Chapter 13-

"You have a place in my heart no one else ever could have." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Hades Grey

My body jolts up as a scream radiates throughout the house. My heart beats fast, worry and panic fills me. I use my werewolf speed to quickly burst through the bedroom door to find my little baby thrashing on her bed. Shit, shit, shit. I don't want to scare her awake. Instead of having to wake her myself, her eyes flick open, her body sitting up. Sweat drips from her forehead, her eyes red and flicking wildly. Lily sees me and the need for comfort floats her eyes.

"What was happening to me, daddy?"

"You were having a nightmare, little baby. Do you remember it?"

She nods violently as I make my way to her. Her arms stretch out to reach me. The moment our hands touch, her body sags in relief while the tingles and shocks bounce between us. I climb onto the bed to wrap her in my embrace, soothing her with only my warmth. Knox whines in my head, and I understand what he's going through. He's terribly scared for his mate and for her wolf who doesn't seem to be present in Lily's body or soul.

"Can you tell me what it was about?"

"Tomorrow, please. I just want to cuddle."

"Alright. I'm right here, my little baby. Right here and not going anywhere."

"Are you sure, daddy?"

"Absolutely positive. No one's going to be able to get rid of me."

That seems to do the trick because as I rub small circles on her back and run my fingers through her hair, Lily slowly falls back asleep. My adrenaline is pumping too hard for me to be able to get sleep in the next couple of hours, so I lay down with her on my chest. And I can finally breathe. Pain and emptiness seem to leave me.

Love for something other than myself holds me anchored to this world. A purpose for my life is now unmatched by what I first believed it was. Her safety, happiness, comfort, love is all I can possibly care about now. If it means that I can help others from the wrath of Silvester and other savages, then that's a luxury. I close my eyes, breathing in the apple and caramel scent that surrounds me. I fall asleep once again, holding my girl tight in my arms.

I wake up to bouncing on my chest. Giggles reach my ears as I groan and take my arm off my eyes. I blink my eyes open to see the most beautiful woman on my chest, her perfectly thick thighs wrapped around my muscular chest. Good, her quick healing features of being a werewolf are kicking it. More food and rest and maybe her wolf will come back. 

Knox tries to persuade me into taking a whiff of the arousal from Lily that only the two of us can smell, but I manage to hold back from him taking control of the situation. As Lily scoots down, I become very aware of my other situation - down further south if you know what I mean. I catch her hips right before she lands directly on top of my morning wood and scooch her back up towards my belly button. 

Her small fingers softly trace the tattoos drawn on my skin. She gazes at me in curiosity, her brown eyes hitting the depths of my soul. Gosh, if only I could have woken up like this every fucking day before this. After today, this is the only way I want to be awakened. I move my hands under the t-shirt she's wearing, rubbing her stomach. 

"Are you hungry?"

"Yes, daddy. I want french fries."

"Is that healthy for the morning?"

"No...but I'm a spoiled baby."

"Are you now?"

"Well, I'm about to be."

I can't help but chuckle at the morning feistiness I've got to deal with. But with a smile from Lily, I know I wouldn't want to endure anything less. She's too fucking beautiful. For her own good really. I shiver with pleasure as her hands run up my chest and into my hair. 

Her fingers run through the strands, but then she unexpectedly pulls on them. I give her a sharp glance, not about to tolerate behavior like that. I know that she knows better than to hurt anyone.

"Be careful, little."

"I'm sorry, daddy."

"It's okay, but don't do it again. Unless you want a punishment."

She shakes her head, and I know that she's heard what I have said. I lift her from my body and place her on the bed, so I can get up. Her mouth drops open as she stares at me. I catch her eyes, giving her a small wink, and a blush runs down her face. I watch it disappear under the t-shirt and feel a hungering desire to see how far it goes down. Knox grumbles at the fact that we haven't marked her yet, but I try to debate with him.

"Can I tell you what my nightmare was about?"

"Of course. Why don't we get some food while you talk to me."

"Carry me please, daddy?"

"Yes, I'll carry you."