Chapter 7-

"I think no matter how much time passes by, I will always have a weak spot for you. And that terrifies the hell out of me."- unknown

Hades Grey

Lily lays her delicate head on my shoulder as she gazes out the window. I press another kiss to the top of her head, glad that she's taking comfort in me and our mate bond. I heard her even begin to start the word 'daddy', but I'm not gonna push it. I truly want her to say it and be comfortable within it. However, as I've said before, it's got to be natural.

With time, she'll become more confident and that's when it'll happen. I do think she's already tried it with someone else, and it didn't work. Our relationship doesn't have to be fast. Most werewolf matings happen quickly. The longest being after a week because of heat and other persuasive ways. But I'm going to let our mateship take as long as it needs.

I want to know more about Lily's background and family before I even try to initiate - besides what I've already done - a romantic relationship with her. She's been through a hell of a lot, I know that much by just seeing the outside of her. Another sign is her wolf being dormant. 

That's a sign that the both of them have gone through a large, serious trauma and/or multiple little ones. Things aren't going to be as quick as Knox or I want them to be, but I'm going to have to learn to be okay with it. I would never push Lily into doing something she doesn't want to do. It makes me sick to think anyone ever has.

"Hades?"

"Yes, little baby?"

"Where are we going?"

"We are going to my home. You're going to stay there with me."

"I get to live with you?"

"Yes. Does that sound okay?"

She nods enthusiastically, her eyes brightening more than I have ever seen them. Soon, her gaze turns back out to the window as she watches the world pass by. After all this time, it must be interesting for her to see the world around her.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Just how beautiful it is."

I look outside the window and find a new perspective on the towering buildings. The city has been a part of my life for so long that I rarely think about the beauty of it and what it comes with. What I know are the smelly streets and nasty people. Lily seems to see it as a place to explore, a busting place with new adventures. 

I can see why she would think so, but the city also holds dangers. Dangers that - as my duty both, mate and daddy - I must protect her from. I take a deep breath as I arrange my thoughts and hold my anger together. It would be a bad time for me to lose my shit.

"Da-Hades, do you think that I'm gonna be in trouble?"

"If anyone is going to be in trouble it's me. And if anyone gives you any, I'll take care of it. You just have to tell me."

"By taking care of it, will you hurt them?"

"We've already had the discussion, and I've already answered that question, little baby. But to remind you, I will only hurt those who deserve it, and I will face those consequences."

"Just making sure that you were telling the truth the first time."

"I will never purposefully lie to you. I might withhold information, but I will not lie about what I do say. I hate liars, so I would be a hypocrite if I did."

Lily nods her head, curling her body into my side. I drape my arm around her and hold her back, so if the car jolts I can keep her close to me. I don't want her to get injured from being in this position. Feeling anxious about it, I move her back into an upright position and pull her back into my body that way. 

I brush a piece of her brunette hair away from her eyes. The rest of the ride to my home is silent, Knox purring inside my head as he listens to each breath taken by his mate. I rub soothing circles on the back of her neck, massaging it slightly.