Chapter 19-

"We never had to force love. We were drowning in it the moment we met." -perry poetry

Lily Madison

I want to tell him I love him too, that I love Hades as well, but I scurry off the bed instead. Knox uses his werewolf speed to change quickly. He gives me a heavy kiss before locking the bedroom door. Worry fills me, but I don't let that stop me from doing what Knox/Hades asked of me. 

I'm gonna be a good girl. But as panic sets in, I feel myself slipping out of my little headspace. Dove's need to help her mate becomes almost too much. My submissive side fights against the side of me that needs to be with my mate.

I lock myself in the bathroom and brush my teeth. But afterward, the desire is too great. I slowly unlock the door, not wanting to make any noise. I hear shouting in the living room of our home. The nasally voice sounds so familiar. Where have I heard it and why can't I think of it now? It's like taking a test. I know that I know where it's from, but I'm too anxious to remember it. I close my eyes for a moment, thinking back. And then it clicks.

Silvester. That voice is Silvester's.

I try not to gasp at the fact that he has really come for me. Instead, I carefully search through Hades' drawers. He must have a knife or weapon in here. I rush back to the bathroom and open the top drawer. So that's why he asked me to hide here. There's a knife, a silver knife. 

I could protect myself. I could kill a werewolf with this. Hades had an idea that something like this would happen. He didn't know who it would be, but he knew that at some point I might need it. I am going to be his mate and knowing who he is, something's bound to happen.

I grasp the cold object in my hand and go to the bedroom door. I take a deep breath before clicking open the lock slowly. I allow Dove to take over part of my mind. I'm gonna need her to be able to handle anything that might happen. 

I hold my breath as I take the first step outside the door. I sneak around the back, hoping that Silvester's back is facing the front door. That way I can slink behind him and stab him in the back.

It might be a bit condescending, but he deserves it.

I move my body quietly around the house, the knife grasped tightly in my hand in case anyone I'm not expecting pops up. But as I peer around the corners, I can tell that Hades or his men have already killed everyone else. Counting the dead bodies and the amount of blood on the floor, it only took a few seconds for all of Silvester's warriors to die. I guess, his men weren't as loyal as he thought they were.

It looks like some of the warriors were actually part of Hades' team. Silvester really needs to figure out who's loyal to him, and I have a feeling that it's not many people. I glance through the mirror to see if anyone is standing around the corner, and that's when I see him. 

Silvester stands with his shoulders broad, his chest most likely puffed out. What a douchebag. Sitting in his hands are two guns, with what I'm guessing are silver bullets in them.