Chapter 10-

"He lulls me to sleep and kisses my eyes...don't tell anyone the big bad wolf is a puppy in disguise." - unknown

Lily Madison

"What are we doing now?"

"We are going to get you some mac and cheese, water, ginger ale, and maybe we can watch a movie."

    Still naked before him, I hug my arms around his waist, so glad that we're doing something that I want to do. He actually listened to me! How exciting is that! He kisses the top of my head and rubs circles on my back.

"We've got to get you dressed first, okay?"

"Okay..."

"Is there something else you need to say?"

I shake my head no, hoping that if I don't say anything, the 'daddy' I'm desperately trying to say won't come out. Hades pulls a large, black t-shirt - which I'm guessing is his - over my head. It drops down to my knees, and I swish it around as if it's a dress. I try to run out of the bathroom in giddiness, but he holds me back for a moment. He dangles boxers in front of my face, and my blush returns to my face.

"I forgot about underwear."

"Yes, you did, little baby."

    He kneels on the floor, letting me hold onto his shoulders as he puts the underwear on me.

"Better?"

"Better, daddy."

    It slips out before I even realize it. I don't even know what happened or how it happened, it just did. He stands over me, his authoritative dominance making me want to shrink into his comfort. I want to leap into his arms and force him to protect me, cuddle me, kiss me.

He knows when I want him to be soft, but he knows what I need a stern talking to or a further punishment. I chew on my bottom lip as I wait for Hades disastrous reaction, but it never comes. He only presses a kiss against my forehead and intertwines my hand in his.

"You're my good, brave, little baby. I knew that adorable, perfect little word would come out soon enough."

"You knew, daddy?"

"Daddy knows everything, little."

    I make grabby hands towards him, and I'm instantly lifted into his arms. I'm going to be such a spoiled baby. I can really feel my little space taking over as I continue to get comfortable with Hades as a person. With that comes my willingness to accept him as my mate and daddy. I wish Dove were here. She would have some good advice for me on things I could do to take care of my daddy when he needs it.

"What are you thinking about?"

"What if you need protection, daddy? You protect me and make me happy, but what do I do for you?"

"You be the sweet little baby you are, and that'll be enough."

"But daddy..."

The whine comes out of my mouth, but with a sharp gaze from Hades through the bathroom mirror, I know that it was unneeded behavior. He finishes brushing my hair and carries me out of the steamy bathroom. He runs his fingers through my new, clean hair, and my stomach grumbles as I smell the freshly cooked food. Hades rubs my stomach, his lips dipping into a frown.

"It's okay, I'm gonna eat all of it."

"That's right because you are my good girl."

Pride fills my chest as I get praise. I feel a fluttering feeling in my head again, the pain returning for a moment before disappearing. It's like something is pushing against my mind. It wouldn't be Knox or Hades trying to mindlink with me because Knox has already done it, and it didn't feel like that.

It's not Hades because we're right next to each other, that wouldn't make sense. Plus, we can't really mindlink yet because we aren't mated, and Knox was just searching my mind. They're two different things. I debate whether or not I should tell my daddy, but I decide not to. If it comes back and doesn't go away as quick, I'll tell him.