Chapter 4-

"She is delightfully chaotic; a beautiful mess. Loving her is a splendid adventure." – Steve Maraboli

Hades Grey

"My name is Hades Grey. Can you please tell me your name?"

"Lily Madison."

Her voice is like heaven to my ears. I have never heard something so beautiful in my entire life. I don't think Knox has ever been so calm within my mind. He's usually got something to argue with me about, but he's got nothing to say. Or maybe he's too busy trying to get in touch with Lily's wolf. 

She moves closer to me, her thigh right next to my hand. So close and yet so far. Plus, I'm not going to touch her without her permission. I want to make sure she's comfortable before I do anything that might make her feel violated. She's been through more than I can imagine, sitting here in the dark, cold and alone.

"Are you going to help me, sir?"

"You never have to call me sir, little baby."

Her face unexpectedly brightens at the nickname I've given her. If it wasn't clear before, I'm a daddy dom, and I'm hoping she'll be my little girl. I'll be the one to protect her, cherish her, spoil her, love her, and no one else can even look at her. She'll be mine to take care of and teach and be with. I'll be the one she runs to if anything ever happens. I'll be the one that teaches her lessons and scolds her when it's necessary.

I'll be able to lay down with her at night and love her like she deserves. I'll get to hold her, feed her, snuggle with her, brush her hair, bathe her. I'll be overprotective and possessive, and she'll be the best little girl. I can tell she's more of a submissive person, and that'll make it all the easier to introduce her to something she might never have thought of before.

"What should I call you then?"

"Hades is fine."

What I really wish she was calling me is daddy, but we've got a long way till that happens. I can wait. She is my mate, my one, after all. We have the rest of our lives.

"Are you going to get me out of here, Hades?"

"I'm not leaving without you, little baby."

"I have another question."

I nod at her, willing to answer any question she could possibly have.

"How old are you?"

"Twenty-six. Are you eighteen?"

"No!"

Her light giggles of innocence fill the crumbling cell and hope for my brave girl makes me smile.

"I'm twenty! I'm a big girl."

"That you are, my little girl."

"No, no. I'm a big girl. I even get my period."

Oh, boy. The two of us are going to have a lot of fun with this. I turn around to see the embarrassment on the guard's face. I wave them away, and they scurry away quickly. When I glance back at Lily, her eyes are down, facing her hands that are in my hand that's still sitting on the bed.

"Do they not like me?"

"What? The guards?"

"They ran away, Hades."

"They were just giving us alone time."

"'Cause we're mates?"

"Exactly. I'm gonna get you out of here and take good care of you."

A beautiful smile graces her face as her grip on my hand tightens. She has to use both of her hands to even fit one of mine in her grip. Adorable.

"Can we have mac and cheese?"

"Anything you want."

"I want a baby orange too."

"That's it? You want a soda too?"

"I like Ginger ale, but the others are sometimes too spicy because of the bubbles."

I chuckle at the perfect words coming out of her mouth. She's definitely a natural little girl. I don't why she's taken so well with me, so quick, but it feels good. Maybe it's the mate bond, maybe it's the fact that I'm helping her. I don't think I really care. All I want is for her to depend on me for things that she needs and wants, to love me because I love her, and to trust me with everything and anything.

It's a lot to ask for, but I think that it's going to be easier than I thought it would be. Seeing how well we've gotten along so far, our relationship might move quicker than expected. However, I do want to make sure that Lily doesn't feel like she has to.

I'm not about to force her to do anything she doesn't want to do. I prefer a ddlg relationship, but I also want it to be something we both want to do. I know I do, but if it's not working out for Lily, then it would happen. Mates usually go together very well, that's why rejections are so rare. 

Each pair of mates go together exactly how they are supposed to. All relationships look different, but they love each other. That's how it's supposed to be. If we are true mates, and I know we are, everything is going to fall into place as it should. That's the beauty of having a mate.