan, I ran.  

I was a runner.  

While I walk, I kept thinking about Logan.  

'He's waiting at Peter Pan's café which is  a 10 minute walk'  

The promise? 

'Forget the promise' 

Without a second thought, I turn around and begin running toward Peter Pan's Café.  

A promise is a promise, but sometimes under the circumstances, promises are meant to be broken.  

Out of breath, I stop when I am across from Peter Pan's Café. "I need to start exercising." I puff and pant, in attempt to catch my breath.  

From across the road, I look through the glass wall, I see Logan and Kate, sitting in a booth. Together, her and Logan were smiling and laughing.  

"Great...." I mutter.  

With a deep breath, I start crossing the road. When I am in the middle of the road, standing on the cement aisle. I stop, as I wait for a black four wheel drive to pass. I was near to crossing, but I came to a stop.  

I witness Logan, and Kate stand. Next, Kate took a step forward, as her arms wrap around his neck. Before I can observe her and Logan kiss, I twist around.  

"God, I am such an idiot." I scowl.  

Once more, I run.  

'Stop running'  

Once a Runner, forever a runner. 

**** 

When I walk through the mansion gates, I walk toward the mansion. However, I halt when I see a familiar car in front of the mansion.  

'Oh god, is Logan in the house?' 

No Tia, don't be ridiculous. Alex isn't at home because he is at work. Therefore, Logan can't enter the place. Despite the thought being preposterous. I couldn't help but think he is in the house, because his car was in the front, but Alex's car wasn't.  

I look around, waiting for Logan to appear but after a few minutes, he doesn't.  

"One minute....."  

I run toward the white front door. When I was near, I lean over and grasp the large, false rock, before inspecting underneath. "Fantastic."  

The spare key wasn't under the rock. Which meant, Logan Sutherland was in the house.  

"I'm dead, aren't I?"  

Turning the knob, I become aware that Logan left the door open. Thus, I enter the mansion with caution. "Hello?" I ask.  

I felt as though I was in a Horror movie.  

"Logan?"  

I kept walking, and walking through the corridor but stop when I hear a door open and close.  

"Logan. You're scaring me." I squeal.  

"You shouldn't have been avoiding me, or you wouldn't be in this predicament, Tia Frederick."  

I felt a shiver run through, when I hear his deep voice.  

"I-I wasn't avoiding Logan, promise." I stammer.  

"You're a terrible liar."  

I screech in surprise when I whirl around, and see Logan leading against the front door, thus leaving a few meters distance.  

"H-Hi...." 

"It's been a while, and I get a, Hi?" Logan spat, as he began diminishing the distance between us.  

I took a step back, to escape from Logan. However, the attempt is futile because I hit against the wall.  

"Amateur."  

Logan's strong arms wrap around me, then presses his frame against me. "You can't escape." An alluring smirk crept onto his face. "You've been avoiding me, therefore I want to know the reason."  

"Logan, I promise I wasn't a-" Instead of completing the sentence, I squeal when Logan slapped my ass.  

"Don't lie." 

"I am not-"  

Logan gave me a second slap, on the ass. "Tell me the truth, Tia Frederick."  

"I-I...." I stop, and look at Logan's intense stare. "Y-You were in the hospital because of me, and don't start telling me that I am not to blame because I am. The people in college, think that I am to blame." 

"Tia...." He murmurs, "You shouldn't start listening to other people."  

"It is impossible Logan, impossible." I scream in frustration, "That's the reason I made a bet with-" Realizing where the sentence was ending, I stop.  

"Bet?" Logan's voice was serious, and his stare hardened. "Apart from ours, what bet?"  

"I was talking about our bet." I lie.  

"Don't lie, Tia!" Logan said, slapping me once more on the ass.  

I surrender.  

"Kate, she and I made a little bet when I came to visit. You were in the hospital, and she said it was because of me. Then, I should keep a distance to stop the problems I've begun and-"  

I felt Logan's soft lips on mine. His lips are demanding, hard, but rather....gentle? 

I moan into his mouth, whilst wrapping arms around his neck, I bring him closer.  

"Don't ever avoid me, understood?"  

"Understood." 

**

Here is CHAPTER 25 of, "The Nerd Is A Player".

Question Time!

Who is YOUR least favourite character?

and....

TEAMLOGAN or did YOU want more TEAMIAN

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE & FAN. 

Love, E. V. M.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21K 600 27
Jessica's a shy girl shunned from everyone, but when a former popular girl moves to her school, both of their lives change. They become best friends...
234K 11K 63
"At this point, I'll be grateful for your pieces." ***** Jessica Franklin is at her wit ends, literally. With two sist...
48.4K 1.2K 18
Cathy is your 13 year old good girl. She's rich,has good grades,and everything she could possibly have. She just moved to Florida from Utah with her...
327K 12K 80
Order of Series- book 1- Loathing Logan Book 2- Still In Love With You Book 3- Loving Your Imperfections Book 4- The Best Friend's Deal (...