Chapter 1-

"You're my first thought in the morning, my last thought before I fall asleep and almost every thought in between." - unknown

Hades Grey

"Hades Kingston Grey. You are supposed to be the next Don of a mob, Alpha of a pack, and CEO of a multi-million dollar company. You cannot expect me to believe you're ready when you do shit like this."

"What if I told you that it wasn't my fault?"

"It wasn't your fault that I was forced to kill an innocent person because they opened the wrong door? Weren't you the one that brought her here?"

"We were just going to have some fun."

"Whoever your mate is will have a really hard time learning to love you."

Ouch, that was harsh. Knox, my wolf, growls in my head, not liking the disrespect we heard from our uncle, Silvester Grey. After my father (Thomas Grey) was brutally murdered when I was ten, my mother (Olivia Grey) passing away from an overdose when I was twelve, my uncle raised me.

I was supposed to have someone I can respect and trust above me in order to learn everything I need to know to take over what my father left truly to me. Personally, I think Silvester killed my father for power. I am twenty-six, so it's my time to reign over the men who have surrounded me since birth. But my uncle is making it as difficult as possible, and I'm debating whether or not I should just kill him now.

My mother, who is most certainly the angel on my shoulder, would highly disapprove of that action. However, I cannot sit around and wait for my uncle to be ready to hand down the business when I don't think he ever will be. It is against werewolf law for an alpha to be over fifty for safety reasons, but my uncle's ancient fifty-two-year-old ass doesn't seem to want to stand up out of the throne yet. 

I do have the upper hand though. I'm a much better shot than he is. My younger sister, Fiona Carmin Grey - age twenty-one - might also have something to say. She's really my uncle's daughter, but I call her my sister instead of cousin because that's what she's been for me. 

Fiona's biological brother, Lawrence James Grey, and his girlfriend (I don't know her name) were the two that were murdered two years ago. No one knows what truly went down except the people involved and two of them are dead. They can't say much. And the third, that's who my uncle claims the murderer is. 

I suspect that the person my father is saying is the killer didn't really do it. My theory is my uncle, being the violent man he is, was the one who had something to do with their murders. He says he was 'forced' to kill the innocent girl walking around this morning, but I know he enjoyed it.

I know this because I know what kind of man he is. He is willing to do whatever it takes, even killing his own son, to keep the power and dominance that he didn't even work to earn. I have been training, organizing, and planning my whole life to take over the responsibility that my great-grandfather built.

Silvester sees it as something that shows how much strength you have, but I see it as a way to protect others from harm. My uncle seems to be the one harming others. That's not why the company or the mob or the pack was created. It was created to protect all people from the dangers that could occur to them. It's my job to protect people from my own uncle.

And to know why my uncle has become so angry and so much more violent, I need to meet the person who caused the death of the most precious thing in his life. Lawrence was everything my uncle wished him to be, grooming him to perfection, thinking that he would someday take the throne from me. 

I never wish to kill (besides Silvester) but I would have been the one to kill Lawrence. No one takes what's rightfully mine. Knox purrs thinking about the mate that we could also call ours someday. It's been a long eight years without them since we are supposed to meet them at eighteen, but I've been so focused on other things...I haven't allowed myself to search for them.

Now that I'm going to be taking over everything soon, I want to have my woman beside me.