Chapter 11-

"the wounds have changed me. i am so soft with scars my skin breathes and beats stars." Nayyirah Waheed

Lily Madison

Hades sets me down as we enter the kitchen. A sweet looking woman comes up to the both of us, but she first bends down to hug me first. A motherly scent and feeling surrounds me as she gives me a loving hug and a kiss on the cheek. Once she stands, Hades bends down to give her a hug and a kiss as well. 

"Gabriella, meet Lily...my mate."

"Oh, sweetheart! It's so good to meet you!"

"Nice to meet you too."

My stomach grumbles again, and I tuck my head into Hades' side out of embarrassment.

"Oh, it's okay, sweetheart. I know you're hungry. I made unicorn mac and cheese, smiley fries, and dinosaur chicken nuggets for you. How does that sound?"

I take my head out of Hades' side with a small bit of his coaxing and smile at Gabriella. She seems very nice, but I'm not super comfortable with other people yet. As she turns her back, I glance up at Hades who gives me a kiss on the head. 

Yes! I made him proud! I'm such a good girl, just like daddy says. Gabriella turns back to me, my plate covered with food. Hades' arm reaches beside me, taking the plate in his hand. I gather whatever else I want which includes water, Ginger ale, and a napkin. Hades gets his own plate before we go into the movie room I was excited to see.

"Now, which movie do you want to watch?"

"Disney!"

"Well, that's a lot of movies. What's your favorite?"

"Belle. Let's watch Belle!"

"Beauty and the Beast it is. The new or old one?"

"New one?"

"Right. We'll watch that one and see how you like it, little baby."

"Is it scary?"

"If it gets to a scary part, I'll be right here to protect you."

"I trust you, daddy."

Hades smiles down at me, handing me my plate and a spoon. I just use my hands instead because I can eat faster that way. I eat three plates, drink one Ginger ale glass, and four waters as the movie plays. I can tell that Gabriella thinks I'm crazy for eating so much which makes me feel insecure. I'm just really, really hungry and her food is so good. 

Feeling like I need snuggle time, I climb into Hades' lap without a second's hesitation. He wraps his arms around my body, and I lean into his touch. He licks his bottom lip, his eyes skimming over my face. I bite my lip as he leans closer.

His lips are so close to mine, my body thrumming with anticipation. His chest almost pressed against mine. His breath gently hits my face. His hand reaches up to hold the side of my face. My eyes close, our lips almost touching, but a bang on the tv makes me jump. Our foreheads graze as I clasp my hand to my heart. 

His face flashes with a look of disappointment. His deep chuckle is soft in my ear. His thumb moves in small circles along the small of my back. My body involuntarily moves closer to his warm, needing his calming scent. My gaze turns back to the screen, and my eyes flutter closed as I gradually fall asleep to the sound of his breathing.