Chapter 12-

"You'll stare God right in the eye and tell him that if loving her was a sin then you want no place in heaven with him because the way her lips fit perfectly on your neck is a type of paradise you'll never forget."- r.b.

Hades Grey

I press my hand against her stomach, feeling her breathe. Knox listens to the soothing sound of her heartbeat. My fingers move down to dance against the soft skin of her legs. After I helped her take a bath, shave her legs and armpits, brush her hair, and brush her teeth, I can tell that she felt much better. 

Because I'm an alpha, I can read her mental, physical, and emotional feelings more than she thinks I can. I know that she felt more pain in her head before eating and didn't say anything. I know the desire she feels for me. I know if she's having a nightmare or not.

I know that much about other people, but because Lily's my mate, it's much stronger than anything I've ever felt before. It's amazing. I know that I'm depended on and needed. That makes me happier than anything. I'm needed by the one person I need most in my life. That's something that cannot be replaced by anything or anyone else.

I feel so incredibly lucky after waiting for eight years, and it was worth it. To be able to hold this girl in my arms...I would wait twenty years, forty years. She is more than I could have expected from my forever girl. I cannot believe that we've only met each other today. It feels like I've known her for my entire life.

I push off the couch, holding her with one hand on my hip as I carry the dirty plates in my other hand. I have never seen a woman eat so much food in my entire life. After I place the dishes in the sink, I place my empty hand on her beautiful stomach. I'm so glad that my little baby got enough to eat. Hopefully, when she wakes up tomorrow she won't be too hungry. Though, I am ready to feed her as many dinosaur nuggets as she wants.

I place her under the covers of my black, warm bed. I place a kiss on her head before leaving the bedroom. I'm not gonna cuddle her tonight, even though Knox and I both want to. I know she isn't exactly fully comfortable with me yet, and she's been sleeping alone for two years. I don't want her to be scared of me in the morning when she wakes up and finds me tucking her in my arms.

I want to have her consent to sleep with her, even if we are truly only sleeping. It feels wrong for me to take advantage of her in that way, to take advantage of her in any way. With one last look towards the sleeping beauty, I close the door softly behind me. I gather a gray, fluffy blanket and a pillow to fall asleep on the couch with. It's better here than in a guest bedroom because I can hear more in the living room, and I won't have to wash any sheets. Knowing that my mate is safe and sleeping soundly, I sleep without any disturbances for the first time in a while.