Chapter 20-

"What a beautiful thing it is to find somebody who is both strong and soft, somebody who can match the texture of your soul." - Mark Anthony

Lily Madison

I try to calm my heart, hoping that it doesn't beat too loud. Except that Knox/Hades should be the only one to hear it. I don't want to get in too much trouble, but I'm definitely going to face consequences for this. 

Knox - knowing his voice is huskier than Hades' - and Silvester are fighting with words at the moment. Silvester tries to convince and threaten Hades that if I don't come with him by choice, I'll have to go with him once Hades is dead.

I would rather die and be with my mate then ever go with Silvester. I didn't fight back once, but now I will. I raise the knife, getting it ready, but a hand slams me against the wall. A woman, about two feet taller than me, squeezes at my throat - but not in a sexy way like Hades. 

She's trying to kill me. 

Instead of making a sound, I thrust the knife deep into her ribcage. Once I yank it out, blood spurts from the wound and the woman's mouth.

I try not to think too much about what I've done, but I killed someone. Blood stains my hands as I carefully lower the woman to the ground. I can't have her making too much noise. I watch my hands shake as I turn the corner. 

Hades doesn't see me, which is good because then Silvester would know I'm behind him. A hand grasps at my arm, and I turn to see one of Hades' bodyguards standing there. I place a finger over my lips, telling him to keep quiet. His scent covers mine, further hiding the fact that I'm here.

I walk slowly and carefully towards Silvester. I put the knife at my belly button and thrust it forward. A loud gasp exits his mouth, his body dropping to his knees on the floor. Blood exits his mouth as I continue to hold the knife within. I let the silver soak into his bloodstream, poisoning him, and eventually stopping his heart. As he dies, his head tilts back, the sinister smile no longer on his face.

"You."

"Me."

With one last gasp for air, he falls face forward. The loud slam of his body echoes throughout the house. Hades looks at me wide with his beautiful grey eyes. My hands let go of the knife that still sits inside the dead man on the floor. I back away from the body, staring down at my hands.

I shake my head violently as I realize what I have done. I just killed someone. Two people really. On my gosh, I've just killed two people. Why have I done this? Why am I like this? I collapse against the wall, holding my hands away from my own body.

"Lily...you're going to be okay. Oh, my little baby. You're going to be just fine."

And then everything fades to black.