Chapter 2-

"Feels like lightning running through my veins everytime I look at you." - unknown

Hades Grey

"Uncle, what prison is Lawrence's killer being held?"

I'm not about to hold back my brutal honesty to please him nor stop myself from hurting his feelings.

"Not in a prison, Hades. Blackstorm Asylum."

Holy fuck. He really does hate this person. Blackstorm Asylum is one of the most heavily guarded, violent, terrible asylums. The people usually sent there are serial killers or serial rapists, no one who has only murdered two people. The guards there can do whatever they please. No one cares what goes on.

The living conditions are disgusting, and the prisoners are usually abused. Treated awfully. It's almost unexplainable just how horrible it really is. My uncle shouldn't be abusing the Asylum. What he calls 'treatments' are more like torture. Even the toughest people within our society would rather die than be sent there.

I've only been once, with my father actually. He wanted to show me the worst of the worst, so I could be able to judge people based on how bad they could really be. For young me, I used that scale to determine many things, including what kind of man Silvester is. He isn't as bad as the people sent to Blackstorm, but he isn't off the hook.

I don't know what he does behind closed doors. And that's truly something I want to figure out. But Blackstorm...I cannot believe he sent the killer there. He doesn't even know if they are truly the killer. I don't think they are. To send an innocent person to the most disgusting place on this continent...it's inhumane.

"Are you going? You're about to meet a murderer."

First of all, he's a murderer. He killed a girl this morning. I just want to make that clear. He has killed more people in his lifetime than I can even count. He could be at Blackstorm. It's only because he has power that he can evade the consequences of his actions.

I think if he did what he does for the right reasons, I would be more forgiving, but he kills people to kill. It's cold-blooded, irrational, and completely insane. He feels no remorse, and I know he likes it. I haven't been able to prove that he's as crazy as I think he is, but one of these days, it's gonna come out into the open. And people are going to be terrified.

I finish pulling on my black peacoat and black dress shoes. If I'm going to meet a killer, if I'm going to the most dangerous place ever, I want to look good doing it. The prisoners have to know that I'm not someone they can touch. Though, I have a feeling they are going to know exactly who I am the minute I walk in.

I also don't think it's going to be a very friendly welcome. Not that I want one from any of the people in there. I grab the keys to my most prized car, my black Lamborghini Huracán Evo. I have multiple other cars, but if I want to look like the dominant man I am, I have to look confident and cocky while doing it.

 Once I've reached Blackstorm, the guards make me get out of the car. They search inside and out of my car, pat me down, check my I.D., and then let me go inside. The first thing I'm hit with is the awful stench of vomit, sweat, and blood. The heat is smoldering, and I peel off my jacket at the front desk. 

A guard - a large and burly man - comes up to me and asks me where I want to go or who I want to meet. I only say Lawrence Grey's killer, not knowing their name, but the guard switches his demeanor. He seemed more willing to help me when he didn't know who I was seeing.

"Is something wrong...?"

"Bruce Clay and no, sir. Levi, Cooper, Dustin, and I will take you down."

"Down?"

"To isolation, sir. The killer hasn't seen the light of day since they got here."

"It's been two years."

"I'm not the boss here, sir. Technically, your uncle is, sir."

I wasn't expecting a friendly welcome, but this is something else. This is hostility towards the system and its leaders, one of those leaders being me. Knox doesn't seem to appreciate it, but I'm curious. Why do they feel the need to be jackasses towards me? Are they protecting something? And what could that something be? Certainly not a killer...right? 

If this killer really is one. Do these men also think that the killer is innocent? The silence is brutal as the four guards and I make our way down the multiple passageways and stairs. And finally, in what seems to be the basement, there are only a couple of cells. However, there's only one door closed.

"Do you need a moment of privacy with them, sir?"

"Please stay at the end of the hallway. I might want you to open the door."

"The door of the cell?"

"I want to have a conversation, I'm not going to hurt anyone."

Relief seems to fill the features of the guards, and it makes me even more confused than I already am. What is going on? I walk down the hallway, the noise from my shoes bouncing off the walls in a deafening echo. I didn't know who I was expecting to meet when my uncle told me that I was about to meet my cousin and his girlfriend's killer. 

Maybe they were going to be a large, face tattooed man with no hair and pale skin. Maybe they were going to be a skinny, white man who looked more like a little boy. Or maybe they were going to be a somewhat handsome, easygoing looking man.

But when I look into the cell, it is someone different from what I could have ever imagined.