Chapter 8-

"I don't even know what we talk about, I just listen to the sound of his voice and to his laugh and to the sound of him listening to me." - Sonya Sones

Lily Madison

He wasn't what I was expecting when he first walked into my cell. I thought he was going to be another guard waiting to get permission to take me to the chamber. The chamber was the only place I got to go while I was locked inside the asylum for two years...I think.

I marked days passing by in my mattress, but I was never good at counting. I thought I was going to be able to go to the restroom, have a meal that didn't do much to fill me up, and take a couple sips of water. I know whoever put me in that cell didn't know that the guards were taking the best care of me without anything getting too suspicious.

When Hades came inside, I thought he was going to hurt me. Not that anyone had in the asylum but people outside were sometimes scarier. After what happened with Lawrence and his cheating butt, I didn't know what was going to come of me. What I didn't think would happen was this. I was beaten brutally. I still have some scars from the fact that I was hit with a baseball bat.

I don't remember the man's name, but I remember parts of his face. He had green eyes, but sickly green, with a wild almost savage look within them. He wanted blood, and I quickly figured out it was mine. I tried to plead innocent, that I had nothing to do with the murders of Lawrence and his 'girlfriend,' but the man wasn't hearing any of it. The man's skin was scarred over from a burn as if someone had tried to set him on fire.

I was thinking about the beating when Hades had interrupted my thoughts. His soft black hair glistened in the light made by artificial bulbs, and his face structured perfectly, like a Greek God. It was like he had been molded to spoil my plain eyes, only my eyes. The cold grey eyes of the man were full of intensity, and I felt an aching responsibility to calm the rage and storm inside of him.

I could feel the desperation to get me free deep within, and I knew that I wasn't only feeling my own emotions. I knew that being around Hades was what prompted a new ache that I hadn't felt for quite some time. Hope. Hope that I was going to be okay and that I could trust this man.

He has a Roman nose and a full pair of lips that were now etched in the form of a smirk as we ride in the car together. His tight jaw is an angular shape, and his skin looks so...right. Beautifully soft, smooth, and tan. He dresses so right and business like in a black peacoat, black dress pants, and black dress shoes.

When he touched my skin, I knew that I was a goner. Even though I can't feel my wolf Dove anymore, I knew that this man was my mate. I couldn't have asked for more, there is no such thing. I was about to be saved by my mate, my hero, my man. This gorgeous, sexy, jaw-dropping, panty-dropping man.

He has this dominance surrounding him that I just love. I know that I can ask him for any favor, want him to perform any task, and he would do anything he possibly could to get it done. I can trust him to be the person I need him to be. He's going to take care of me, protect me, comfort me. 

In my last relationship - with Lawrence - where I thought I felt comfortable, things were different. I always felt like I was an object to be used and when he was done with me, I had no more value. I wasn't worth anything unless I got to have attention from Lawrence.

We tried a ddlg relationship, but he wasn't the material. With him, there was no such thing as aftercare or using it in a situation besides sex. I wasn't allowed to be in my headspace when I really needed it, and when I was, he wouldn't do his part. 

I'm not the most babyish of little girls. The things packed in my bag are not at all what I want to do with my time. I love my teddy bear, Bubba, but I don't like coloring or Mad Libs. I'm a bigger little girl than what Lawrence wanted out of me. I guess that's why he cheated. I wasn't good enough for him, but I'm glad that he wasn't my mate.

I got a mate who I can tell understands what kind of little girl I am. I want to be his baby, but I also want to have time outside of my headspace. When I'm in my headspace, I don't want to feel trapped. I think that naturally, because we are mates, Hades and I will have a better relationship than Lawrence and I ever did.

Knox, his wolf, has even talked to me a bit. He asked where Dove was but was saddened when I told him that she wasn't alive inside me. I didn't hum with the same vigor I used to. It has been a long two years, and I'm ready to move on with my life. Hades' grey eyes pierce into me. Shock waves of desire make me want to jolt my body, and I try not to bite my bottom lip.