Chapter 21-

"'I didn't know what to call it, what was happening between us, but I liked it. It felt silly and fragile and good." -Ransom Riggs

Hades Grey

Holy shit. Holy fucking shit. I cannot believe that happened. I don't think I've ever been so surprised in my entire life. It had no idea that Lily was capable of something like that. I mean, she killed someone. It makes me wonder, what if she did kill Lawrence and his girlfriend? What if Silvester put away the right killer? That would be fucking awesome. Lawrence deserved to die anyway. If he did what Lily said he did, I'm not at all mad at her for killing him.

I would have once I found out that he touched my mate. Looked at my mate. He probably wanted to take over the position, so I would have had to kill him anyway. I just never thought that she could've been inclined to kill someone. She passed out quickly after Silvester's heart stopped beating. The look of horror on her face is going to scar me for the years to come. It was detrimental to my soul. My whole being wanted to take that pain away. I still want to take that pain away.

I cannot imagine how she was feeling. Yes, because I'm her mate I felt it, but it was a slight projection. She must have been feeling her emotions tenfold. I don't know what she's going to be like when she wakes up. After she passed out, I signalled my guards to clean up the bodies. Gabriella walked in, but wasn't surprised at the dead man in the middle of the front room and others through the house.

As most of the other warriors and mafia men did, there was a bit of relief Silvester was no longer alive. It's now my time to take my rightful place. My Beta and Delta wait for me at the palace. They are ready to obey my commands. I'm ready to be my people's leader. 

The mafia part of the alpha position is kept more on the down low, and most think that the company is the only way we make most of the packs money. That's not necessarily true. I'm ready to fix all the shit that my uncle messed up. I'm determined to be the best ruler of the century with my woman by my side.

After my warriors started cleaning and erasing any evidence that Lily was the killer, I carried my unconscious mate into the bathroom. She didn't stir as I cleaned the blood off her hands, neck, and face. I undressed her and threw my clothes on top of her beautiful naked body. 

I handed the bloody clothes to Anderson, wanting him to burn it with everything else. He instantly did as I asked, and now I'm here. Sipping on a glass of cold whiskey while I wait for Lily to wake up. A plate of chicken bolognese sits next to me, getting colder than my whiskey, but I can't seem to find a way to eat.

Worry for my mate sits in my stomach like a rock. Dove is active within her mind, but Lily is incredibly overwhelmed. Knox is monitoring her heartbeat for me, making sure she's still breathing. I sit there for another minute, and then I watch her slowly open her eyes. She stretches her body as if she's only waking up from a deep sleep. I take a shuddery breath. Her gaze turns to me, and a sad smile makes its way to her face.

"Hi, daddy."

"Hi, my little baby."

"I killed them didn't I?"

I rise from out of the chair and walk cautiously across the room. I don't want to scare her more than she's been scared today. I sit down beside her, stroking the back of her hand.

"Yes, you did."

"Am I going back to Blackstorm?"

"No. More people are grateful that Silvester's dead than anything. The other woman tried to hurt you. No one blames you for that."

"I can't believe I killed someone. Two people. I mean, both were trying to kill me, but I never want to do that again. Promise me I'll never have to do what I did again."

"You shouldn't have been put into that position anyway. Why did you come out of the bathroom?"

"I was worried for you."

"I was worried for you. I wanted you to stay there, so I could protect you."

"But who protects you?"

"All those warriors. I promise that I will be as careful I can."

"You're taking over now."

"Yes. We are going to the palace soon."